Daily chat...

Hi guys, What you all been doing?? Im sick as a dog with the flu and keep craving ice cream of all things, Have no idea why I cant taste anything..LOL.
Have you's had mothers day already?? Ours is not till may I think....

Hope you are all fine and good on you PPK :) Well done. Hope your over the tiredness :)
Sending big kisses to all , Have a great week :) xxxxxxx

It's in May here in France too, so I've to go through all that hype again (with no Mum it's tough!!).

Sorry to hear you're unwell. For icecream, pop a vanilla flavoured fat free yoghurt in the freezer between 6 and 24hrs depending on how you like yours ;) Some girls on a French website I use make their own :D

Hope you're feeling better soon, Vickki.

Spoil YOU on Mothers Day, Jo (on behalf of your cats:D).

Upset here, youngest has a broken tooth. Suspect eldest is partly responsible as I found the broken bit on the kitchen floor when I swept it this morning (am sure it happened at the same time that the wee lad ended up with an egg-sized lump on his head - eldest had dropped him:confused:). It's the front part of his tooth, so the whole surface of what's still in the gum is rough, I don't suppose it will be long before the nerve is exposed. I need to get him to the dentist before it starts hurting (emergency appointment available only at Mr Horrible Dentist - the usual one won't be able to:().

Instant ice cream idea - but only works if you have frozen rhubarb to hand.

Pop a handful of frozen rhubarb chunks in a food processor with zero fat greek yogurt and splenda to taste. Quickly blitz to blend. Eat immediately!

Actually, I just thought - if you don't have frozen rhubarb lying around, may be it would work with icecubes, yogurt, splenda and a flavouring of your choice.... hmmm - worth trying?

Now I want ice-cream too - roll on the weekend, and I'll experiment with the ice-cubes. Maybe frozen lemon/lime juice....

All this icecream talk is guaranteed to make the weather turn cold again ;)

Robin - oh no! Poor little one...

It's good to see chat on this thread again, which was opened initially for those too busy to go round all the diaries to at least speak somewhere!!

While we're at it, there's an article on the Dukan diet in a prominent French magazine today (Top Sante). I've emailed it to Anja and Robin, but any other French speakers, PM me your email addresses if you like and I'll send it. I'll put details in a new post I'll open.

Morning everyone. Sorry your sick Vicks and sorry about the tooth Laura.

I read the list of new foods Jo and was disappointed not to see any creme eggs on there:D I don't think any of those do anything for me but it might be good for veggies amongst us. (Where is Bren BTW)

I think I may pick my first bumbarb of the year later for my Dukan Victoria Sponge (pictures to follow if it looks good).

Chickens are currently sunbathing - wish I could join them:D

Thanks for the article, Jo. Seems a bit kinder on Dukan than most I've read.:D

Obviously pulses aren't low carb, but I'm sure Bren said she (vegitarians) could have some (officially written in the book?)

I'm going to wait a couple of months and get the new, updated Dukan and see what it says.:) I don't 'need' the book but I miss it!

Morning everyone, thanks for posting that info on the new thread maintainer!

That icecream sounds good for the coming months Atropos, of course it will probably guarantee snow and ice for July and August here in "sunny" Ireland if I try it lol

Some people freeze mullers to make icecream.

Ugh poor little one having their tooth knocked out. Hope you can get it sorted.

I had lunch with someone yesterday, whose Mum is a nutritionist here and VERY anti the diet. She says a lot of her new patients are ex-Dukaners now in yoyo/binge mode, and even one had to be hospitalised when her diabetes went out of control.

OK we know the risks of this diet, and it's one of the reason I for one do NOT encourage newbies with normal BMIs to get on the low carb treadmill!

I thought low-carb was good for diabetics? My Mum had to eat small amounts of carbs throughout the day (to avoid sugar highs/lows, I believe).

I had lunch with someone yesterday, whose Mum is a nutritionist here and VERY anti the diet. She says a lot of her new patients are ex-Dukaners now in yoyo/binge mode, and even one had to be hospitalised when her diabetes went out of control.

OK we know the risks of this diet, and it's one of the reason I for one do NOT encourage newbies with normal BMIs to get on the low carb treadmill!

Now I'm NOT knowledgeable about diets really - but do we have comparable figures for other diets - 'diets' in general, about the resulting yoyoing? So if 30% of her patiens are ex-dukaners but 30% of dieters in general are also dukaners, there is nothing to report?

Exactly, if you are that way inclined, you are that way inclined, unless you change your lifestyle for ever, which is what Dr D encourages us to do really.

I suspect Dukan is completely unsuitable for diabetics who have to careful regulate the amount of carbohydrates they eat day by day.

And all diets can have a yo-yo effect - I do worry about that. Basically it means you can never have a holiday from the diet, ever, because a.) your body will start to store fat again, just as it did before, and b.) psychologically it becomes harder and harder to return to the diet the longer you take a break from it.

I decided, when I started, to have a tweed suit tailored to fit when I have managed to stay at my goal weight for 6 months. That way I have a permanent commitment to staying that shape for the rest of my life! (tweed is pretty expensive and lasts for generations!)

Yes, re: clothes. I am gradually investing in a whole new wardrobe, as all I had from 'before' is size 16-18 and a lot of it is not wearable and not realistically take-in-able. I will keep the 16 clothes for now, of course. But I have spent more on clothes in the last 6 months than the last 6 years probably which is a pain on 'my budget', so they WILL HAVE TO FIT - or rather I will have to FIT THEM!
Luckily there is a fair bit of leeway in the size 12 trousers :D

OK here we go, the first official pictures of the Dukan Cinnamon goji 'Victoria' sponge.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 55
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 44
Well... as we've discussed elsewhere these numbers are quite meaningless and a Primark 14 is like a Monsoon 18-20 (?) or similar, substitute your fave/most hated shop and size at will...
I used to be 16-18 at least, at around 12st, I am now from 10(some bottoms)-14(some top) and I have only lost just under 2st.

You can see this lady has a slim waist, very hourglass shape, so if you took *that* measurement it might translate to a size 14 waist. you know what journalists are like! Well done to her achievement though!

See also the first comment on the page. It's all just numbers on paper.

oooooh Mouse... I shall look forward to tasting that ;)

Anja - you're absolutely right, and I told my friend similar. When people tell me what I'm eating can't be good for me, bla bla, before agreeing with them (if that's the easiest way out of the conversation), I usually laugh and say "you can't imagine what I'd be eating otherwise".

Atropos - your second paragraph is spot on in that I can never ever have a longterm holiday from "the diet", but it was the same before I discovered Dukan so I'd even go so far as to say "any diet".
The clothes thing didn't work for me - I bought an entire wardrobe at target weight, and only got rid of the last couple of sizes of the previous wardrobe a couple of years later. And still whacked it back on!
Fortunately where I don't agree with you is that, psychologically, I can climb back in the saddle each and every first day back without the slightest difficulty. Almost RELIEF... as Scrumps remarked herself.

Back