Cyst in armpit

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
apart from the obvious C word , what are the other causes of a painful cyst in your armpit?

I only noticed it last night and I cant touch it. I'm wondering if its the wire on a particular bra had been digging in and I didnt realise it or a change of deodarant?

Anybody else had something similar?

hobnobsmummy said:
apart from the obvious C word , what are the other causes of a painful cyst in your armpit?

I only noticed it last night and I cant touch it. I'm wondering if its the wire on a particular bra had been digging in and I didnt realise it or a change of deodarant?

Anybody else had something similar?

I find that sometimes I get a painful lump halfway through my monthly cycle..

There are also glands under ur arm pit that might b swollen if u have a cold x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Ladies, I think its an ingrown hair/ follicle thing, Only went to the gp on Monday so if it doesnt go away over the weekend I will go again next week for some antibiotics. Bloomin big lump for a hair tho!

I have the same although its more of a small ball that moves around and it incredibly sore! everyone telling me it nothing not to worry unless it gets bigger :/

Does yours come through the skin?

I have a cyst at bottom of my spine better know as an ingrowing hair and its the size of a computer mouse. (getting removed in a few weeks thank god) grows in to the base of the spine very painful.

Hope yours gets sorted soon xx

Vixster that sounds so painful!

I'd say go back to the docs as soon as just so u can get some antibiotics if u need them... It'll just end up being more painful for u.. Don't put itself through the pain x

So I have yet to go see the GP, Its not painful anymore, and it seems to have gotten smaller a little bit, but its hard nobbly lump and not very nice. Have given it a week or so to see if it goes, So I guess a trip to the GP is in store for next week. Lovely. Seem to always be there!

hobnobsmummy said:
So I have yet to go see the GP, Its not painful anymore, and it seems to have gotten smaller a little bit, but its hard nobbly lump and not very nice. Have given it a week or so to see if it goes, So I guess a trip to the GP is in store for next week. Lovely. Seem to always be there!

Make sure you see the doctor as soon as you can.. If it's an infection you will need anti biotics so you don't want to make that worse.. Can you not go into a walk in clinic?

Back