Daily chat...

Hi guys! I thought I'd join in the banter. I've finally arrived in Romania for my voluntary work! Its so warm here! started attack today, supposed to have last week. but mum just kept tempting me everyday with "One last meal..." (curry, fish and chips, shepherds pie, - basically all the things I love that I wont get for 2.5 months!) It's been so much easier to start Dukan here as I;m on my own. Had a danone fat free yoghurt with oatbran this morning. Bloomin' oatbran! At the weekend, I went around Waitrose, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, M&S food, Holland and Barrat to find oatbran to bring with me. Sold out everywhere and H&B told me they're discontinuing it! So i was sad and thought maybe the whole of Leicester is on Dukan! but then on monday morning, a man turns up with his van and lo and behold! Mornflake oatbran sprinkles! My mum ordered them as a grocery shop for me from Sainsbury's website whilst she was working! and they came within 2 hours of ordering! She ordered me EIGHT tubes of the stuff!LOL So now I have a huge stash! Mums know best. If I'd thought of that, it would have saved me an entire weekend!
I just steamed some prawns, cuttlefish and mussels. and didn't have anything other than chilli flakes that i brought along with me from home! My mouth is on FIREEEE!! Chilli flakes - great alternative to laxatives! and great excuse to drink more water! hahaha What are everyone's plans for this evening? I'm heading to the gym after such a long time! :-S

oooh Weightykaty (lovely name) - remind us what you're doing in Romania?

Maintainer- I'm in London at the minute! It might not be that cold really though, I think I may be coming down with a cold as the last few days I just haven't been able to warm up, and I think that 2 and a half weeks into the diet is a bit late to start getting ketosis flu!

It's just normal oatbran in that bag - sorry to disappoint.

maintainer - thanks! I'm a medical student in my final year. I'm doing some voluntary work with Romanian kids. I arrived here yesterday.
runnerbean - I love London! Come rain or shine! Maybe take some multivitamins to help out your immune system? Especially vitamin C, about 1000mg per day.
I've got a banging headache today! So for me it's too early to be a keto-headache as I only started the diet today! But when I was on Atkins, it took me about 2 weeks before I felt "better"!

Wk - It'll be very interesting to hear more about your daily life. As a medical student, however, I'm intrigued at your choice to start such a diet as Dukan with a low BMI, something even the diet's official website does not recommend! It does mess with your metabolism, and require quite a lengthy and serious period of consolidation, before stabilisation for life, if one hopes for a chance of truly stabilising the loss. As I said, as a medical person, I'm interested at your choice as I've seen so many lose / disappear / return with more than they started with.

Morning!

Another hot day today, I think - it's warm already. Eaten a few cherries from a friend's tree (didn't steal them - we're welcome to help ourselves) then remembered it was Thursday:eek:. Never mind.

Off to tidy up the garden, then the house, then paperwork. Hope everyone's OK and all have a good day.:)

I am coveting the cherries on my little tree - I will eat the ruddy things (there aren't that many)!

Last edited:
Robin - are these nice sweet cherries? (Or those little tiny sour ones?). Where we're planting our veg this year is right alongside a row of sour cherry trees and we've been invited to help ourselves. Hmm... teeny tiny sour things (not ready yet either).

Mouse - <hands on ears so that I didn't hear what you just said!>

Did you see re Quark in my diary? My sister's found me some, so thank you for your offer, but no need to lug it around now!

I survived!
6 days of insane schedules and to much temptation - and all of it in the blazing sun.

After 2 days I had to accept that I couldn't stick 100% to the diet. It wasn't so much the temptations as the schedule; 4 hours sleep, no access to a fridge from 6 am to 1 am (so any snacks I managed to buy in the supermarket were festering by midday!), and the realisation that if I didn't eat what was on offer I would not eat at all until the following morning.

So I just did what I could, avoided the worst excesses, and resigned myself to a little longer in cruise when I got back. No drama.

Exhausted now!

Hello everyone!
Maintainer, yes I'm in the healthy BMI. I started at a size 14, size 32 G bra! 59kg with 30% body fat which makes me clinically obese! (even though I don't look obese!) All my fat is centered around my tummy and it's a high risk for heart disease that runs in my family. I suffer from severe back pain with sciatica and my GP told me to lose some weight. I think my weight and bmi are not a good indicators for me because I have such a tiny skeleton. My wrists are only just 5 inches :-(

Robin and mouse all I can say is *drool* I love cherries!

Jo - massive dark red cherries - wouldn't bother with sour ones. Eaten far too many this morning. Off to pick more this evening:eek:. Boring but busy afternoon for me.

Have a good weekend everyone and Jo, safe trip. xxx

I ate my lunch at a table with a humungous bag of cherries with a "Help Yourself" notice on :(

Weighty - when you say 30% fat, is that morning or afternoon? I can't remember now what my stats are but they're totally different in the afternoon to the morning when I'm dehydrated. I also thought those sort of measurements on scales weren't very accurate depending on whether one was pear or apple shaped? I might have all that wrong though cos I only really look at the weight part!

It's nice to be back - although I'll probably spend most of tomorrow asleep!

It looks as if I put on 2 lbs, but fingers crossed a lot of the that will be water retention and over excitement!

Hmmmm cherries.

I woke up on Wednesday morning to discover that someone had left a box of huge dark sweet cherries in the apartment kitchen. Oh dear. :)

Back