Crunchy oatbakes - better as biscuits than cereal

gobolino

Gold Member
Hi Everyone

Does anyone else find the same as me ? I think I'd be ok eating these as dry little biscuits but this morning I put some in a bowl for breakfast and it was approx 100g (it was not a large bowl my any means)... that in itself is approx 2 B choices plus 6syns. Then :cry:I had two of these :( Not a great start to the day !

BUT, my lesson has been learnt I'll never have these with milk as a breakfast cereal again! I'll have them dry as little biscuits or I'll have them on top of yog or something.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this wierd situation !!!!

Gobolino ;) x

No you are not weird (well, you may be in other ways, but then aren't we all!!).

I really don't like milk, and I particularly don't like milk with cereal as it always makes it go soggy before I can finish. So when I do have cereal I mix it with yogurt.

And yes, I agree, some cereals are lovely just on their own as a biscuit substitute.

I love cereal dry, and one of my biggest problems is not sticking my hand in the cereal boxes every time I open the cupboard. That is probably weird. I ahve now made sure I don't buy my fave, such as oatbakes which would be lucky to last a day, with or without milk, and make sure when I have weighed out my cereal and soted the kids, I tie the inside wrapper iup, so it's a real efford to get in them. Oatbakes are a no no though. I'm safer with choc biccies than them. Lynda

Thanks both for your replies...... I'm sad to report that the whole box of oatbakes has now gone (I had the rest for my lunch :() I should know better I can only be trusted with cereal thats already portioned eg weetabix, shredded wheat or if I make porridge. Oh well, I guess I've got the cereal binge out of my system. Here's my line:

I do the same with Oatbakes... my other half happily finishes a box in about 5 days, whereas mine lasts about 3 weeks of little 28g portions which I eat like biscuits on my drive to work! :D

WARNING!

I always used to eat these as biscuits as they were handy for me when I stay in hotels while working away (hotel breakfast being something I avoid due to binge potential) I used to bag them up in 28g portions- lovely

Just make sure they're fresh- I ate a bag once that was a bit stale and cracked my tooth- cost me £350 to have a crown fitted! Very expensive snack! lol
x

I had Ready Brek this morning cos it's chilly, and cos I'm doing a 'different HEb each day' thing this week, 28g makes quite a reasonable bowlful and I added a dark chocolate highlights sachet to it, made the most lovely warm chocolate pud ever!!

Thanks again for your thoughts everyone.

Take care with them MommyB ! very addictive and you dont get many for 28g. Vixxster, I love ready brek and making it chocolatey is fab - I love making chocolate porridge and you're right it is a good sized portion. Woooah cocktail princess that was a pricey cereal! They are super crunchy, the roof of my mouth was hurting after a whole box full (serves me right!).

Back