Daily chat...

according to wiki...

Starting on 30 April 1916, Germany and its World War I allies were the first to use DST (ger.: Sommerzeit) as a way to conserve coal during wartime. Britain, most of its allies, and many European neutrals soon followed suit. Russia and a few other countries waited until the next year and the United States adopted it in 1918. Since then, the world has seen many enactments, adjustments, and repeals.

morning all ....got course this morning so will catch up lunchtime have a good day xxxx

Morning all!
Absolutely Sarah - you got it...!

How's everyone? I walked 6km this morning - seeing that rain was threatening and not wanting to walk the same route as yesterday, where I can easily jump on public transport if the heavens opened, I went a different longer route along a different bus route, and enjoyed it. Lots of traffic mind so not much fresh air breathed in!

Hope everyone's well...

Morning everyone,

nice sunny day here and it was just getting light at 7 when DH&DD1 set off. Last night DD1 hated coming home in the dark at around 5pm. I've sent her to nursery with a mini-torch keyring today, that worked last year.

I, ermm, 'discovered' sugar-free caramel sweets from Boots yesterday. Mmmmhhh glad it's taken me this long otherwise I might have OD'd on them long ago! I hope to be using them as 'emergency treats' only!!

Anju, those sweets sound tempting...

Just wondering if you got to your goal weight before u started conso? I am thinking would I be able to go on conso at 154lbs? And get down to 146 whilst doing conso?

Afternoon everyone!

Am back home now, everything went OK, my Mum would have been pleased with the funeral service and the fact that we all wore suits;). So horrible having to sort through her things though:(. Very tired and lots to do here (unpacking 5 suitcases for starters) so will be back properly when I'm rested and have caught up with all the boring, mundane stuff.

Hope everyone is OK and lighter/not heavier than when I was last on here!

Hi Laura, Lovely to have you back. Glad the funeral went well and get yourself unpacked then rested xxxxxxx

I am thinking would I be able to go on conso at 154lbs? And get down to 146 whilst doing conso?

Frankly it's unlikely if you're following the Conso rules, ie reintroducing starch and celebration meals. And, if you're not, then it's not Conso, so ...

Some people lose a pound or two in Conso, others gain a few (I'm NOT joking!!)...

hey Laura hunny xxxx

Anja those are the sweets i took on the plane - lovely, but so sweet I could easily stop at 2. The little box lasted 2 weeks. Am thinking of getting another as a standby for sweet cravings though.
Got email about starbucks red cups this week, am going to miss having a gingerbread latte this year :(

Hope youre doing okay Laura.

So um wheres she getting the money from and why did no one care enough to step in when she put 1 stone back on let alone 16.

Pumpkin lattes were out for halloween then at christmas its usually gingerbread, eggnog lattes and peppermint hot choc with cute red and green sprinkles, sigh. So easy to drink a days worth of cals in one cup I guess.

I think eat did gingerbread drinks too but didnt taste so good.

Pumpkin lattes were out for halloween then at christmas its usually gingerbread, eggnog lattes and peppermint hot choc with cute red and green sprinkles, sigh. So easy to drink a days worth of cals in one cup I guess.
omg ill have to stay away!

Yes i bet the nhs paid for it, and then she wants more. i totally understand how she has put the weight on, cos dont we all know how easy it is. but yes why did no one stop her when she started gaining again . her family should be be doing healthy eating too to help her.

The article doesn't surprise me (except as you've said, how does she get the money to eat so much - actually, looking at what she ate in a typical day, I'm sure I've had many days where I ate far more). What surprised me more are the comments beneath. People really seem to have missed the point. It's not all about healthy eating, and exercise, when it gets to that stage.

There is no help at all with the psychological stuff once one gets to target.

How many of us have dieted to target before? Then pressed the "sabotage" button...

And has anything changed since? Do we know we'll do better next time?

Perhaps I'm a bit negative on this stuff because I'm seeing my GP tonight, for something else, and his idea of help for me last year was to give me a photocopy of the Mayo Diet, with a few meals tippexed out...

How many of us have dieted to target before? Then pressed the "sabotage" button...

And has anything changed since? Do we know we'll do better next time?
[/QUOTE]
me me me me me me me me

Well he surely wont think you need to diet now will he Jo?

what are people planning to do ref diet over xmas? Are you having the whole festive period off? or just xmas/boxing day?

im lucky i dont have to buy chocs/biscuits or anything like that for xmas. Ill be buying bountiful amounts of cheese and cocktail sausages chicken wings and things like that for party times(who am i kidding a party on my own lol) or visitors. xmas day will be turkey and all the carbs that are associated all courtesy of m and s. just going to make sure im stocked up with above and olives etc to nibble on.
ive got a 'spring clean' planned for when im off work for 11 days (boo) so cals will be burned!

Well he surely wont think you need to diet now will he Jo?

Well yes because he saw me six months ago when I asked for his HELP... and his response was to turn and hand me this pathetic excuse of an edited version of the Mayo diet. I've never yet found a member of the medical profession who could help with this sort of thing, so I don't know what I was thinking!

It's be in my notes that I want to get back to my fetish 65-67K... so he'll see I'm not. Pretty thorough over here... I'll be undressed, on scales, having all sorts of things examined which aren't ill!

Back