Daily chat...

Are you there much longer? Running out of food on a Monday?!!
I was ok in the end! I can usually hang on at work by drinking black coffee if I'm desperate. I sacrificed the gym before work for a lay in, so made for it at lunchtime which meant I ate my lunch really early to make sure I got through it!

We seem to be having cases of people eating other people's food out of the fridge, so I daren't put too much in there! Although I have found that no one touches my cottage cheese etc! Just people's lovely yogurts and fruit salads and things!

I've had a bit of a rollercoaster few weeks, but am well and truly back on track now. :)

And Gold Coast is lovely, my hubby's from Brisbane and we hope to move over to Aus in the next few years or so. If this is what summer is like though, I'm not sure I can make it through another British winter! I'm very jealous of you Scrumper! Good luck for your move!

Extraordinary weather - I woke up shivering in Northumberland - jumper on, fire lit - and by 4pm I was sweltering in a stalled train in record temps outside York.

With thunderstorms predicted for the rest of the week....

Hey guys, sorry for not posting for a while but my computer was (and still is) down. I have been following you all though on my phone app and wanted to share with you that I have now lost 21 lbs :) I am so chuffed! I am still tired though because I am sleeping so badly. Could this be down to the diet and if so how do I combat it?

Atropos I live in Northumberland and it was hotter than hell last night and today in the tyne valley! big county I know but where is yr cottage?

Anyhoo I must update my stats:)
xxx

Welcome back Splendarella!

I was in Bellingham on Saturday night - and actually lit a fire (the walls are 6 feet and hold the chill) - then by midday I was melting like a dropped icecream on a hot pavement

I am currently melting like that ice cream, Atropos! It's about 37° in the shade.

Still walking tonight though, we have replanned the route so that it's mostly shady, but are eating beforehand as it's too hot to set off as early as planned.

I have ordered Dukan cheddar flavouring - I know it sounds gross but.....I will let you know what it's like!

Hi guys, :) Oh mousy that sounds yucky, Hope it tastes good though.
2 Weeks to go guys, I will be boarding the plane this time in 2 weeks, Yippeee, Mousy you coming? Ive left room in my hand luggage for you :) But cant promise Dukan friendly food in Malaysia!!! God knows I will be living on noodles :(
Hope everyone's doing well today, Im off to bed now, School holidays start Friday....aagghhhh.
Have a great day guys xxxx

Well my flavourings have arrived. Well, considering the amount of effort we all go to to find flavourings that look suitable, I am quite shocked at the ingredients!!!! I don't think we need to bother worrying about it if these official ones are meant to be ok!

Looking forward to hearing how the cheese one tastes. I know on the official French website, way back when, he'd say that since one only used a couple of drips of the concentrated ones... :D

Good Morning guys :) Oh mousy when did you get to goal? Geeze Im slack for not noticing!! Well done, Im still struggling to get my last kgs off!! Oh you will be fine, I will make you fit in my hand luggage :)
Have a great day guys!! xxxxxxxxxx

That was just my first goal - not decided what my ultimate goal will be yet, so not changed it!

Yes, the two I got, orange and strawberry are so strong you only use three or four drops. The orange is really nice, I use it in bread or muffins along with spices, or in sweetened yogurt. The strawberry tastes very artificial. Cheddar? When did the French start making cheddar!

They quote it in their recipes quite a lot, as well as chevre which I quite fancied but is no in the English shop. I did ask why not and they made cheddar available! I have put some in my bread for my breakfast butty!

Mmm I like the cheddar flavour in my bread (from the bottle it smells just like cheesy wotsits!) although I think I was a little too cautious and could have done with another drop!

however long I live here, cheese will always smell like feet to me :D

mouse - you must remind me to give you the address of that little shop I found for the food flavourings for when you're over. It's near Les Halles shopping centre, in the rue Montorgeuil area, so definitely worth a visit if only to see those two things!

Vickki - great to have vacation on the horizon...

I'm off to the country tonight, to rejoin my Dad, his three friends and my other half. Monday I must make an appointment for a jaw rewiring ;)

A quiet evening alone - 'quiet' meaning shopping on the way home from work for a gift for my cat sitter (leaving them here as they hate "people"!); then stripping beds; laundry; putting lounge back to rights (was nice to sleep in my bed last night); then watching four (five?) episodes of Eastenders (shhh) one after the other ;)

Oh blimey I remember when they used to do that!! I can't imagine having my jaw wired - and not as easy for the celebs to hide as a gastric band:D

It's interesting - the question many people ask on here when someone says that something is limited and they say that they can't see it in the book!

Well I was reading the latest official live chat and someone asked that question - this is what was said:

Emmamillerfouchet : Dear SonjaWhere can i find the information about how many things I can eat a week, eg; only 5 egg yolks as you just mentioned to Gabriel?I read the book and there was no mention of limit in there (unless you have cholestoral)!Sorry if it was in the book and I missed it but now I am worried I am eating too much of the allowed foods!thank you again
default.png
sonja : Hi again Emma! Actually the Dukan Diet evoluates quite a lot and this is why the coaching is here for. To give you new information about tolerated, how much food you have to eat etc... If you have doubt about a product please don't hesitate to ask and we will be really glad to help you in this. Keep going and have a very nice evening!

Mmm a bit of an advert for the coaching, which I am not advocating, but I do think that if you can bear the English, the live chat is worth having a nose at from time to time, as I have picked things up from there - although you do need to accept the fact that they sometimes contradict themselves over things e.g. yoghurts!

I eat tons more too; I'm just explaining the kinds of things they come up with, which I (and others) sometimes come up with, and people ask why it's not in the book. :) Things to maybe think about if you are stalling.

Back