1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by SLACK ALICE, 13 October 2010 Social URL.

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi all , I was at group today and we had taster session - one of the girls did the chicken jalferzi (cant spell !!) it was out of the curry book and I said Oh i wont write it down I have that book .......
    Do I ???...
    Err NO !!
    LOL does anyone have it and can post the recipe for me - or does anyone know if its on the site cos i cant get on it at min cos my pin dont work and the consultant will text me it later but im gonna be at work till 10 and i wanted to get the ingredients from work
    ta in advance
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. geebaby

geebaby Banned

You can't have one without the other - I feel a song coming on...

Hope you got hold of this some other way...

Onion Bhaji's

200g/7oz(1 largish size) onion
    50g/2oz gram flour (tesco is best place to buy)
    1 tsp lemon juice
    2 tsp ground cumin
    1 tbsp coriander seeds
    1 tsp deseeded and chopped fresh green chilli (i used 1 small one)
    1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves (although my chef at work assures me ground is just as good in bhaji's)
    1/4 tsp baking powder, salt to season.

Put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, season with salt add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter coating, mix and leave to rest for 15mins, then mix using fingers to combine thoroughly. Line a baking tray with parchment,spray with fry light, mixture makes 12 bhaji's. Cook for 20 mins on 220/gas 7.

Chicken Jalfrezi

4 chicken breasts
    1tsp cumin seeds
    1 onion, peeled, finely sliced
    1 red and 1 yellow pepper finely sliced
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 tsp finely grated ginger
    1 tbsp med curry powder
    1/2 tsp mild or med chilli powder
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp ground coriander
    can chopped tomatoes (400g)
    large handful chopped coriander leaves
    salt and black pepper to season

On a medium heat stir fry cumin seeds 1-2mins, add onion, garlic,
    peppers and ginger fry for 6-8mins. add curry powder, chilli powder, cumin and coriander, season well fry for 1-2mins. add chicken increase heat to high 4-5mins, stir in tomatoes and fresh coriander, add 100ml water ( i would only add about 50ml), cover and reduce heat to low, cook for about 15mins or until chicken is tender.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.