CURRY HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by SLACK ALICE, 13 October 2010 Social URL.

1. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    Hi all , I was at group today and we had taster session - one of the girls did the chicken jalferzi (cant spell !!) it was out of the curry book and I said Oh i wont write it down I have that book .......
    Do I ???...
    Err NO !!
    LOL does anyone have it and can post the recipe for me - or does anyone know if its on the site cos i cant get on it at min cos my pin dont work and the consultant will text me it later but im gonna be at work till 10 and i wanted to get the ingredients from work
    ta in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. geebaby

geebaby Banned

You can't have one without the other - I feel a song coming on...

Hope you got hold of this some other way...

Onion Bhaji's

200g/7oz(1 largish size) onion
    50g/2oz gram flour (tesco is best place to buy)
    1 tsp lemon juice
    2 tsp ground cumin
    1 tbsp coriander seeds
    1 tsp deseeded and chopped fresh green chilli (i used 1 small one)
    1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves (although my chef at work assures me ground is just as good in bhaji's)
    1/4 tsp baking powder, salt to season.

Put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, season with salt add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter coating, mix and leave to rest for 15mins, then mix using fingers to combine thoroughly. Line a baking tray with parchment,spray with fry light, mixture makes 12 bhaji's. Cook for 20 mins on 220/gas 7.

Chicken Jalfrezi

4 chicken breasts
    1tsp cumin seeds
    1 onion, peeled, finely sliced
    1 red and 1 yellow pepper finely sliced
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 tsp finely grated ginger
    1 tbsp med curry powder
    1/2 tsp mild or med chilli powder
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp ground coriander
    can chopped tomatoes (400g)
    large handful chopped coriander leaves
    salt and black pepper to season

On a medium heat stir fry cumin seeds 1-2mins, add onion, garlic,
    peppers and ginger fry for 6-8mins. add curry powder, chilli powder, cumin and coriander, season well fry for 1-2mins. add chicken increase heat to high 4-5mins, stir in tomatoes and fresh coriander, add 100ml water ( i would only add about 50ml), cover and reduce heat to low, cook for about 15mins or until chicken is tender.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.