Daily chat...

Well that is good to know, cause I have been tired most of the day and thought maybe I was coming down with something

you will probably get a headache in the next couple of days thats a sign of going into ketosis , which means your body is starting to burn fat ....it doesnt last long then your fine ...stick with it its worth it

I will just sleep through the headache stage.... I'm very good at sleeping :4635:

morning all
my lord it is so windy out there this morning not looking forward to driving the kids to school over the top ....they are building a wind farm up there mmm wonder if it will be windy !!!!!!!

have a headache this morning tom making me feel fat .....have a nurse appointment in a bit then im hiding indoors till i have to pick up the kids
chat later xx

Morning!

Dull and raining here:(.

Nothing exciting happening, have an appointment this afternoon and will fit food shopping round that - both boring, unfortunately. Trying to plan an evening at cinema - definitely this month sometime which is much less boring but much more difficult to do!

Am I right in thinking I won't be in ketosis during conso? I was waiting on the ketosis rush of energy after 10 days of not-very-good food but realised this morning that it probably wouldn't happen because I'm eating carbs:eek:.

Off to have a wander through the rain, need some fresh air.

Hope everyone's OK today.

Hello all... dark and rainy here too... and lots more of the same on the horizon alas...

Robin... you got it. Ketosis is a thing of the past! Enjoy your Conso!

Little to report here either... busy organising my weekend (which starts tomorrow lunchtime) then, on my return, my other half is off to the UK for 12 hours so I'm avidly browsing the online brochures to see what offers there are in which shops at the moment for things I want!

Slept 4H last night then woke WIDE AWAKE... A-OK at the moment, but bet the siesta hour will be tough today!

wow Jo just a 12 hour trip for the oh. what sort of stuff are you looking for?

The Calais/Dover ferry only costs €26 return on a 24hr trip!

On my list of "must haves" which are dear here are:
- instant coffee (we get the big 500g cheap stuff!)
- sugar free jellies
- philly extra lite
- spring onions (love 'em!)

For the "other half":
- bread
- Lurpack
- cheshire cheese
- Fray Bentos pies
- tinned soup

I know the Daily Mail regularly runs articles on how the UK is the most expensive place to shop at but, trust me, it isn't where most food shopping is concerned (would you agree Robin?). Possibly meat + fish are dearer in supermarkets than in hypermarkets here... but always 2 for 1 offers around etc.

As for fattening things, they are so cheap back home... and the results are clearly visible alas...

I have several of them in my stock cupboard!!

I love reading the daily chat it really motivates me into getting back into it when I read about peeps going into ketosis.......I am going to be extra extra good for next 3 days, once I get back into ketosis it will give me the incentive to stay there x

The Calais/Dover ferry only costs €26 return on a 24hr trip!

On my list of "must haves" which are dear here are:
- instant coffee (we get the big 500g cheap stuff!)
- sugar free jellies
- philly extra lite
- spring onions (love 'em!)

For the "other half":
- bread
- Lurpack
- cheshire cheese
- Fray Bentos pies
- tinned soup

I know the Daily Mail regularly runs articles on how the UK is the most expensive place to shop at but, trust me, it isn't where most food shopping is concerned (would you agree Robin?). Possibly meat + fish are dearer in supermarkets than in hypermarkets here... but always 2 for 1 offers around etc.

As for fattening things, they are so cheap back home... and the results are clearly visible alas...

I'd agree especially re the sweets/chocolate/biscuits/crisps aisles (the kids definitely overdid those). Fresh fruit and veg is shockingly expensive though, but I didn't think there was much difference in the meat (not that we bought much). Whisky is more expensive too:eek:.

We took home some mature cheddar (gave some away, will freeze the rest unless I give in - am waiting a couple of weeks - but as husband can't have any, I probably won't - it's his favourite, not mine), we usually buy some haggis too (but didn't this time as we haven't eaten the last lot due to me - and now both of us - being on a diet. We're having haggis, neeps and tatties as a celebration meal with friends at some point soon!) Husband has to eat a couple of rowies and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps while we're there too - I don't like either. I usually have a crunchie, son bought me that this time (but it didn't taste that great if I'm honest, so probably a thing of the past). Oh and bovril, but I stocked up last time. We did buy some jelly (both sf and normal) for the kids and so daugther could take some into school.

Clothes are MUCH cheaper too. We had to kit husband and sons out for the funeral (husband doesn't 'do' suits so it may not get another wearing!) and were surprised how little it all cost (although am glad school uniform doesn't happen here as the youngest put a hole in his trousers about half an hour into the funeral tea, so despite the trousers only costing a couple of pounds, it would add up quickly).

Interesting info there Robin. I must admit that fruit and veg isn't high on my shopping list when I'm leaving the UK for France... (shhhh because I think they do something "weird" to their veggies over there.)

When I pick my veg from the veg plot, they are at their best then immediately start to deteriorate.
When I buy veg in England, it often stays looking perfect for an abnormally long time.
So I keep well away now...

ohhh yes - clothes are sooo cheap...

** CHRISTMAS ALERT **

I just looked this up for someone here, so thought I'd share it with you...

Accueil

Shame on anyone coming over here just for Disney! Even if the lingo is comprehensible on the site, the pictures are lovely!

<and the Champs Elysées Christmas market opens on November 19 which even I think too early... I'll wait a few weeks...>

omg i looked ;) pretty pretty. thats it im coming to paris for xmas!

I love Christmas markets.

what sort of things do you like on them Jo? decos or food or gifts?

The atmosphere more than anything, I guess. Two years ago, we went to the Alsatian markets over near Strasbourg (three different towns in two days...) and each was slightly different. The music, the atmosphere, YES the food (but I sickened myself of cinnamon because it's in EVERYTHING!)... probably not so much the presents as things are so very expensive. Hand made Christmas decorations etc. Some beautiful. All chronically expensive.

As it was mild that December, we also "visited" the concentration camp in France (up a mountain so we could take roads normally you'd need chains on your tyres to drive on). A sobering experience which put the whole Christmas thing into perspective.
Natzweiler-Struthof - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wow Jo that concentration camp must have been hard. I remember going to Changi museum in singapore and it was heart wrenching x

I like Christmas markets, there's a great one near here - first Sunday in December, I think. I'd love to go to the Alsace ones, Jo, but not keen on the crowds that would be there:(.

I don't think I could visit a concentration camp, the visits to Resistance museums were harrowing enough (although interesting too, to be fair).

Back