Current teams and restarting challenges

IreneH

Gold Member
I have looked to see which teams have posted since the beginning of this year. I have posted on each thread asking who is the team leader and once I get replies will send messages to see how best to restart the challenges.

Meanwhile could you and your team members have a chat about how we can do this.

If you want to put any suggestions in this thread please do so.

Thank you.

Irene xx

I will have a word with my team. Irene sorry i am new to all this, what kind of things would you like me to ask them? lol sorry if thats a silly question xxx

Hi Irene,

I found the post i made a while ago with idea's for the teams.

I did post this on another topic but thought it should also go here too, i hope you don't mind.

Not sure if this would work but i'd like to suggest it anyway.

Would it be usefull to change the frequancy of the team challenge, say every two weeks or on the last day of every month?

I think the positives of this are:
1) some people don't get weighed every week so would make it easier for them.
2) submitting the results on the last day of every month say, would mean that the teams would need less of an input from the person who is responsible for the team results (who i think is Irene)
3) Would make it a bit more of a challenge being over a longer period of time and maybe abit more exciting.
4) maybe the months winner could get a special sparkly reward to add to signature too?

All just my ideas, they may not work but just thought i would share and would take no offence if none were used

I also think that maybe rethink the team limits, we could merge teams maybe to make them bigger, which in turn would mean having such few people with WI results would mean a team cant input. I dont know if i explained that properly but what i mean is my team has very few members, its been just 2 of us for the most part of last year, we have just gained one more but if there are bigger teams then at least we would still stand a chance in the WI results.

Is there many teams with only a few members? If there is then these could club together. Someone else also mentioned the amount of teams we have, maybe we could get people to write there name in a list topic of those who want to be apart of a team and then we could divide into equal teams.

If there is fewer teams maybe each team could have its own sub forum within the team section where they can do there own advertising of places.

My idea's are all kind of radical and will totally reshape how the teams are right now but maybe that's what we need to re fire the teams. And again i would take no offence if none of my ideas would work in a practical sense.

I like the idea of a monthly challenge which ends on the last day of the month.

Think it still best to work on % lost rather than pounds. What does everyone think?

Number of people in a team. It is 6 at the moment. But what do you think? Stick at 6 or more and if more how many?

Some teams joined together before Christmas and Team numbers were altered accordingly.

I will not have internet access until 27 Feb so please continue to post ideas and we could start on 1 March.

Irene xx

Hiya..

I like the idea of the challenge being either fortnightly or monthly - besides anything else, teams could do something weekly within their team if everyone in it wants to anyway,.. for me, I'm often out and about on a Sunday, or away for weekends, so I've always found the weekly collation tricky.. I'd probably find a week day evening easier.. personally..

We almost always have a full house of six, and sometimes have to redirect people to the member's advert board.. I like the idea of larger groups though, because even if we have a full house, people have busy lives and can't always pass by.. and so it can be a bit quiet at times, and when someone's at a tricky point in their CD lives, more of a lively chatty support can prove very useful..

So, my personal vote goes to:

- Monthly
- One specific day of the week (eg the last thursday of the month)
- Same challenge as before
- Maximum of 8 members in a team
- Having a prize phrase/image that the winning member can have on their signiture for the rest of the month

..but I'm open and easily persuaded on other options too :)

Vx
(sliminators)

Hi irene

Hope you are well!

Any chance we could have a shake up an start some new challenges??

Xxxx

I have looked to see which teams have posted in the last couple of months. I have posted on each thread asking who is the team leader and once I get replies will send messages to see how best to restart the challenges.

Meanwhile could you and your team members have a chat about how we can do this.

If you want to put any suggestions in this thread please do so.

Thank you.

Irene xx

I think 6 on a team is a good number. But perhaps revise the rule about having to have 6 results each week? Maybe we could say minimum of 4 out of 6 results each week to enter? That allows for illness, holidays, blips etc.

If it's on percentages rather than lbs, the number of people on the team won't have any bearing on the result e.g. 6 people losing 3% of their combined weight would be the same result as 4 people losing 3% of their combined weight. It's still 3% if you see what I mean?

I like that it's weekly as most people weigh weekly. Personally a weekly challenge is more likely to keep me on the straight and narrow!!!

What does everyone else think? x

Back