Crosstrainer & LT?

want2loseit

I know serious exercise isn't recommended on LT but what are any of your thoughts on using a crosstrainer? I'm completely new to exercise (as my thighs and backside will vouch for lol) but in an attempt to try and tone up at the same time...and maybe stave off some of the potential loose skin would a crosstrainer be ok? It wouldn't be energetic exercise at first and to be honest 10 mins a day would count as a major achievement to me.

Am determined to do this right, right from the start lol
x

I'm joining the gym on Friday and I'll be mostly using the crosstrainer and treadmill, i think excercise is very important on LT.
A manager in Curves told me that loadsa the members do VLCDs.
Also, we need to change our lifestyles from the getgo rather than lose it and fall into old habits (i've learnt from my regain!!)

thanks hun :) I tried curves before but although I loved the workout it was a bit...cliquey maybe is the right word, everyone knowing each other, standing gossiping around the machines lol I stuck it 4 weeks and didn't go back, going to get a cheapish cross trainer just to keep at home
x

Oh i haaate Curves, i'd never go back!
It's a little local gym i'm joining, 120euro for 6months and that includes all the classes, boxercise, tai boi, spinning, step etc!
I'm not going to do my usual sh**te of going obsessivly for 2 weeks then never again though :p i'm only going to make myself go 3 times a week and enjoy it!

You'll be able to watch telly while working it! that'll be great!!

No ifs or buts!! :mad:

Ha look at me all high and mighty just cos I've managed 1 and a half days on the LT wagon after a week of piggery haha!

:D

I think a crosstrainer will be fine. I used to do twenty mins a day while watching tv. That was a while ago. Was on slimming piles then. I am now using the wii fit about four times a week to tone up as I'm losing weight I think it's working too. Let's hope so lol:)

I'm on Cambridge and I still go to the gym regularly. I've found that while I'm there I can still do as much cardio etc as I used to, but it takes me longer to recover afterwards, so I've knocked my usual hour of cardio down to 30 mins and so far so good.

I have noticed that I can't use the weights like I used to and I've had to resort to lighter ones, but I still use them to help with toning. Hope this helps. It actually feels good to know that you're burning actual fat while you're exercising and not just carbs like you would be if you weren't on LT, CD or any other VLCD.

I go to David Lloyd, I joined a few years back with a couple of friends, both of them have fallen by the wayside lol. But I'm still going, I only joined because it has an outdoor pool, which might sound a bit crackers in our climate, but I love swimming outdoors, the cooler air makes it easier somehow.

It's expensive, but worth every penny because the gym isn't full of chavs, meatheads and barbie girls, it's just normal people who're more interested in getting fit than posing. Sorry if that makes me seem stuck up, but I just want to get on with what I'm doing without feeling paranoid.

I go to David Lloyd, I joined a few years back.

It's expensive, but worth every penny .

I was looking at their website. The only thing that puts me off is that you have to fill in an enquiry form online, and I just want to know prices, as opposed to being invited up, phone calls etc etc.

The place looks great though.

If your a local then splash gym is actually pretty good. I wasnt expecting it, as I used to be a member of david lloyds (had a cheap membership from where i used to work!) but its actually really nice there!

On a side note, dont forget that weights help with weight loss as well! If you build your muscles then they need more energy to work, and hence burn more calories, resulting in more weight loss! :D

thanks everyone :) I think I need to educate myself a lot more about LT instead of listening to all the strange stories people in the 'real world' are telling me.

I was going to hire a power plate there's a place in Carryduff (for anyone in NI) that hires them and give that a go, it works out slightly cheaper than going to the leisure centre or whatever to use them daily...but again was told that would faint or get blackouts using a powerplate and following LT.

Starting to waver a wee bit to be honest. Want to lose the weight, quickly and safely but sick hearing the horror stories :(

I was looking at their website. The only thing that puts me off is that you have to fill in an enquiry form online, and I just want to know prices, as opposed to being invited up, phone calls etc etc.

The place looks great though.
My DL is £65 per month for basic membership, and I think £72 if you include raquets, which I haven't cos I got no-one to play with :cry: lol. I know it's a lot but to me it's worth it, there are def cheaper places that are prob just as good. But I'm a DL girl through and through.

As long as you make sure that your hydrated it shouldnt be too much of a problem. Take it easy your first few times and see how you feel. In all honesty there's no one who can judge better what you can do while on this diet than yourself.

Listen to your body, and if you feel you should push on then go for it, if your bodys saying "whoa hold up" then have a break and see how you feel. If you left the gym not feeling satisfied, that just gives you more encouragement for the next time you go! :)

If your a local then splash gym is actually pretty good. I wasnt expecting it, as I used to be a member of david lloyds (had a cheap membership from where i used to work!) but its actually really nice there!

On a side note, dont forget that weights help with weight loss as well! If you build your muscles then they need more energy to work, and hence burn more calories, resulting in more weight loss! :D

Do you mean the one in Stockton? Or have I misunderstood? I could never leave David Lloyd, they've sucked me in and brainwashed me lol. Have heard good things about Stockton Splash tho for anyone from Teesside.

Yeah the one in stockton is good, £23.50 a month for unlimited gym, swimming and all lessons. Seemed a bargain to me!

Though I hate using the free weights there due to all the muscle guys showing off (though I remember the same at david lloyds! lol)

Yeah the one in stockton is good, £23.50 a month for unlimited gym, swimming and all lessons. Seemed a bargain to me!

Though I hate using the free weights there due to all the muscle guys showing off (though I remember the same at david lloyds! lol)

Ah Big Boy Corner, yeah it's still the same lol. But I use the girlie weights downstairs, I used to venture into Big Boy Corner with my friend, but he's gone to join the Fitness First one now, so I'm too scared:cry:. Not as bad as JJB used to be though, the place was filled with meatheads on steroids (not that I'm making generalisations or anything ;)).

Haha. I love doing the free weights but invested for a set at home instead.

I want to loose weight and then tone up. I'm sure somewhere under these layers is a six pack waiting to get out! haha

thanks everyone :) I think I need to educate myself a lot more about LT instead of listening to all the strange stories people in the 'real world' are telling me.

I was going to hire a power plate there's a place in Carryduff (for anyone in NI) that hires them and give that a go, it works out slightly cheaper than going to the leisure centre or whatever to use them daily...but again was told that would faint or get blackouts using a powerplate and following LT.

Starting to waver a wee bit to be honest. Want to lose the weight, quickly and safely but sick hearing the horror stories :(

That's a load of rubbish that you will faint or have blackouts if you use a powerplate! I have one, and use it most days and I always feel fine. Many Lipotrimmers use one, they are perfectly safe!

Clair x

Back