Cupcake

Cupcake.

Hello!!:sign0144:

I am brand new to this AMAZING website but since finding it a few weeks ago I've spent hours creeping around and finally decided to get my a*s into gear and start my own diary!

I am starting "officially" tomorrow morn but I thought I'd get started with a little intro!!

So over the past 3ish years the pounds have been steadily increasing and I can see the trend continuing unless I put a stop to it! I've decided after about a year of considering it to give Dukan a good shot.

Aside from stopping the creep I also got engaged a few months ago and have a wedding :character00250: coming up next year so I would of course like to be looking nicely trimmed and toned!

I hope this diary will keep me accountable! I'm not the best at cooking so if the word (burnt) appears you'll know why :eek:

Any words of wisdom are more than welcome! Thanks!:)

Welcome to the site, the ppl here are amazing so dont be afraid to ask if you need help x

Thanks Ellie!!

Bought lots of Dukan friendly groceries and re-read the first few chapters of the book! So now I'm ready to start! :)

DAY 1 (17 Oct):

Diet

B: FF Vanilla Yogurt (500g!!...perhaps now the best start)
L: Turkey Slices (100g)
D: Thai Chicken (Tiny bit of no sugar curry paste on cooked chicken slices)
S: Skinny Latte, Tea x 3

H20 x 1.5 Litres (aim for more tomorrow!)

Exercise:

Bikram Yoga class
Run x 6.8km(outside) in 49min (man I've lost fitness!)

Room for improvement?

Perhaps a bit too much dairy?

Also was wondering if I could have water with lemon juice...I know the book says we can have it on food but not drink it. Does a squeeze in water count as drinking lemon juice? Thanks :)

Last edited:
DAY 2 (18 Oct):Actual :)

Diet

B: FF Vanilla Yoghurt (800g...eeekk )
L: Prawns (200g) + 200g FF Vanilla Yoghurt
D: Ham Omelette (with oatbran)
S: Skinny Latte, Tea x 3

H20 x 2.25 Litres
Also a Vitamin water thing.

Exercise:

Bikram Yoga class

Last edited:
Hi there,
I am no expert but where is your oatbran in the menu?
You need to be having 1.5 tablespoons (15g = 1 tablespoon) during Attack. You can stir it into your yoghurt if you haven't been?

Hi Cupcake, welcome to the site. If you could update your UserCP details with your height that will help people give you more accurate advice.

To echo Teddy, where is your oatbran? It's an important part of the diet and for me it's my weekday breakfast staple - there are some great recipes for muffins and the foolproof galette on the recipe thread.

What brand is your yoghurt? Most, in fact all, of the flavoured ff yoghurts contain sugar. It's best to buy plain fat free and sweeten and flavour it yourself. Dairy is unlimited in attack so don't worry about that amounts just yet. How many days attack have you been recommended?

I'd say your menu looks too light on protein. Try and up the amount as this really will help your losses.

Hi Ladies :)

Thanks so much for the support and suggestions!

Oatbran
I just 100% forgot it on day 1 when I swapped my proposed omelette for chicken...got it into my omelette day2 and gonna sneak it in the same way today!

Yoghurt
Yoghurt brand is Nestle Soleil Diet...it's a new version of the Nestle yoghurt (nutritional details below!!)...hope it meets the criteria because it's yummmmmm!:drool:

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Servings per mega pack: 6.7
Serving size: 150g

Average Qty % Daily Average Qty
per Serving Intake per 100g
Energy 251kJ (60Cal) 3% 167kJ (40Cal)
Protein 7.1g 14% 4.7g
Fat, Total LESS THAN 0.2g 0% LESS THAN 0.15g
- Saturated LESS THAN 0.1g 0% LESS THAN 0.1g
Carbohydrate 6.6g 2% 4.4g
- Sugars 5.9g 7% 3.9g
- Fructose 0.5g 0.3g
- Sucrose 0.0g 0.0g
- Lactose 5.4g 3.6g
Dietary Fibre 0.0g 0% 0.0g
Sodium 56mg 2% 37mg
Calcium 161mg(20% RDI**) 107mg

Stats

I'll update now ...I'm 5,6". My "true weight" according to dukan website is 8st 12pd which seems a bit too low for me so my goal is to reach 9st2pd and see how I feel from there!!

Oh - attack 3 days only! According to the website I should be finished Cruise by 13 Jan 2012 however with Christmas in between I'm aiming for end of Jan instead :)

Last edited:
At first glance I thought your yoghurt might be high in sugar - but on checking it sounds on par with Total 0% - which I know is Ok - as this per 100g is 4g sugar - think your 6g was for a 150g serving?

Am sure others more experienced will offer a more definitive answer for you.

Well done on getting your oatbran in :) - though am curious how it tastes in eggs:)

Thanks a mill Teddy :) Yup 6g per 150g serving!

Oatbran in eggs - you wouldn't even notice it in there, tastes non existent!! Today I just ate it straight...tastes nice enough :eat: I'm gonna look into some nice recipes to become more creative!

DAY 3 (19 Oct):Actual

Diet

B: FF Vanilla Yoghurt (800g...Again I know this is crazy)
L: Chicken slices (200g) + 200g FF Vanilla Yoghurt
D: Chicken breast with seasoning
S: Oatbran! plus Skinny Latte x 2 :ignore:...gonna try to limit this in future

PLUS :break_diet: In the interest of honesty I'll admit - I also had a mini protein bar....I know it was a stupid idea....i'll pay for it in no loss tomorrow:sigh:...but tomorrow is a fresh day! :)

H20 x 1.5l so far...gonna down another 750ml before bed!

Exercise

Bikram Yoga class...lurve Bikram!

Hello there... yes your dairy is high which is ok in attack, but not in Cruise where it's limited to 1K (of which no more than 250ml can be skimmed milk). And most of us find that much can stall our losses, particularly those of us with little to lose.

Here's the nutritional info of the Total 0% natural yogurt he recommends over here. As you see, it's far lower in sugar, carbs than your one, and higher in protein too. Perhaps you can find another? (The info you posted above IS for 100g so it's an easy compare.)

Nutritional information per 100g:
Energy 57 kcal (243 kJ)
Protein 10.3g
Carbohydrates* 4.0g
Of which sugars 4.0g
Fat 0g
Of which saturates 0g
Calcium 104mg (13% of RDA**)
Sodium 0.038g
Cholesterol 0mg
Fibre 0g

Good luck in getting your menus planned for next week, and I'd advise some home cooking ;) (and lose the protein bars!). Could you include your height in your User CP please?

How's your weather? We can count on you to make us jealous throughout the winter here with weather reports ;)

Also can you post the ingredients for your yoghurt please - if it has no sugar in it I want some!

Back