Daily chat...

I always think of my childhood love when I think of the Mormons...

<humming... "and they called it Puppy looooovvve">

Just lost any street cred I ever had there!

I read of a good policy to have with cold telephone callers... simply say "just a moment" and wander off back to whatever you were doing when the phone rudely interrupted you. Their phone bill. ;)

I simply say "I'm a tenant" and that gets rid of most.[/QUOTE]

Snap! Husband tells them he's long-term unemployed or interrupts them before they start with 'I have to rush off, the baby's in the bath'. (disclaimer - we don't leave the baby in the bath;) not that we still have a baby, but no phoning social services:p).

I feel sorry for them, they have to earn a crust too, but they are so persistant:mad:.

Whenever someone rings at the gate, I tell them I'm not French (true) and they disappear sharpish:D.

Sorry to read your news, Vickki, you're probably in bed by now.

I read the thread the wrong way round, so now realise where the cold callers cropped up. Loved the bible-selling antics:D.

My other half really doesn't speak good French and horror of horrors they all change language and have a go at pigeon English on him!

Hey we may bump into each other - I am the one with teh stinky breath!! Where is OH Aussie expo? We are at Earls COurt.
i will be the other one with stinky breath and wind lol

were at Hammersmith for the expo then promised the kids that we will go and see the house of parliment I must be mad ...no doubt they will then twist their dads arm to go and see the sights

Hey Vikk hun sorry to hear you news hope that your ok xxxxx

Morning!

Long time no see! Have been inhaling caramel and chocolate for the last few days - will finish today (having a sneaky 5 minutes on here:D) then the whole of tomorrow will be spent bagging it all up! In any case, it's effective for not wanting to eat sweet things.

Apart from that, ticking along nicely here - no excitement, but that's just fine. Eldest's birthday at the end of the week (April Fool's Day!) so will be glad to get back to normality (and have a shortbread-free house).

Hope everyone is well.:)

My nose is twitching in anticipation... sounds delicious! Is this Easter baking?

April Fool's Day is a good one for a birthday! :D (Hopefully the day I meet Tan too!)

It's baking to raise funds for school projects. The school isn't allowed to ask for a contribution from parents for trips, etc (education is free and all that...) so in order to have some extras, there is a fundraising committee in place. We do loads throughout the year (can get boring...meetings, etc) so that the teachers can plan extras (cinema trips, days out and the main project for each school). So I'm doing a millionaire's shortbread (shortbread base, then caramel, then chocolate) bakeathon (quantities to order). They're all done now, just need to be bagged up (the worst job, I don't mind the baking at all - but am fed up of the smell of chocolate)!
*end of waffle*

When you get some on your fingers, which is surely inevitable, do you lick them? (I baked a sultana cake this weekend for the other half to split with an elderly neighbour, and I just didn't know what to do with my finger when it became soiled!! As for putting that delicious looking mucky bowl straight into soapy water, what a waste!)

It does sound fabulous, your millionaire's shortbread, but I daren't ask for the recipe (again) just yet because I might be tempted to bake some at Easter!

When you get some on your fingers,

None on fingers, lots on spatula - throw in sink of soapy water, problem solved! No licking anyway - the mere thought of anything sugary this week is not in the slightest bit tempting (like being in ketosis really).

which is surely inevitable, do you lick them? (I baked a sultana cake this weekend for the other half to split with an elderly neighbour, and I just didn't know what to do with my finger when it became soiled!! As for putting that delicious looking mucky bowl straight into soapy water, what a waste!)

This is where children (daughter) comes in handy, she hangs round the kitchen waiting for the raw shortbread mix scrapings. The leftover caramel in the pan and chocolate in the other bowl get scraped into a smaller bowl (that's a lot of bowls) then it's all left to harden and the kids get it divided between them as a bonus at snack time (that's if husband doesn't get there first).

It does sound fabulous, your millionaire's shortbread, but I daren't ask for the recipe (again) just yet because I might be tempted to bake some at Easter!

If I ever make it up to Paris, I'll pop some in my bag:). A 'cadeau empoisonné' indeed!;)

If I ever make it up to Paris, I'll pop some in my bag:). A 'cadeau empoisonné' indeed!;)
I'll hold you to that.
<I'm waiting...>

Oh by the way everyone I made a sweet version of a crepe this evening without the nasty powdered milk - just a couple of eggs a couple of tbspns of skimmed milk and a tbspn of sweetener. All cooked up in a good frying pan. It was in essence a sweet omlette, but I don't think it tasted much different to the naughty recipe.

Excellent Mouse... "that recipe" is just for emergencies and should be kept for such! I can never quite fathom why people start out (or rere-start) using such things. Despite our warnings. Beats me!

Morning everyone - it's a bit cold and horrible here but the forecast last night reckoned it's going to be 20 degrees on Friday! I hope it's nice on Sunday for the rugby tournament - so much more pleasant to watch in nice weather!

Just thinking of the old phrase 'you are what you eat' - what am I? Am I a chicken, an egg, a yogurt - or just a muffin:)

Just thinking of the old phrase 'you are what you eat' - what am I? Am I a chicken, an egg, a yogurt - or just a muffin:)

Tee hee I'm definitely a FISH!

Did anyone see 'My Beautiful Friends' on channel 4 last night? It was about people with facial disfigurement from burns and it made me feel pretty shallow complaining about the shape of my tummy!

Did anyone see 'My Beautiful Friends' on channel 4 last night? It was about people with facial disfigurement from burns and it made me feel pretty shallow complaining about the shape of my tummy!

I wanted to watch that the other day, but too afraid as I might start drowning myself with my own tears! xx

Back