custard

donna88

Gold Member
I've never made custard before,

Am I right in thinking if I boil milk (using my HEA or syns) vanilla, sweetener and egg yolks it would make custard?

Just served my son some chocolate concrete and custard and I really fancy something with custard myself sometime soon, either just banana's or might get some of those ww desserts

How many syns is it? Xx

This is Syn free

[h=3]Ingredients for Syns per Serving | Original, Green and Extra Easy – Syn Free** Servings |2 **add 3½ Syns per serving if not using the milk as part of a Healthy Extra option[/h]Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- ½pt skimmed milk
- 1tbsp Canderel
- Grated nutmeg

1. Gently warm the milk.

2. Beat the eggs and Canderel together with the nutmeg, then pour the warmed milk onto the eggs and stir.

3. Microwave on full power for 6 minutes until set.

This is Syn free

Ingredients for Syns per Serving | Original, Green and Extra Easy – Syn Free** Servings |2 **add 3½ Syns per serving if not using the milk as part of a Healthy Extra option

Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- ½pt skimmed milk
- 1tbsp Canderel
- Grated nutmeg

1. Gently warm the milk.

2. Beat the eggs and Canderel together with the nutmeg, then pour the warmed milk onto the eggs and stir.

3. Microwave on full power for 6 minutes until set.

Brilliant, thank you, I'll give that a go soon :)

Brilliant thank you :)

I think I have some cornflour in as well, haven't used it since starting sw as I refuse to syn it, but wouldn't mind synning it for some low syn custard

Hi donna88

Did you give this recipe a go or the other one? Just wondering how it turned out - I made some scan bran cakes today, so this may perk them up!

I make custard using my hex of milk, sweetener (better with a bit of sugar if you've got syns) vanilla and egg yolks. It's not as rich as there's no cream but its very pourable and is YUM over bananas!! You just need to syn a bit of cornstarch to stabilise and thicken it.

I have found if you are going to add 1 tbs corn flour at 2 Syns I find it easier to make the custard with Birds custard powder as that is only 2.5 SYNS for 1 tbs use sweetner and a few drops vanilla extract and it always turns out ok
Cheat I know but Hey if you want custard you want it just have the amount you want to suit the Syns you can afford?

Back