Cruise Line Advice Please

HelenG

Hi All

I'm finally getting the chance to take my beloved Ma on a cruise this year. We'd like to travel the Eastern Med and I can only really go in September.

Can anyone give me recommendations for cruise lines? I saw an advert for 'Costa Cruises' an Italian company - does anyone have any experience of them?

Any Travel Agents online?

Hi Helen

Go with Royal Carribean as they are fantastic!! Don't book direct with them though as you will get it a lot cheeper through the cruise companys like Vacations to go and Gills cruise, Cruise Inn etc

I personally wouldn't recommend Ocean Village, spent 2 weeks in the caribbean with them in January and amongst other things, it seemed they were most proud of the fact that they sell more alcohol in one day then other cruise ships do in a week!! This was reflected in the behaviour of some of the guests.

One thing we did learn though, which may be worth thinking about, is when it comes to action ashore trips you can usually get a better deal locally than booking with the cruise line. For instance one of the day trips advertised would have cost us £40 each booked in advance, we paired up with 2 other couples and a local taxi firm and the same trip cost us just £10 each.

I hope you have a fantastic holiday whoever you decide to go with.

Thanks Ladies - I've been looking at the sites baby jayne suggested and to be honest it's a bit of a minefield for me. I might just have to see if I can get my neice on the case - she's much better at trawling the web than me.:D

hi helen i have been on 3 cruise around the med, twice with island cruise which is first choice hols, i went on the island escape the first time, & the island star the second time both time,s i had a wounderful time & wood love to go again, but saving up for a caribbean one for next year,. also ive been cruising round the mad on thompson and that i also had a great time, that was on the thompson destiny, all 3 ships and there staff were so nice a down to earth, they had a couple of formel nights but if you didnt want to were formal you didnt have to, but all 3 ships were fun, friendly & informal

I to have been on the Island Escape and think it is a fab ship. It is great for a first time Cruiser, it has been taken over by Thompsons now.
Have a look at thompsons the travel agent website for Cruises as they can book Royal Carribean for you cheaper than going direct. You could try your local travel agent. Make sure you do your homework as you can save a LOT of money.

I though Ocean Village was fantastic! Behaviour on board was great and the kids had a great time.
We liked the informality of it. Cabins were spacious and food was excellent.

Hi All

Thanks for your replies - we have booked with Ocean Village - can't wait!

Helen - I think you will love OV!! I can't see what there is not to like.

I think this year is the last season for them as they are apparently moving to Australia to cater for their market.

We had a fab time and I'm sure you will too.

Back