Cybachiq's Slimming World Diary

Cybachiq

Yes, I know, what an original title, but I couldn't think of anything else to call it.

I thought it a good idea to contain all my thoughts and feeling relating to my weight loss in one place, rather than dotting them all around in various places around the forum and never being able to find them again!!

Well, so far I have lost 3.5lbs. I was pleased with this for my first week, especially since it was my * week. Well, actually, my * week usually encompasses two weeks as I spend one week in the build-up to it feeling really bloated and crappy and then the next week is when I actually have it, so I'm not sure precisely which week I should classify. The week preceeding is the week where I retain weight, but the following week is the actual "event". Tricky.

Anyway, this week is * week #2, so hopefully I will have lost all the water weight when I weigh in the morning... :fingerscrossed:

I've just got back from training (I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon-Do with the TAGB) and I am absolutely flippin' starving, but I am reluctant to eat anything as I'm weighing at 10am tomorrow morning and I want to see a nice loss. I've been really good this week and haven't deviated from the plan at all, even when faced with cakes and biscuits and chips(!) at work (I work in a residential home for the elderly and there's always loads of yummy food around, and it is so hard to resist it. :mad:), and I even went to the gym yesterday, so I really feel that I deserve a nice loss tomorrow, but it doesn't always go like that, does it?

In approximately eight weeks I am going to Cornwall for my annual TKD Summer Camp for a week. It's always loads of fun, but it is hard-going. There's a lot of fitness and training involved, and at the moment, my fitness is terrible. Every morning on Camp, we run roughly 1.5 miles to the local beach, train on it for an hour or so and then run back. I've been to Camp for the past four years and every year I've been among the least fit there. Every year I resolve to actually get fit before the next year, but I never do it, and regret it massively.
Consequently, this year I have resolved to do it, hence the dieting and attending the gym. I just hope I can do it...

Hi there, well done on your loss so far. I started sw last week for the first time ever and have my weigh in tomorrow eve. I also have a keen interest in martial arts,and am hoping to get back into training soon - hopefully this will help with the weightloss.

You seem to be very focused and i hope you get a good result tomorrow. keep at the training - you would be suprised at how much your fitness can improve in 8 weeks!

I also have a keen interest in martial arts,and am hoping to get back into training soon - hopefully this will help with the weightloss.
Cool! :D What was it you do/did?

you would be suprised at how much your fitness can improve in 8 weeks!
I really hope you're right, as I don't want to be at the back of the group again, in tears, on the runs to and from the beach as I have been on past occasions!!

Well, I'm off to weigh in about ten minutes... eek!
I hope it will be a good result. I've got my fingers crossed that I can have lost another 3.5lbs this week and get my 1/2 stone award, but I think that might be being a little ambitious!

Skipped breakfast as I didn't want it to weigh me down, but I shall take a banana to eat when I've weighed, promise! ;)

Good luck for your WI, but just remember it's gonna be a slightly false measure if you didn't eat last night or this morning. You should really try to eat normally at least until WI day to keep it accurate. My WI is this evening and I have still had my breakfast and will soon have lunch before I go. xx

Woohoo!! I did it! I lost another 3 1/2lbs and got my half-stone award and I was Slimmer of the Week! Yay!
:talk017::party0011::wee:
Thought to myself last night that I might allow myself a "cheat meal" or even a whole "cheat day" but I realise that it would only be shooting myself in the foot, and so I shan't. Instead I have come home and had my 2 Weetabix, my normal breakfast. I usually have it with a banana sliced up on top but I had that at group and saw no need to have another one just for the sake of it.

Now, what to have for lunch?

In the end I had some leftover Free pasta salad that I had taken to work yesterday for lunch but hadn't eaten. Work this evening was a struggle; I toyed with the idea in my head so many times about treating myself to a piece of cake or a biscuit this evening (work has so many yummy cakes on display all the time!), but I didn't give in, yay for me! When I got home I cooked myself a massive fritatta (I used 5 eggs!) with bacon, tomatoes, spring onions, fresh basil and mushrooms for my tea with a lovely big salad followed by a Mullerlight and now I'm stuffed!! :)

Well, it's that time of the week again: the run up to the dreaded weigh-in! I have been angelically good this week, and so I should see a loss; however, after the last two weeks where I have lost 3.5lbs each week, I am expecting it to slow down, as it always does.
I feel as though my appetite to a certain degree is not as severe as it used to be. I am hoping that this is due to my stomach shrinking. It needs to! ;)

Hurrah!! Lost another lb! :D
Okay, so it's only one pound, but those pounds all add up, and at least it's still a loss. I admit I was a little disappointed when I saw it was only one, and the numbers did hover around the half-pound mark, but I was pleased when I saw it stuck on the whole pound.
I also received the Slimmer of the Week award again, for the second week in a row, which I was very shocked about, as I had only lost one pound! I shared it with another lady, but still... SOW for a pound loss?! I guess my group had a bad week. ;)

I shall persevere and stick to what I have been doing, as it's obviously working, and hopefully, next week's loss will be a bit bigger. I aim to go the the gym a couple of times this week, so that should help.

Well done thats great. We go to cornwall too (although i shant be doing any exersie other than walking and swiming!!)in a few weeks we go near cornwall. Where do you go!

Keep up the good work xx

Hi there,

i have been looking for your diary since last week to reply but couldn't find it:confused: im still getting used to this site.

Firstly, well done on your loss so far, i bet your delighted. My first weigh was last wed and i lost 4lbs :) Weigh in tomorrow eve again so hopefully another good week!

I trained in Mixed Martial Arts up until last year when i gave it up, i was doing a night course as well as working full time and was just too busy to keep it up.. hoping to get back into it in September when i move down under :)

Keep up the good work, i also have a diary on here if you want to take a look, it's titled first day on slimming world :)

Last edited:
Hurrah!! I lost another 3lbs this week and was Slimmer of the Week for the third week in a row. Yippee! :D

Boo hiss.
Weigh-in tonight revealed I had gained half a pound, despite following the plan to the letter this week. *sulk*
Not impressed, but I suppose I must look on the bright side: it's only half a pound, and I think it might be coming up to star week again (great!).
Never mind. Plod on with it, I suppose. Only 5 weeks till Summer Camp.

I think a lot of it might be that I've not done as much exercise as I should/could have done. I had to do a waking night shift on Saturday just gone, which messed up my body clock as I normally do day shifts. I had the day off on both Sunday and Monday, but I was just too damn tired to go to the gym, which has got me down a bit, but I can do nothing about it now. I went to TKD tonight, though, so that's got to count for something, right?

Don't let it get you down, as you say it's on half a pound. Just keep to plan and exercise and u'll be fine for next week.

Yeah, thanks, I'm trying not to let it get to me, but after all my losses, it was a bit of a kick in the teeth, especially since I didn't do anything to deserve it. Never mind, it can only be water weight as I've not eaten anything to warrant gaining actual fat.

I know how you feel, i only had 1lb off last week and was a bit disapointed as i was expecting more, but you have to gt on with it and have faith in the plan. Hope you get a good result next time round :)

Whoops! I had a little bit of a slip-up at work today.
It started with the stuffing, 5-6 roast potatoes (piggy!... Okay, I was hungry!) and roast parsnips cooked in oil with my lunch, which I didn't think was too bad, and I accepted it. Then, a little later some fried bubble and squeak, 2 slices of cake, half a slice of buttered (margarine, possibly?) tea bread and a small bowl of Angel Delight (possibly sugar-free, though) occured. Meh...

It was a bit of a crappy afternoon at work; we were short-staffed anyway, which is nothing new, but then another of the care staff had to go to the dentist for an emergency appointment as she was in agony with a tooth, so that left us two bodies short.

Okay, I shouldn't have eaten those cakey bits, but I'm sure it's not all that bad. At least I didn't eat burger and chips and loads of chocolate, as I could quite easily have done.
Never mind, there's nothing I can do about it now. It's not a major catastrophe, like having an entire crap week, which is all-too easy to do, as we all know, once you get in the flow, and at least I'm not weighing until next Wednesday morning, so I am sure I can compensate in that time.
Who knows, it may even serve in my favour; it may speed up my metabolism a little as I know "cheat meals/days" can do.

This morning I feel like yesterday afternoon ruined everything, like I've put back on all the weight I've lost so far. :(
I know that's just silly, and I haven't, really. I guess it's just a morning grump. *humph*

Trying to get back on track yesterday and today after my little "slip" on Wednesday. Not too bad so far, but last night I did finish off my son's spaghetti which he didn't want (I'm not 100% sure what went in it as my Mum had made it for him the night before when she was babysitting when I was at work, but I think it was only vegetables and tinned tomatoes - I'd grated some cheese on top for him which had all melted in by the time I ate the remainder and there was some normal salad cream on the top - I usually use Heinz Extra Light when I use it for myself but he just uses the normal stuff which is higher in Syns - so I think the only bad things in there were a little bit of salad cream and some cheese - not really worth worrying about, I don't think).

I have been good apart from that - I took a massive pasta salad to work today instead of having a meal there - the options today were either fish and chips or Anglesey eggs (hard-boiled eggs in cheese sauce baked on top of mashed potatoes mixed with leeks), so there wasn't really an option I could have had without asking the cook to make me something separate, which wouldn't have been fair on her as she's got enough to do feeding the residents. I put Free Kraft dressing and some salad cream on my pasta, and put loads of salady bits in it (cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, celery and peppers) and chucked in a couple of tins of tuna (had only planned on one but when I mixed it all in with the pasta and other bits it didn't really look like there was any in there so I added another!). It was okay; it wasn't fish and chips, but it did the job: filled a gap. I was really tempted by the cakes and biscuits this afternoon, but I didn't give in, and I am proud of myself for that.

I'm planning to go to the gym sometime tomorrow to try and make up for the cakes and bits I ate on Wednesday, but it remains to be seen whether I've got the energy. I've been doing a lot of hours recently, and I am really tired, and I expect it'll all catch up with me tomorrow. :( Still, if I can go, I will - I need to balance out the cakes in my head. I know it'll probably not matter weight-wise and won't really hurt my weight-loss (if I have any - bloody star week!), but I need to justify it to myself; I need to feel I've erased it. We shall see...

Sooo...
Do I make it to the gym this morning? Hmm...
Had a good night's sleep last night and feel somewhat refreshed, but still tired. I think I may have slept a little funny as my back's a bit sore, which annoys me a little as last month or so I bought a memory foam mattress, which cost me half a month's wages(!), so it really shouldn't be sore in the morning. Grr!
Maybe I'll start to wake up a bit soon once the coffee starts to kick in and I'll get my wobbly butt to the gym... :ashamed0005:

Back