Curb the Carb Book

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Hi Folks

I just bought the above book from a charity shop....anyone else read it. I think it relates to the 50(protein)/30(fat)/20(carbs) thingy!!
I got thinking when I saw some of your posts the other day..think it was Mary or Jan explaining about it!

My biggest fear is the carbs. I have always felt bloated when I ate bread, pasta, etc and kept meaning to get a test done...but I just know this is my weak spot. BUT, I worry about the fat thing, as all my life I have TRIED to do the low fat thing!

Is this diet ok (I am thinking about this long term after re-feeding and getting to goal)! Just want to read up on it more.

I never went into the Atkins thing as I was worried, again about the sat fat thing!

All comments, experience, etc...greatly appreciated......

I'm 'afraid' of carbs a little too? But my plan is to have a maximum of one serving a day (e.g. cereal for breakfast, or a sandwich/pitta for lunch, or potatoes/pasta/rice with dinner) I eat a lot of veg, and when I log them my daily carb intake is way over 20g- thats without any other carbs like bread, pasta or rice, so I know long-term that a very low-carb diet just wouldn't work for me! Also I could never do atkins as it's farrrrr too high 'bad'-fat for my 'diet' brain iykwim? LOL! I try to get my 'good' fats in by having salmon or a portion of nuts (lovely in salads!) or flaxseed in my cereal- little things like that?
HTH?

Yes, I never touched Atkins either but in my last company lots of people were doing it.

I am trying to gain as much knowledge as possible Irish ;-)!! But that much around it is bamboozling to say the least.

Yes, I love Salmon and all the nuts, etc...better for you, but I dont like eating a lot of red meat, prefer fish now! So, it will be a bit of trial and error again.

I was brought up thinking carbs were good for you, it was the sauces that made them bad!! GRRRRRR.........

You seem to be doing really well by the way!

Only time will tell eh?

Girls, is 73.4g carbs bad for you? That is what my cereal is guna amount to for breakfast .....? now that is waaaaaaaaaaay over the 20 yous are on about? im worried now :(

But it's 'good' carbs Tan - and that's what'll keep you fuller for longer xxx

Don't know about that book Scots - it was KD who knew about the %thing - maybe she could help??? xxx

I would send a pm to KD, she is very knowledgeable in this department, I cant really help to be honest.

I just try to have half my plate filled with veg/salad then a quarter of it in protein and a quarter carbs.

I would send a pm to KD, she is very knowledgeable in this department, I cant really help to be honest.

I just try to have half my plate filled with veg/salad then a quarter of it in protein and a quarter carbs.

Thanks Mary.
I have read the book from cover to cover now and it is all about ketosis, etc......has been very enlightening and works on similar basis to LT, apart from the fact you eat!!!! :)

Just trying to gain as much knowledge as possible!

Thanks again.

I know that carbs are my mortal enemy as yeaterday I ate Dorset very high fibre cereal with low-fat natural yoghurt and a few strawberries, and instead of my usual salad, (I ran out of time!!) I had an onion bagel with a tiny amount of cream cheese & smoked salmon. (I had made it for my OH's lunch but he didn't fancy it...!) grrrrrr!!!!!! I cooked jerk chicken, carrots broccolli and gratinated potatoes....(don't ask, they are through the roof, calorie-wise) and ended the meal with a New-York style cheesecake,(Come Dine with me recipe) I made last night......and I had a bit of that too!!!!! So, the next 3 days will be boiled eggs for brekkie and salads for lunch to counter-balance Tuesday's indulgence!!!

LOL! Thats some amount of food! I'm drooling here....

I know that carbs are my mortal enemy as yeaterday I ate Dorset very high fibre cereal with low-fat natural yoghurt and a few strawberries, and instead of my usual salad, (I ran out of time!!) I had an onion bagel with a tiny amount of cream cheese & smoked salmon. (I had made it for my OH's lunch but he didn't fancy it...!) grrrrrr!!!!!! I cooked jerk chicken, carrots broccolli and gratinated potatoes....(don't ask, they are through the roof, calorie-wise) and ended the meal with a New-York style cheesecake,(Come Dine with me recipe) I made last night......and I had a bit of that too!!!!! So, the next 3 days will be boiled eggs for brekkie and salads for lunch to counter-balance Tuesday's indulgence!!!
#

Oh dear Sharon!!!!! you must have been full to the brim :) Are you enjoying your egg and salad now :)!! At least you know that you need to reign in for a few days, and I suppose that is what it is all about...

Back