Daily chat...

Temperatures have dropped here already, Robin, and I can't say I'm sorry! The 15°C ups and downs are rather strange, mind! For now, still in sleeveless summer clothes and bare legs... but the skies are threatening again! 36°C in the country this weekend, and 29°C when I got back to the city at 11pm Sunday :-(

Hi Laura :)

Nice to see you again....it's not raining here though it's forecast for later on today....bit overcast at the moment - nice change from yesterday which was a muggily humid 21c

would be nice to have heat without the stickiness :) x

We'll be moaning that we're cold soon!! haaaa!

I hate noticing the days getting shorter but I do love winter. Proper winter though, not drizzly rainy winter!

I'm hoping so... over here, of course, they're better prepared on the roads (and snow ploughs come past our country place regularly fortunately as their depot isn't far away!) so it's less of a problem. Cold crisps days with blue sky and sun. Lovely! And a roaring fire to come home to... aaaah! (Infinitely preferable to this muggy stormy weather we're having here; fortunately cooler now, but still bare arms and legs to leave for work at 7am...)

We have had a better Spring in the UK that Summer... that is for sure!

Exactly, the seasons are messed up! It will probably snow once the kids are back at school!;) Am in no hurry for the stuff though and if it stays away all winter, even better. I will allow the snow to fall on the mountains and ski slopes as long as it leaves roads and pavements clear:D.

Cooler again today, this morning has been nice and temps no hotter than 30° this afternoon, so that's easily bearable, but would prefer 25°, that's both nice and comfortable.

Oh dear, British obsession with the weather.:D

Hope everyone's OK!

Speaking of which... I've got tomorrow off, and the forecast where I'll be is storms and rain... (errr I've done all that here, and come out the other side!!).

Still - a bit of mud won't kill me (veg plot needs work! lotsa!)

Hello everyone!

Had a fab weekend, won't talk about food though. All gala-ed out;).

One week until school. Ready on all fronts (apart from the early starts - never ready for those!) and looking forward to normality.

Had a 'lovely' storm on Friday evening, typically came on while on the motorway - scary stuff - so weather is back to normal after that (hot, but not too hot, due to cool again though) so that's a relief and I've been nicely productive today.

Hope everyone's OK.:D

Morning!

Back in the land of the Internet (for now) - we're still having connection problems and landline not working :(.

Kids all back at school (although not today for the youngest two and just a half day at secondary school too) and things are fine there, apart from the fact that eldest has the same English teacher as last year (which neither of us wanted).

Eating on track - maybe overdone the fruit somewhat (figs are great just now) but fine apart from that.

Weather great, so off to buy a birthday present then do something outdoors with the kids.

Hope all have a great day!

I have been enjoying my figs too, with a slice of cheese!! had so many mum has made several batches of jam!

Morning!

Had trouble finding this thread, everyone has diaries!

Another scorcher forecast here, how strange when at least half of summer was on the cool side. The temperatures will nosedive soon enough, no doubt.

Sad news in our household. Our kitten was knocked down yesterday and killed outright:(. One blessing is that she wasn't damaged externally, so less distressing. Luckily a neighbour alerted me (we were eating - nobody finished lunch yesterday), so the children didn't see anything (I locked them in the house). Sadly, I wasn't overly suprised - as a kitten born outside, she was always desperate to get out and the cars tend to go past the house quite quickly (idiots - the house is just before a corner). If we decide to get another cat (I think we will, in time) then we will have to get an indoors kitten who is scared to go out (at least for a while) or an adult who is already road-wise. Anyway, has shaken us all (more husband, eldest son and myself than the younger two, for the moment at least).

Hope everyone else is having a better week.

oh Robin, I'm so sorry... Isn't this long heatwave amazing? I know it came later to the UK, and it doesn't look as hot for them, but we're really basking in it. So peculiar, mind, to leave home in the pitch black, and have such early nights, with such summery weather. I see that all will return to normal by mid-next week, so make the most of your weekend.

x

Yes I am! Wearing for the first time my very summery maxi dress (bargain buy at £8) that has hung unloved in the wardrobe all summer after!

Hope you all have nice stuff planned for the weekend- we certainly do. Last Sunday already managed to drag ourselves out to the nearest national trust property and had a lovely day!

It's true that the nicer weather induces us outdoors!

Surprise party invitation tonight - just when I was planning a slobby night in - so last night was spent cutting my legs to ribbons trying shave through the autumnal stubble, bleaching my lady-tache, and sorting out a frock from all those put aside for the dry cleaner. Luckily I managed not to get either blood or bleach on the only wearable candidate.

Having a good time is such hard work!

Hi Guys, Im back :) Miss me...lol
Ok so ive been lazy :( have gained 2kgs in 3mths but getting back in to it.
Mum had her kidney op on the 10th October. Turned to cr*p as they also biopsied her throat cancer again and cut her airway so her lung collapsed during surgery :( I have not cried as much in my life as I had been in the last few weeks!! But I didnt rush to the lollie jar as Id usually do :) Mums on the mend and leaving hospital today...very sore but hey guys she made it!!!! Im no a religious person but OMG I prayed to buddha, God, and any others that would listen :) Now its my turn 31st October Hysterectomy time :( Then pure laziness for 2mths!! I better get back on Dukan NOW or I will gain the weight back!!
Missed you guys but back to keeping updated with you all.... Hope its all going good in your little parts of the world! Sydney is getting warmer...yay
xxxxxxxxx

Back