Daily chat...

We are on an Amber warning in this area, other areas are on a red warning , most of the bridges are closed as the gusts have been 85mph I keep almost being blown over .... Having that extra weight did have it's advantages lol

Non-Dukan Food warning!

HI everyone hope you're all okay in the Storm. It only quite windy and miserable here so I could/would not go for my run tonight, but I used the time constructively to add to my Christmas baking (adding the last two on the list below). As usual I'm giving most of my friends a bag of goodies, and the rest gets munched by us.
In picture order I have made:
Alpenbrot Alpenbrot | Chefkoch.de
Lebkuchen Omas Lebkuchen | Chefkoch.de
Haferflockenkekse (Oat biscuits, no pic) Haferflockenkekse | Chefkoch.de
Schokomonde Omas Schokoladenmonde | Chefkoch.de
Spritzgebaeck (Cookie press biscuits in vanilla and chocolate(no pic) versions) As I made this today the actual chocolate covering is still to come. Edeles Spritzgebäck | Chefkoch.de
Zimsterne Zimtsterne | Chefkoch.de

I'm running out of biscuit tins now... Oh and the best bit - as it's a PP day not a crumb has passed my lips - got DH to taste-test on each though. Much better than the others I made during the last two weeks where I felt I had to sample them :) and some I've had to re-sample to test how they're maturing!

Attachments

• alpenbrot.jpg
    alpenbrot.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 57
  • lebkuchen.jpg
    lebkuchen.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 52
  • schokomonde.jpg
    schokomonde.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 76
  • spritz.jpg
    spritz.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 54
  • zimt.jpg
    zimt.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 60
Wow, Anja - those look beautiful, bet they taste great too. Have been having a bit of a bake-a-thon too - and enjoying making without eating(plenty testers on hand)! Haven't bought any dates this year - I ate nearly all of them last year:eek: but have ordered a box of orangettes for me so I will be indulging!

Hope everyone is OK, watched the news last night - Scotland really did get a battering. Christmas lights blown down in Union St in Aberdeen (hope the mad weather meant that there weren't too many people about).

Have a busy (gala-ish) weekend coming up (lunch with husband's parents tomorrow and Santa Day on Sunday), so taking it food-easy today and next week will be conso-style as next weekend is definitely a gala one.

Hope all have a good day.:)

Anja - they look FABULOUS! You really are very talented. I tend to choose to bake things I don't particularly like, or have a chewing gum in my mouth when things come out of the oven!

Just dull and rainy here... very bad news for the great blow dry my hairdresser did last night!

Have good weekends everyone... and, for those in Scotland particularly, good luck!

Snowing again here *sigh*

Still dull and rainy here but I managed to get out and power walk twice this weekend as planned for over half an hour in between the showers!

I'm really noticing the shorter days (at the weekend, when I've time to look out of the window!), and given that we're an hour ahead of you, it must get dark REALLY early in Scotland at the moment?

Anyway, hope you all survived your weekends!

Rain here too!

Had a mixed weekend, mostly nice. 'Christmas' lunch with husband's parents as we're going to my brother for the actual day - so lots of eating (mainly protein!). Had about half a glass of wine and a few small slices of bread, no room for cheese or pud (probably because of the bread)!

Yesterday was 'Santa day' school fundraising so manic day getting it ready, then during - was glad to get home. Youngest couldn't go - had some sort of sick bug - was fine by evening, but will keep him off school today because he hasn't eaten (need him fit tomorrow as another play and Christmas lunch then).

Starting the week with eldest's school first trimester report - this evening - fingers crossed (and hope it doesn't drag on:eek:)!

Otherwise, the kittens have made it upstairs into the bedrooms - not good! Will need to keep doors closed now.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

It's dark about 3.30-4pm here .... Roll on the shortest day till the nights start getting lighter again :)

Yes gorgeous sunshine here too - and porridge, yes that's my main breakfast most days now. Have a good week everyone - ours is going to be manic with Christmas concerts, parties, lunches etc etc, plus there are cards to write, presents to wrap (those that need posting...) you know what I am talking about...

It's a sunny crisp icy here today as well but quite pleasant :) I also have porridge most days unless I fancy muffins for lunch

We look very settled in our pattern of rain and strong winds for the week! I had promised myself a visit to the Champs Elysées Christmas market tonight but not in this weather! I'll now try for Thursday.

I bet everyone's kids are getting excited! My cards and presents are all wrapped and posted so I can just get down to waiting for the big event :)

7 days work before holidays :)

We are to have a sunny day today (hopefully).

Nice quiet day after rushing around yesterday - just need to buy tangerines for all the pupils/teachers/assistants (so about 115) - I'm going to look like I have a tangerine-based eating disorder at the check-out.:D

Youngest better today, so full speed ahead for Christmas show and school lunch (eldest has his Christmas lunch at school today too).

Hope everyone's OK and that all have a good day.:)

Think it's to be windy here today, its always windy lol , we have the double glazing company back tonight to do paperwork then the surveys being done Friday for our new doors & the 2 windows that havnt been done. Saturday we are driving down to other house to check for damage & hubby has an appointment with accountant. We are going into Edinburgh in the evening to the Xmas Market to get the last gifts then we are all done apart from the fresh food shopping

Mild and windy here today - not a bad thing as our heating broke last night and the engineer is not coming till Thu. It was not too cold this morning, I fled to work today (should have had a day off) and I'll do some baking this PM to warm up the kitchen without wasting the heat...

I still have a list of Christmas to-do's as long as my arm - MUST tackle the card writing though, esp the 'overseas' ones....

Why oh why have I not tried sweetened quark on my muffins before now ?? Oh my word !!! Lemon & ginger muffins straight out the oven with sweetened quark spread on them is divine :D thank you cd for posting about it in the menus thread. What diet ? ;)

I just made the family Christmas cake :D it's looking good!

Now for the rest of the week I shall bake other Christmas treats for presents, gotta have all my Christmas sorted as I'm going to Germany for Christmas markets next Tuesday... but this year I'm actually so organised :)

More wind and rain for us here... OH made the Christmas cake yesterday so I came home to delicious smells (which didn't tempt me in the slightest as I'm not a fan of such things!).

A friend brought me some mince pies back from M&S in London (as we can't seem to get into the M&S in Paris with the darned queues at lunch time and end of work day) so I'll be sharing them with my team today. Again, not one of my things so I'll not have an issue there.

This weather is not good for hair. To wear a hat or not to wear a hat, that is the question? Shall I go for flattened sweaty hair or the wind and rain swept fluffy look? grrrr

Sooooooo cold today :gen125: On a cheerier note though...... just over a week till the shortest day then we're heading to warmer times!!!!! ;) :p
Jackie xx

Last edited:
Back