D.L.A Tribunal

We Won!!!

Just a quick post to let everyone know that we were successful at our DLA tribunal!!!!:D

It took ages but it went in our favour. I can now claim carers benefit. Only trouble is we have to wait about 4 weeks for the back dated money to come through.

Apologies to mods!! I know I probably should have posted under my original thread but I was SSOO excited that I wanted everyone to know!!:D

Hope I`m forgiven!!:D

Congratulations!

I knew it would go in your favour, so glad justice has been done. There is such a bad press on people claiming who shouldnt but throwing out claims like yours and having to go to tribunal is dreadful esp given the diagnosis your hubby has.

We had to go to appeal for our sons statement. The day before the tribunal they overturned their original decision. I'm sure they bank on people not questioning their decision and not taking on the establishment.

Good for you, well done and make sure it is backdated to the original claim date and the carers allowance.

Power to the people!

I`m in the public library at the moment getting some very strange looks from people. Can`t get rid of the stupid grin on my face!!

Many thanks to everyone for their kind words of support it has really meant a lot to me.

fantastic news, great to hear that some genuine cases get what they should - shame you had such a fight to get this far.

Annie - only just found this. I am SOOOOOO glad that the judgement went in your favour.

As Lucia said - don't forget to claim everything back to your original claim date.

Pension - do contact the people where your hubby's pension is. There is no hard and fast rule when you can take a pension. If it's company final salary scheme these are a bit less flexible than a money purchase one. And where ill-health retirement is concerned they ared often a lot more helpful.

My hubby took his company pension at age 53 and I took my personal one at 51. Yes, you don't get as much as if you wait but imho the money is better now to help through the tough times.

Once again, so pleased for you Annette. It must be a big weight off your mind

Still got a huge grin on my face!

Thank you for all kind words and messages of support.

It isn`t a life changing amount of money. About an extra £60 a week. But it does open doors for other help and benefits.

Many thanks to everyone.

Annette.

That's fantastic news! :D I'm sorry it had to get to the tribunal stage for you both, it's disgusting how genuine people can be treated but at least you getting sorted now :) X

Still got a huge grin on my face!

Thank you for all kind words and messages of support.

It isn`t a life changing amount of money. About an extra £60 a week. But it does open doors for other help and benefits.

Many thanks to everyone.

Annette.

Fantastic news! So happy for you xxxx

I am so pleased that you have won the tribunal, I can't believe how badly you have been treated. My husband had a stroke nearly 3 years ago when he was 53.at the time he couldn't speak very well and he could not walk. Unbelievably he was sent for a back to work interview after 6 months lol, he is still not capable of working after 3 years. Anyway that is by the by, we were really lucky and we got the dla and mobility, after 6 months he got employment and support allowance, he is now in the support group, this started after he had been off work for 6 months and he was still getting paid for work, if you are not getting this you really need to look into it beacuse I am pretty sure you will be entiltled to it, it used to be the old incapacity benefit. People get it even if they have not worked.I have found the directgov website very useful for information.
He also got his ill health pension from his employer, I am sure your husband would qualify for this as well.

Brilliant news. Should not have got to this stage but least its sorted for you now.
Make sure you tell any of the benefits your getting as some go up once you get dla (ie you get a bonus payment with housing benefit if you are entitled to dla)
x

Back