daft question

phill1978

wants to get slim
do you lose weight on your fingers? the reason i ask is my wedding ring doesnt fit , i hate not wearing it , so if anyone can answer that for me please, thanks xxx

Yep you lose weight from everywhere, my feet even get slimmer.

Hopefully it wont be long before you can wear your ring again

Yep you lose weight from everywhere, my feet even get slimmer.

Hopefully it wont be long before you can wear your ring again

great xxx thank you that good news , i dont want to buy a new one because of the sentiment it has ( the church , the vowels, ) it wouldnt be the same with a new one

Yeah, they shrink in time, but I think it is one of the last places to lose weight. You'll get there though.

I'm gutted. My hubby has a wood and silver ring - it was a bit of an eco wedding (we loved it, but probably not to everyone's tastes!) - and it's cracked, which we were promised wouldn't happen. He needs a new wedding ring :( We go to church regularly though and our minister has said he'll bless the new ring and stuff so hopefully it'll feel the same. Still gutted though.

This is the ring:

Wide wooden ring silver-R3OAK | contemporary jewellery

My rings are loser but I'm heavier than when we got married. My engagement ring spins around if I flip my hand - weird!

Yeah, they shrink in time, but I think it is one of the last places to lose weight. You'll get there though.

I'm gutted. My hubby has a wood and silver ring - it was a bit of an eco wedding (we loved it, but probably not to everyone's tastes!) - and it's cracked, which we were promised wouldn't happen. He needs a new wedding ring :( We go to church regularly though and our minister has said he'll bless the new ring and stuff so hopefully it'll feel the same. Still gutted though.

This is the ring:

Wide wooden ring silver-R3OAK | contemporary jewellery

that gutting i like the ring ,its what it ment to you both on the day thats why im the same dont want a new one :(

I haven't lost much since OH proposed in June last year and my engagement ring has got looser - my fingers change quite a lot with my weight. We get married in under 3 weeks and my wedding ring is getting loose already too!

Will have them both resized when I get to target (I hope!) and then if they get tight again I know I need to lose weight ;)

Minirog - I wasn't sure when you said a wood/silver ring but that is STUNNING! Wish I'd seen it when we were buying ours!

love the look of the wood ring!

My wedding and engagement rings are far looser on me already. I have to be careful when drying my hands that I don't lose them!

phil you can get your ring resized when its too big, the jeweller takes a bit out of the back and welds it back together, failing that you can get rubber clips for the back to hold the ring in place and stop them spinning, which is good for the interim till your at target.

phil you can get your ring resized when its too big, the jeweller takes a bit out of the back and welds it back together, failing that you can get rubber clips for the back to hold the ring in place and stop them spinning, which is good for the interim till your at target.

sorry my post was pants lol my rings to small for my finger its the biggest size i could get arghhhhhhhh :(

You can get rings made bigger too Phil, don't worry!!! Once you get to goal, take it to a good jewellery and they will make it bigger/smaller depending on how your fingers are at goal!

When I started ww, I had just had a baby, and my rings hadn't fitted for weeks. When I got to goal, I had to get them made smaller by 4 sizes, and they are actually loose again as I unintentionally lost a little more. They still look the same, the resizing was done very well.

Cost me £90 though for both rings!!! Which was a bit mad given that they kept the gold they took out!!

oops sorry, maybe you can get a chain necklace thread it through the ring and hang it round your neck and keep it close to your heart till it fits again :D that way you never have to be without your wedding ring. xxx

My fingers have shrunk loadssss! My wedding finger used to be an S and now it's an L/M! That's 6mm!

Back