Daily chat...

I won't be seperating eggs. The yolks the best bit and I think we've cut quite enough out of our diet already :)

They're not saying to separate them - they're saying you can have unlimited whites and up to 5 yolks, but I along with many others choose to ignore this!

I'm watching my cholesterol so have lots of egg whites, have started using only egg whites in oat bran pancakes and they still taste good!

Now I have looked up this egg debate - and the official advice (not just from the egg producers) is: it's not necessary to limit your egg (yolk) intake unless specifically advised to do so by your doctor. 2-a day is fine in the context of a healthy diet.

Of course if you're trying to keep your general nutritional intake low (like on a PP day in conso / stab) then leaving out the egg yolk may be an idea as it cuts out most of the calorific value and fat/cholesterol content of the egg, but it also cut out most useful nutrients except protein.

A really superficial google search gave me info, mainly from 2009, from the following sources:

NHS:
Egg safety

British Hear Foundation (2011)
British Heart Foundation - Eggs and cholesterol

The Mail online:
Eating two eggs a day could CUT your cholesterol and help you lose weight | Mail Online

AND (these more likely to put a positive spin on things!)
the poultry site:
http://www.thepoultrysite.com/poultrynews/17099/lifting-the-limits-on-egg-intake

British Lion Eggs:
Healthy Egg :: Cholesterol

Of course this diet is not exactly balanced in Attack and Cruise, as far as general nutrition advice goes so hopefully the 5-a week advice from Dukan is based on **some** scientific / medical research????

HI GUYS :)
I use frozen egg whites :) Too lazy to separate them!
OHHHH guys 5 sleeps to go then Malaysia here I come with my swimsuit :)
Had my hair keratined yesterday so Im not a fuzz ball while Im there, I HOPE!
I even got up at 6am this week to get to the gym!! I NEVER go to the gym in school holidays!! BUT I did and very happy with myself :)
Anyone want to come on holiday with me? Mousy Ive left room in my case for you :)
Hope everyone's doing well! Its been a bit freezing in Sydney this week.... so longing warmer weather!!
Have a great weekend guys! Bedtime soon for me :)
xxxxxxxx

I'd like to see pictures of these afro heads!!!

I must admit that this warm muggy weather plays havoc with my hair too as I must sweat through my head/neck while I power walk! Not the best look so I thought I'd go for the shaggy unkempt look at the last wash, and that's little better!

Vickki - have a lovely holiday! Any word from Bren?

Morning guys, :) I get to wash my hair tomorrow and see how the keratin works, Cant wait!! For the last 2 days theres NO frizzy and looks so super straight, Hope it stays like this or even gives me my curls back with zero frizz, When I straighten my hair ANY humidity, water etc makes it fro....LOL. If this does what its s'posed to I will get it done every 6mths, SO over gollywog hair!!

No I haven't heard from Bren at all, Hope shes ok!

Have a great day/night guys, Mines just starting :(
xxxxxxxxxxx

Happy holidays, Vickki:). Hope your hair behaves!

Another hot one here today, need to tidy the garden - not motivated - too hot already. Maybe tomorrow.

Another hike planned tonight - should be cooler then.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Just reviving the chat thread - it seems to have got buried!

Looks like the warm weather's on it's way back at last - I'm not a sunworshipper, but it's unnatural to be wearing jumpers in july!

In other news - I am near the conso half way point. No idea how I'll fit in TWO galas and TWO starch meals. Who'd have thought eating could become such hard work :D

Looks like the warm weather's on it's way back at last - I'm not a sunworshipper, but it's unnatural to be wearing jumpers in july!

In other news - I am near the conso half way point. No idea how I'll fit in TWO galas and TWO starch meals. Who'd have thought eating could become such hard work :D

Sunny here too in South Wales, makes a pleasant change. At least the kids can play out now.

Just been reading your conso posts, it all looks so confusing. My book says two celebration meals and two starch a week from the outset of conso. Are you following an older plan?

Forget what I just said lol I misread it. How the heck are you going to fit all that food in?

Easy peasy... "in my day", it was like that from the outset... just think how we used to eat "in our previous lives"? Starch + gala every day most likely!!

Joanne that is so true. When I look at what I am eating at the moment compared to the sheer volume I was eating before I cannot quite understand how I wasn't sick !

I unfortunately, while having lost most of my weight, have kept my incredible ability to devour massive quantities of food...

If eating were an olympic sport, I'd be a CHAMPION!

(Protein is very filling, mind... and ketosis helps keep us on the straight and narrow.)

Home time YAY!

Today I'm meeting Mouse from the forum for lunch :D It's actually our fourth meeting. We first met 18 months ago in my Dad's home town in the UK, then at her home (with Scrumper), then again in my Dad's home town, and this time she's in France on holiday :D

I'll be taking her to a Dukan friendly place, more for me than her this time!

Back