Original cutting back on the carbs on sw?

stivesliz

Gold Member
I have hit a bit of a plateau as has my daughter.

She is at uni and attends a different class to me but decided a couple of weeks ago she was going to cut out her carbs and has therefore been following the original plan but is using her HEB's on porridge and olive oil, and having no potatoes, pasta or rice but heaps of veg and stirfry.

She was chuffed when after a week of doing it she lost 3.5 pounds - the most she has EVER lost in a week so I have also decided to give it a go.

I have therefore trawled through the list of HEB's as I always seem to use them on bread, cereal or potatoes if I do original days but there are hundreds of other things that I am going to try.

I know that SW works - I have lost 4 stone, I just think I need to try something new. Have any othere members found that going without the pots, pasta etc that their weight loss has had a boost?

Hi-I joined a fitness bootcamp and his nutrition plan doesn't allow carbs for 28 days so I do red days-had an 8.5lb loss (49 weeks in!) xx

When I do Red I usually loose between 2-3lbs a week, doing Green I loose about 1lb :sigh: but I much prefer Green days so i'll just have to be happy with 1lbs a week :)

Blimey! Well done! x

I get up most mornings and say 'right i'm gonna do Red today' then when I look at what I can have to eat Green is more appealing, much more filling and I feel like I have a wider choice of foods so it wins all the time, I really should give Red a go for the next few months to shift this last 2 stone! I'll maybe give it a go this week and see how I go!

I get up most mornings and say 'right i'm gonna do Red today' then when I look at what I can have to eat Green is more appealing, much more filling and I feel like I have a wider choice of foods so it wins all the time, I really should give Red a go for the next few months to shift this last 2 stone! I'll maybe give it a go this week and see how I go!

I mainly do green days for the same reason!

I've got a few pounds to go til my target, so I was going to try the 777 thing. Maybe I might try a week of red days after I've done the 777 and see how they compare.

It was good. Having all the drinks filled me up actually. I normally have alot of hot drinks, so the water on top was loads!

I've just started a food diary, you could have a look on the link.

I didnt manage the syns tho, I didnt need any extra food today haha xx

It was good. Having all the drinks filled me up actually. I normally have alot of hot drinks, so the water on top was loads!

I've just started a food diary, you could have a look on the link.

I didnt manage the syns tho, I didnt need any extra food today haha xx

I'm beautifying myself at the minute and just about to go and take my face mask off, i'll have a wee look at your diary later ;) x

I have better losses if I have a majority of red days as on green days I get bloated due to the increase in carbs. I have 1-2 green days a week and enjoy them its just a shame my body doesn't generally agree :(

I think I would be pushing it to do original every day but am planning on either green or ee 2 days a week and the rest original. I am going to try like the lady in the reply above and use my heb's on olive oil and stewed fruit. have just had my second day of no potr. pasta , rice etc and am still alive! My dinner was low fat sausahes with mashed celeriac and green beans and I thought I would be hungry without any tatties but I was stuffed! x

stivesliz said:
I think I would be pushing it to do original every day but am planning on either green or ee 2 days a week and the rest original. I am going to try like the lady in the reply above and use my heb's on olive oil and stewed fruit. have just had my second day of no potr. pasta , rice etc and am still alive! My dinner was low fat sausahes with mashed celeriac and green beans and I thought I would be hungry without any tatties but I was stuffed! x

What is celeriac like?

I too am going to try and cut back on the carbs......my weight doesn't want to budge - i have a good loss one week, then tend to go up and stay the same, so my weight is still the same as it was in January! hoping red days will be the answer! :)

Hi, this is only my opinion, i tend to have 1 red day a week i think the main reason for the boost is that you retain water on green because of the carbs so when you do red you lose the water, Ive had great losses on green and if i need a boost i do cut back on the typical carbs of potatoes rice and pasta and boost the loss with superspeed beans and peas and mountains of vege x

Back