Daily chat...

Morning!

It rained yesterday, much excitement! Nice again today, but cooler and quite windy. Even more exciting, went to the cinema with husband and no children (doesn't happen often).

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.:D

It's blazing hot here in the South of France, and not at all diet friendly - no fridges, having to grab food when offered or go hungry all night, and some awful temptations (champagne! at sunset!). But I'm doing my best)

Best of luck with that. Is there nice seafood and things at least?

I love champagne, had to put the bottles I got for xmas in the cupboard rather than the fridge, no temptation if its not chilled.

Oooh Atropos - how fabulous! You lucky thing you!
Warm champagne, what a lovely thought (like "warm beer" English people seem to like!! haaa!)

HI GUYS, God it seems like forever since I dropped by :) Missed u all!
Good news my mum just had surgery again and she didnt end up in ICU again :) and we have booked to go back to KL in July and I plan on shoving my new body in front of my inlaws and saying **UM Whos the fatty now B*tch ** lol :) Still want to get a few kilos off but OMG if they tell me Im fat I will sit on them all and show NO mercy!
Hope everyones doing well???? Its so nice here today but getting so cold at night, Canberra was -6 the other night, Bit too cold.
Have a great night and day guys :) xxxxxxxxx

Hello Vickki - and lovely to see you. I'm really pleased that your Mum's surgery went well. Good for you re returning to KL showing off your Dukan body ;)

Thanks to you we keep this daily chat alive... I wonder how Atropos is doing in the South... France is due another hot spell (which won't suit my blocked nose at all! when it's cooler, I can breathe!).

I'm off to the UK Friday evening, Vickki, FINALLY for my cousin's funeral. 25 days after he passed... shocking timing.

Hey Vickki, I seem to have joined since you last posted but I've seen some of your posts around. And you're in Aus too, me and my (aussie) hubby are moving to Sydney next year sometime!

SERIOUSLY?!! My manager has just dumped 3 tubs of chocolate bites things on my desk...I just said you're so cruel, get them away from me! So now they're on a desk with the boys who can eat them! I will not have any! To be honest, I don't even feel like any, even though they're just there, but you know, arms reach and all that... :)

Oh runner Bean - well done, and WHY exactly did that happen? Is/was it a usual occurrence, just you're saying no thank you these days? Did he/she think it would be a treat, or were they actively trying to sabotage your diet (we all know those people)

Anyway, well done!

Hello Daily chat from me too - no, I've not disappeared, just busy at work and at home as usual. I really wanted to post on Monday in the 'today is a good day' thread but never got round to it... Anyway TODAY is another good day, even if I am at work...

I think it was just because they were left over from a management meeting., and as I'm the PA/co ordinator for the team I guess I'm the most central person. I'm hoping it's not a regular occurance! My massive water intake has been noted though...haha.

It's weird, I think about food a lot, about the food I'd love to be able to eat but I don't actually feel like eating any of that food. It's like I tease myself just so that my head can say, but if you have that you'll feel rubbish when you step on the scales so why bother? I can tell my "tastes" are changing though, like say I were to have a sandwich for lunch (when I can) I feel like I'd eat half and then judge whether I'm hungry for the second half, if not then it'll go away for a snack later or part of my dinner, or even the next day's lunch. Whereas before, I'd have just eaten it all as I saw a sandwich as a portion no matter what my hunger if that makes sense? Or ice cream, instead of settling in for the night to share a tub with hubby, put a scoop in a bowl, if I want more I can have it but by not having the whole tub there at once I probably won't and don't feel like I can now. Although ice cream, except for a gala night is a very long way off right now!

Last edited:
Afternoon!

Vickki, great that your Mum managed to avoid ICU, fabulous boost for you. Enjoy your visit and showing off the fabulous new you (bet your inlaws are lost for words:)).

RunnerBean - everyone who has ever dieted must have encountered someone who tries to sabotage (deliberately or not). Keep strong!

Jo, I can't believe that the funeral is so far off - so hard to get some closure for you all. xxx

I'm a bit absent too, sorry:eek:. Combination of things, nothing bad, just busy. Need to catch up on diaries properly too.

Anyway, hope all have a great day (warm and sunny here again, so nice:)).

Hi Laura, good to hear from you. Vickki good news about your poor Mum - she deserves a bit of good luck with her health. As for those in laws, you should have sat on them when you were bigger - far more effective - no good now you are a skinny minny

Last edited:
Just back from lunch and it's scorching out there (or perhaps just because it seems that way with a concrete jungle). People seem happier when the sun's out too! Mind you I saw a few people wearing full length rain coats, so don't know what that's all about.

I had a very nice steak + double portion of green beans. My very last Muller Lite from Easter week is my pudding... (I won't even wonder what goes into them for them to be eternal ha ha!). I can see I'm coming over just in time to fill the fridge up again!

Vickki - just because there were apparently so many deaths that royal wedding weekend that there was a backlog. Horrid but true!

Nice to see a friend at lunchtime.

I have to admit, I was in coat and scarf whilst out on my lunchtime walk today. I didn't really need it whilst walking, but it got very chilly in the wind whilst sitting eating!

Where are you RB?

Back