Daily chat...

hi :D i think its a good idea. its nice having lighter evenings but in winter you will notice that im a severe depressive :( i hate the dark night, dark mornings, cold and the ice etc and xmas. Im sure i have SAD

Remember our discussion the other day about daylight hours (and me thinking that in the Highlands it must be pitch black most of the day... sorry Cathy!), well this article caught my eye too:
David Cameron may move clocks forward permanently if he can convince Scots | Mail Online

So glad I didnt vote for him, hes a twat of the highest degree.
It would be a very silly thing to do. I dont think he will get Scots to agree. Why not just leave it as it is. Its horrible going to school in the dark and getting home in the dark too, it wont make any difference.
Why cant he spend his time doing something that needs to be done instead of fannying around with the time FGS

Last edited:
lol. feel strongly Cathy???? xxxx

I don't mind being a hour ahead of the UK (or an hour behind my brother - in Egypt) but I HATE it when the clock moves forwards or backwards. Knocks us all for 6 for the next week, so I'm in favour of not doing the clock change at all.

Only when his name is mentioned Vicky lol.
I just dont see why it needs changing at all, it wont make any difference to kids who travel for 3/4 of an hour to get to and from school anyway, it wont give us an extra hour.

Lol. Ill keep my mouth shut lol!

daft question but do ever get to see the northern lights up there?

Not much, we arent really far enough up, but sometimes you can, i've seen them maybe 3-4 times but not in the last 15 yrs

Oh no Robin! OK camping, fine... but visitors must let you check in once a day minimum so that we can hear all your news!!

<otherwise - bonnes vacances!!>

Merci;). Possibly not the best plan to go this weekend as the traffic 'heading home' ie the same direction as us is forecast red all weekend. Hey ho, suppose it could have been black!

(Actually, I probably will check in if the computer is switched on. Apart from anything else, will need to check what's on UK TV channels for my Auntie - I only have a rough idea of what's happening on Cbeebies and I don't think that will be acceptable. Poor husband is going to have a headache with all the English:D).

I study the Radio Times' website carefully before heading to the country each weekend! haaaa!

Cathy's making me laugh! (Even if I disagree with everything she's said! haaaa!)

OK honest answer!

French or British TV worst?
French or British Films? etc etc

French TV - dire
French Films - good

Then again, British TV probably dire too (only watch Casualty v occasionally and the wonderful Poirot of course - on DVD)

Sorry to hijack but I'm really annoyed. I am on day 4 of attack and felt I was doing really well, I have been drinking 4l of water a day with squash which is sugar free. Today I had a quick glace at the nv's....it has 13g of carbs per 100ml and I wqas downing the stuff. Feel a bit disheartened and just asked hubby if we can have fish and chips for tea :eek:(

Sorry to hijack but I'm really annoyed. I am on day 4 of attack and felt I was doing really well, I have been drinking 4l of water a day with squash which is sugar free. Today I had a quick glace at the nv's....it has 13g of carbs per 100ml and I wqas downing the stuff. Feel a bit disheartened and just asked hubby if we can have fish and chips for tea :eek:(

Oops! It's easily done though and maybe won't have done any (much) harm - most of the carbs are from the fruit, I suppose (I know lemon juice in food is OK but not as a drink). Natural yogurt has carbs in too (5/100 or so I think) and I eat loads (3 or 4) per day and I'm still losing.

Enjoy your dinner and tomorrow's another day, etc, etc.:)

Is that undiluted, it wont be much if its diluted dont give in

Morning :D just doing cleaning and washing and weighing pups and waiting for their eyes to open :D you?

Morning all back after the wedding weekend which was interesting to say the least

was a farmers wedding and the family fueds were in full swing lol
there was landrover bonnet racing at 3 in the morning a lot of helium gas induced singing and wellies is a good look for the bride in her wedding dress honest

omg thats sounds very interesting. lol what a good laugh it will have been though?

Back