Daily chat...

morning /night all
just off for last school run before half term , then got to go to town get a bd pressie for a 1 yr old ohs godchild as usual left it till last minute and now wants me to go and grab her something
back soon to chat

Morning all - Vickki/Bren - we are awake!!

Hi bren :) I didnt even think of freezing the yogie, Clever thinking batman!

What is galetine leaves??
Have you seen them anywhere Bren?
xxxx

Gelatine is for 'setting' food (in cheesecake or ex, or jelly). Or you can try agar-agar (better for Bren as suitable for those who don't eat meat). Both do the same thing.

Vikki do u mean gelatin? This is a thickening agent which is derived from pig or horse hoofs!! Being a vegetarian I avoid all foods with it in.

What u making? It's usually in powder form from the cooking section of the supermarket isle.

X

Good Morning everyone - what a autumn morning - everything here sparkles with frost and the most gorgeous blue sky and shining sun!

Hi Bren, I assume you *do* know about Agar? Flakes or Powder that works like Gelatin. You prepare it a bit differently (you have to boil to dissolve it) but you can use it to make jellies & set cheesecake etc too. Tthere is another recipe of mine for mini-cheesecakes lurking in the recipes thread, maybe I should pull it out? This reminds me I should *make* cheesecake for a change!

Vikki - sending you lots of positive vibes! And Laura how's your mum?

Have a good Thursday everyone! Have a good PP day for the conso-ers ;-)

morning girls. Vikki thinking of you and your family hon xxx

Hello guys... sorry to have been AWOL but busy busy... ugh! (more transcribing of horrible people testifying in English... badly...)

I simply sprinkle my agar agar into sauces to thicken... Great stuff!

Hope everyone's well...
x

phew Jo glad you ok. was worried you had got caught up in something!

Hello guys... sorry to have been AWOL but busy busy... ugh! (more transcribing of horrible people testifying in English... badly...)

I simply sprinkle my agar agar into sauces to thicken... Great stuff!

Hope everyone's well...
x

Work is so inconvenient sometimes - just gets in the way!

Hi Guys, Morning to most :) There was a recipe in the Dukan book that said to use gelatin leaves? I have a box of gelatin but this one uses the leaves, Thought they may have done something different....Bren the recipe was for a dessert (of coarse if I was looking at it!)

Have a good day, Im off to bed now been looking for pettiskirts for Karlia all day on the net and ebay...LOL Shes such a girl!! Wish Keana was too.!!

Night all xxxxxxxxxx

Didn't I spot you on the TV doing a bit of RIOTING?
I think this might be you:
In Paris, protesters shouted through loud-hailers: "Slave-driving? No, no, no. Working more? No, no, no. Fair reforms? Yes, yes, yes."
After all the French proposals (pension age to 67) are slightly worse than what they're proposing over here... (and I get confused with the technical meaning of 'retirement age' and 'pension age')
The state pension age will now rise to 66 by 2020 for both men and women, the Chancellor, George Osborne, has said.
You can tell us anything :D

Hey there Anja,

Currently at 60, one can retire on full pension IF one has contributed 40.5 years. That will be raised to 62 (and the 40.5 goes up too at some point way before I get there).

Currently at 65, one can retire on full pension irrespective of whether one has paid in the required 40.5 years. That will be raised to 67.

Sad news from Robin this morning. Somehow helps put our little worries and moans into perspective. Safe journey Robin.

-100g for me this week which I'm pleased about as it's been up all week! Barely registers as a loss in my signature mind, except in pounds where I can round up or down as it pleases me!

So we're off tonight with a full tank so guaranteed to get back, irrespective of whether we find fuel to fill up while there.

They've just announced two further days' general strike and many more spontaneous actions. (Thurs 28 Oct and Sat 6 Nov).

I'll have my (bloomin'!) headphones on again today so mightn't get around much... except at lunchtime. Work pfft!

morning all hope we are all well on another sad day

R.I.P , ROBINHOOD'S AKA LAURA'S FANTASTIC MUM !!!!

oooh sorry Vickki - Robin has talked about it in her Diary. I hope you've found the diary section!

Thanks Jo - that helps :) Hope you're okay with the strikes.

To lighten the mood a bit and it's Friday I thought I'd share my daughter's favourite song at the moment, we were singing it all the way to school!

YouTube - Seven Days of the Week (I Never Go to Work) - They Might Be Giants

Anyone else with kids - TMBG songs are great for kids (ooh and educational ;)) and very bearable for adults too (think long car journeys). We're definitely big fans.

YouTube - They Might Be Giants Podcast 39 - I Am A Paleontologist

YouTube - Alphabet of Nations - They Might Be Giants

Back