Curry Recipe

Laura_Cook

Does anybody have a tasty curry sauce recipe, I don't mind using 4-6 Syns per serving for a nicer sauce. I have made one that's syn free but it bland and watery.
Thanks

I just made a batch of Jamie olivers base curry sauce recipe and used a third of it to make a veg curry. It was soooo good and syn free cos I didn't put oil in it. Actually that's a lie, I put 1 tablespoon in instead of 4 but when u consider that I ate a 6th of it, its not worth bothering about! Lol

muddypaws04 said:
I just made a batch of Jamie olivers base curry sauce recipe and used a third of it to make a veg curry. It was soooo good and syn free cos I didn't put oil in it. Actually that's a lie, I put 1 tablespoon in instead of 4 but when u consider that I ate a 6th of it, its not worth bothering about! Lol

Is it thick and creamy? I made his meringues the other day and they weren't so nice

Yes its really thick! Loved it.

This is the recipe:

curry base sauce | Jamie Oliver | Food | Recipes (UK)

The only things I did different were I didn't add the coconut milk (didn't want the syns) and I only used 1 tablespoon of olive oil to fry the spices. It makes a huge batch of sauce which you then add your cooked veg/meat to. I used a third of the sauce to make a veg curry then froze the other two thirds in bags seperately. We also had enough veg curry left to do two light lunches for me :) One going in the freezer ready meal style and one in the fridge for tomorrows lunch at work.

It would be even nicer with the coconut milk definitely but I don't think it misses it at all. :)

muddypaws04 said:
Yes its really thick! Loved it.

This is the recipe:

curry base sauce | Jamie Oliver | Food | Recipes (UK)

The only things I did different were I didn't add the coconut milk (didn't want the syns) and I only used 1 tablespoon of olive oil to fry the spices. It makes a huge batch of sauce which you then add your cooked veg/meat to. I used a third of the sauce to make a veg curry then froze the other two thirds in bags seperately. We also had enough veg curry left to do two light lunches for me :) One going in the freezer ready meal style and one in the fridge for tomorrows lunch at work.

It would be even nicer with the coconut milk definitely but I don't think it misses it at all. :)

Thank you I appreciate your help! I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on =]

There are several curry recipes of mine, just follow the link below.
Pete

Back