Daily chat...

You are what you eat - I'm definitely an egg, despite eating less than I did now while on Cruise. Or a prune maybe (along with the rest of the dried fruit). Hopefully not rotten but definitely wrinkled :p.

It's going to be sunny and hot (relatively) today. Hope everyone else is as lucky:D.

Hi guys :) Missed me :)...LOL I have been lazy!! It was my b-day monday so I spent all week being lazy!! Dam I will be 40 soon!!
Mum went to the drs yesterday, has to have ANOTHER biopsy, and before that marrow and blood taken from her spine :( Poor mammie, So stressful for her. Oh and she has to gain weight..Wish I had that problem..LOL.

So hows all doing here?? Its getting cooler here now, Especially at night so I dress like a padded sumo, Not a great look for bed! then you can bet it gets hot at about 2am! God come on winter if your coming.

Hope everyones having a great weekend, Bedtime for me...... (see getting old!) Will check and see how everyones going tomorrow.
have a great day xxxxxxxxxxxx

How is everyone today?

I have been mega tired mixture of medication and i think i am starting to go in to ketosis so i had a nap on the sofa lol

Ive lost 9.5lbs in 3 days, hoping i will have lost a stone within the next 2 weeks.

Hi Kate :) Well done on the loss :) Yeah ketosis can be a pain! but goes eventually :)

Hows everyone else? I have been shocking on the weekend..... Must get into the right frame of mind again!! or I will be ompaloomp-ish again!!
Hope you are all having a great day/night, We are off daylight savings now so getting darker faster now.

Take care guys xxxxxxxxxxx

I keep having to remind myself, dont eat that! you want a baby and that is not going to help lol

Or i think "what is more important, crappy food or a baby?"

awh Vickki - soon be 40, you poor thing! Hope you had a good birthday. Did you have a special (Dukan?) meal? So sorry to hear about your Mum. It's really hard when we're not there to see them. I'm counting down until I come over to see my Nana (97 and had a stroke 3 weeks ago...).

PPK - good luck!

Happy Birthday Vickki! I am now on the counting back from 40 for each birthday;).

Hope you can offload your unwanted kilos on to your Mum and that the biopsies aren't too tough on her.

Happy Birthday Vickki.

Hope a good weekend was had by all and UK mothers suitably spoiled.
Went to visit mine for the weekend.
Got home had big shopping delivery, head on straight ready to plow ahead (again). Was pretty low carb last week but had enough unsuitables to out of ketosis.

Hi guys and thank you :) Jo are you coming to Australia to see you nana?? Hope she is doing ok now :( I was never close to mine..strange family!!
Had what I called a mammie meltdown today...You know the burst into tears like an idiot when you talk about your mum to a friend.... God I hate them days! But I had NO CHOCOLATE!! Yay me ...LOL.

I won a thousand dollar furniture voucher last week, Went to the shop but cant find anything I like, Might sell it and get an Iphone 4. Anyone have any info on these, Are they good etc do you like it ??
Hubbys b-day weds and he is away in Melbourne so can celebrate and eat cake by himself in the hotel room...LOL.!!
Hope you are all having a great day and jaqys I HEAR YOU , dam ketosis:) xxxxx
Good night guys...........

No Vickki my Nana is in the UK, just that I'm in France :-(

My poor sister. I stayed with her this weekend, and she cooked a special sunday lunch, following all the clues she had picked up about Dukan from the media.

I ended up with a plate of (delicious!) roast beef and nothing else!

Carrots? - cooked with honey
Parsnips? - cooked with honey
Green veg? - peas

Oh dear.
At least she wasn't offended - just intrigued and curious.

And three hungry children polished off all the veg I couldn't eat.

My poor sister. I stayed with her this weekend, and she cooked a special sunday lunch, following all the clues she had picked up about Dukan from the media.

I ended up with a plate of (delicious!) roast beef and nothing else!

Carrots? - cooked with honey
Parsnips? - cooked with honey
Green veg? - peas

Oh dear.
At least she wasn't offended - just intrigued and curious.

And three hungry children polished off all the veg I couldn't eat.

That's quite intriguing really because I'm amazed that she didn't run her menu past you beforehand! My sister (as you'll have perhaps read on my diary) is doing Easter Sunday (I think) and keeps asking me if this or that is ok!

I always tell my father that "peas" are NOT a vegetable... to consider them as a dessert... when I seek in vain some greenery on his plate!

Credit to you for sticking to just beef though!

Good work PPK... why so tired?

> That's quite intriguing really because I'm amazed that she didn't run her menu past you beforehand! My sister (as you'll have perhaps read on my diary) is doing Easter Sunday (I think) and keeps asking me if this or that is ok!

LOL - my sister tends to think she already knows it all, (she once worked for NASA!) and she doesn't always listen very carefully!

She's always been the skinny one on the family, and I think she is trying to avoid facing up to the fact that she won't be for much longer!

We did better at supper time:

Can you eat Salad - yes
I'll put nuts in the Salad... - no, thank you.
Dressing? - no, thank you.
Blue Cheese? - Help! No!
So - just the grilled chicken and the salad, then, here you are! - Yum.
And look, we've got yummy chocolates for pud! - Argggggghhhhhh!!!!!

My Dad's other half isn't very overweight (but is a peculiar shape!!), and hasn't a clue about dieting (lucky her!). She can't resist commenting on my overladen with protein plates and asking if I'm sure that's "good for me"! I've taken to responding "better than the alternative would be!".

She's also likely to put "just one" [potato/whatever on my plate with the "one won't hurt" idea!!]. I wish people would keep their noses out!

> I wish people would keep their noses out!

I don't always mind the nose, or the questions, I just wish they would listen to the answers and not leap straight to their own!

I think people's brains get mis-wired over food (all our brains).
Like the person who asks about the diet, listens to a description (ie - low fat, low carbohydrate) and then says "Oh, lifes too short to sit about nibbling ryvita"

or "lettuce won't make you fat" when I explain it's a PP day

"diet equals lettuce". True facts!

To be fair - the idea of an alternating pp day is pretty alien until you start to understand how what ketosis is, and how you can harness a mild version of it to manage weightloss.

Back