Daily chat...

Genius :)

Got away from work early for a bank appointment, expected it to last an hour but was in and out in 25 mins = nice wee early home :D

Afternoon!

Another lovely day here, the kids will sleep well tonight (so will the parents!)

Stuck in now as waiting for a phone call:mad:.

Hope everyone's OK and enjoying the sunshine.:)

Hi Laura, hope you're well - I won't mention the bunny :)

Thinking of taking the kids to Futurescope in the summer - was it you that said it's good?

Hi Laura, hope you're well - I won't mention the bunny :)

I didn't know it personally, so it doesn't count.:eek:

Thinking of taking the kids to Futurescope in the summer - was it you that said it's good?

Supposed to be really good, we will go but not this summer - hoping to meet up with my brothers, so not making definite plans. Kids have abandoned all ideas of Disney (yippee) in favour of Futuroscope, much to my relief as I think it will be much more interesting (and hopefully will have less queues). Will still make Paris a priority though:).

We're all fine and dandy, thanks. Husband still sore when he sits or changes position, but he's being brave;).

[Waggles her eyebrows in a meaningful way at the statistic appearing just to the left...]

Well done Atropos - what a great start to the day:D. So, conso...?

Another nice day here (from the look of things so far). Food and other shopping this morning, the worst way to spend a morning:(. Planning on a bit of a hike this afternoon if it's not too hot:).

Hope all have a good day:D.

I didn't get what you meant at first Atropos, as my phone doesn't show the bit towards the left but when I jumped on the computer I figured it out! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! My god, that first bit of bread/cheese/gala meal is going to taste AMAZING!!

Hello everybody - hope you're having a good day!!

Stress here, my MOT is apparently due a week earlier than I thought, so all my complicated arrangements to have it picked up, serviced and checked need re-arranging. Bleurgh.
Of course my paperwork to get a definite answer is at home - all the garage knows is that it was done on the 18th last year and I'm quite sure it is not due till the 28th....

I think a quick cycle home at lunchtime is in order to check for sure....

Longer diary post coming up as well....

I think if you do it a little earlier than the date it's due, then you keep the original expiry date. For example last year, it could have been due on the 18th, you got it done on the 10th. This year it would still be due on the 18th? I wouldn't panic just yet, not too much anyway!

All hands to the pumps today - work is manic, and tomorrow I have to take a 6am train to connect through to Eurostar to the South of France, and I'm barely packed!

It's a business event - but much more fun than that sounds, and with my new trimmer waist I may have overdone the clothes shopping a little!

ooooh how long will you be there? (unfortunate that your trip is coinciding with a change of weather... "coming in from the UK", they said on the weather report last night!)

Thanks Runnerbean - I have been to check it's not due till the 28th which is why I've always been okay with thinking 'the end of the month'. It was done on the 19th last year which is what he had on his system. Good of them to check but it would be nice if they recorded the actual expiry wouldn't it. Anyway, some welcome lunchtime exercise for me :)

Atropos - good luck with the packing! I'm sure you'll want to show off your new looks (and surely showing off is going to help staying on track as well?). I hope you have a good time, even if it is work!

ooooh how long will you be there? (unfortunate that your trip is coinciding with a change of weather... "coming in from the UK", they said on the weather report last night!)

Hmm not from here (East). Middling temps (20C) but no rain to speak of and mostly blazing blue skies (like now)

Until weds - so perhaps the weather will improve a little....

Atropos - good luck with the packing! I'm sure you'll want to show off your new looks (and surely showing off is going to help staying on track as well?). I hope you have a good time, even if it is work!

Thanks Anja - I'm going to do my best on all counts, (to show off, to stay on track, to have fun!)

Back