Original cutting back on the carbs on sw?

I've just started red. Day two. I have alot more energy. And when I snack, im snacking on fruit or veg rather than beans or a mug shot. Will stick.to ee on weekends though. A big bowl of noodles will be a treat then that im very much looking forward too :)

Hi just poking my nose in to add my twopennorth;)
I was only commenting the other day that my weight has gone down more quickly and I have actually lost the weight in different places than I have in previous diet attempts.
The weight has gone on my belly and midriff. The only thing I can put this down to is the lack of carbs. I usually use my HexB for porridge, WM bread or muesli which is my breakfast meal. Rice is perhaps once a week choice with dinner, pasta we can take or leave, so my main intake of carbs is from either egg noodles or potatoes. Even those though are quite limited because we have such large amounts of veg that there isnt room for anything else.
I have queried in the past, before SW, if I might be wheat intolerant, because I noticed that after a day of a sandwich or roll for lunch, I would feel bloated and heavy, maybe I am better without the bread, and the biscuits and the cake too:eek:

I was only commenting the other day that my weight has gone down more quickly and I have actually lost the weight in different places than I have in previous diet attempts.
The weight has gone on my belly and midriff. The only thing I can put this down to is the lack of carbs. I usually use my HexB for porridge, WM bread or muesli which is my breakfast meal. Rice is perhaps once a week choice with dinner, pasta we can take or leave, so my main intake of carbs is from either egg noodles or potatoes. Even those though are quite limited because we have such large amounts of veg that there isnt room for anything else.
I have queried in the past, before SW, if I might be wheat intolerant, because I noticed that after a day of a sandwich or roll for lunch, I would feel bloated and heavy, maybe I am better without the bread, and the biscuits and the cake too:eek:

I love the bit you added about the biscuits and cake lol x
I went back to EE last week but am trying another week of mainly original. I love potatoes and could eat 'chips' at every meal but last night had a roast with 230g of jacket potato chopped into chunks and frylited. tweaking a bit I know but the meal was delish! xxxxxxxx
I also love bread but it does not love me - I limit myself to maybe one portion a week but it always bloats me x

after doing sw since last september and only losing 9lb then it went back on so only three last month i had to leave due to family problems, i rejoined last week gained 1lb in 5 weeks so was happy. I decided as i was struggling to lose on ee id give it a change and did red this week for 5/7 days and lost the most iv ever lost 5lb this week. not sure if its a coincidence as i just restarted and you get a better loss first week but normally my first week would be 2.5 max with 0.5 or 1 a week so 5 was amazing, trying again this week so will let you know next week

after doing sw since last september and only losing 9lb then it went back on so only three last month i had to leave due to family problems, i rejoined last week gained 1lb in 5 weeks so was happy. I decided as i was struggling to lose on ee id give it a change and did red this week for 5/7 days and lost the most iv ever lost 5lb this week. not sure if its a coincidence as i just restarted and you get a better loss first week but normally my first week would be 2.5 max with 0.5 or 1 a week so 5 was amazing, trying again this week so will let you know next week

Wow! Well done!
My daughter has just lost another 2.5 pounds this week and is a student at uni where its takeaway paradise. She follows original all the time now but did have one EE day this week.
She is back home for easter a week on Monday ( hurray ) so it looks like SHE will be teaching ME a thing or two lol x

I do EE but reduce my carbs a lot. Have my HEb for brekkie than have no carbs at lunch and maybe a small amount of carbs at night. I lose so much better when I reduce carbs

sherlann said:

Try changing to wholemeal noodles this stopped the bloating for me, I changed all ny carbs to high fibre alternatives and it worked a treat.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I did a week of mostly red last week, with a few EE days thrown in and lost 5lbs. I nearly fell off the scales in shock! I have come ot the conclusion that actually I can't eat as much pasta or potatoes as I need, so I am trying to avoid them whereever possible now. I use my HEB for cereal or ryvita most days, only 1 day a week on bread, and I really only eat rice now on a extra easy day.

Am struggling for things to add to my meals on a red day though. I don't like celeriac or cauliflower, and there are only so many times aweek you can eat butterut squash!

I did a week of mostly red last week, with a few EE days thrown in and lost 5lbs. I nearly fell off the scales in shock! I have come ot the conclusion that actually I can't eat as much pasta or potatoes as I need, so I am trying to avoid them whereever possible now. I use my HEB for cereal or ryvita most days, only 1 day a week on bread, and I really only eat rice now on a extra easy day.

Am struggling for things to add to my meals on a red day though. I don't like celeriac or cauliflower, and there are only so many times aweek you can eat butterut squash!

Thats why I struggle with Red days, you don't have as much variety as you do on Green! :sigh:

Well done on the 5lbs loss!!! :)

Thanks Silvermaneuk, I'll try that, my oh dislikes wholemeal pasta and noodles so it'll mean doing separate for me,but its well worth a try.

Silver Lady said:
How come you didn't snack on fruit and vege on green? :)

I've never done green. Extra easy. I did snack on fruit yes. But along with it I would snack on carby things that I didn't really need. Just because I could :) probably eating alot more than my body actually needed. Feeling much better without all the stodge.

This is my second time back at SW. Last year I did Green days and a few EE each week. But my problem was portion control. I could easily eat 200g of pasta, or 4 potatoes for dinner. I ate until I was stuffed with very little S.Free. But now I am following Red, my meals are normal. And if I do pile my plate with brocolli or cauli, its 10% of the calorie intake of my old way. Green is great dont get me wrong, but not so great when you have portion control issues. I did lose on Green, but very slowly and after a while this became frustating as I thought I was following the plan to the letter.
I never felt hungry on green though, and on Red I am feeling hungry in between meals, but I suppose the cheer volume of what I was eating was keeping me going!
Day 4 on red and really hope I have a good loss on Monday :)

This is my second time back at SW. Last year I did Green days and a few EE each week. But my problem was portion control. I could easily eat 200g of pasta, or 4 potatoes for dinner. I ate until I was stuffed with very little S.Free. But now I am following Red, my meals are normal. And if I do pile my plate with brocolli or cauli, its 10% of the calorie intake of my old way. Green is great dont get me wrong, but not so great when you have portion control issues. I did lose on Green, but very slowly and after a while this became frustating as I thought I was following the plan to the letter.
I never felt hungry on green though, and on Red I am feeling hungry in between meals, but I suppose the cheer volume of what I was eating was keeping me going!
Day 4 on red and really hope I have a good loss on Monday :)

I'm the same with potatoes I'm afraid........a plate of fry lite chips???? - I would often chop up 4 or 5 jacket potatoes!:eek:

stivesliz said:
I'm the same with potatoes I'm afraid........a plate of fry lite chips???? - I would often chop up 4 or 5 jacket potatoes!:eek:

Exactly the same aswell. And id have beans with the chips. Sooo lovely. But didnt help my portion control and was bloated alot. We are all different. I wish I could lose weight on green! Would be great.

Have you tried celariac chips, they are lovely, I prefer them to potato chips

Back