crusty garlic bread HELP?

icklerockchick

slow but steady!
Now that it's been discovered that WW petit pan can be used as a HEB :D:D I am drooling at the thought of crusty bread and more importantly garlic bread.

Anyone with experience know what the best way to make it would be? Not sure if should syn some spread or just try crushed garlic clove, maybe some garlic powder and frylight?

Not got any of the petit pans in yet to make them but just wondering if anyone had garlic bread experience! x

I know someone who lightly toasts bread, then sprays on fry light buttery & rubs in garlic then puts it under the grill for a minute so you could do the same thing with the rolls. I have to admit I wasn't keen - I'd rather have butter & syn it, but the oh loved it so maybe it's worth trying!

My husband is coeliac, and I use one of his part baked rolls that are a HEB with about 10g Lurpark garlic butter (3.5 syns) - makes fab crusty garlic bread :)

lurpak garlic butter for 3.5syns sounds lovely!! x

I used to crush the garlic and mix it in with some (room temp) Lurpak and a bit of salt & pepper, then heat up the bread a bit so the butter spreads more easily over it, then toast it for a coupl of min :drool: Lush! :drool:

A few HEXes might get spent on this baby I think! :p

Thanks for the responses people, never tried making garlic bread before but now rather excited about the prospect mmm! :D

garlic bread

our consultant told us on saturday someone in her other group makes garlic bread by ssprinkling her bread with dried garlic herbs then spreading it with quark.if you give it a go post what its like.:)

Apparently it doesn't say it online yet but does in the 2012 free branded foods book in the healthy extra section!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

icklerockchick said:
Apparently it doesn't say it online yet but does in the 2012 free branded foods book in the healthy extra section!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have checked in the book 1 x 50g WW petit pain is a hexB on any day.

This maybe my favourite post I had read in months. YUM, I love crusty white bread.

I tried it today. I cut it in half before cooking, sprayed on olive oil fry light & sprinkled on garlic powder. It was a lot better than I remember :)

sweet baby jesus this has just made my day I LOVE garlic bread...need to find some of the WW Petit pains now!!

Where can you get the WW petit pains from!??? This sounds amazing, need to try it!! haha xx

Back