Daily chat...

just think how we used to eat "in our previous lives"? Starch + gala every day most likely!!

It were the starch what did it, yer honour

Thinking back just a few months....

B: Sandwich or toast (no butter)
L: Sandwich + with salad or soup
Dinner: Pasta, beans or rice
Snack: fruit or nuts

And if I still had the ww points a small cake with tea!

All within my ww points, all looking reasonable on the plate, all pushing my weight up, lb by lb, all leaving me starving hungry and dipping into a jar of dried fruit in the evening...

On WW, I lived on point free soup and spent my points on rubbish!

Morning all :)

Just got back from my 30 minute walk with the dog. My mum, who lives with us, usually takes her and I go if I am up. However, she is on holiday this week so I am making an effort to do it myself.

Looks like we are going to have another warm day. The kids are all still asleep so it is nice and quiet, for now!

Joanne have a lovely lunch/meet today.

Atropos (sorry, don't know your name) that pretty much looks the same as my diet when I tried WW. Also SW used to be red and green days, I always did green days which were mostly carb based, probably explained why I never had much success with that one either.

On WW, I lived on point free soup and spent my points on rubbish!

Yup - sounds like me! I used to eat so much point-free soup I sloshed as I trolled towards Boots to buy a bar of chocolate.

That's why WW changed their plan, I think, to make it higher protein for a start (nothing to do with Dukan, I'm sure ;)), and they also made it more advantageous to eat fruit than curly wurlies!

I had a lovely Dukan lunch with Mouse. (We each had salmon + three veggies, then fat free fromage blanc and black coffee.) She's such a nice person! awh!

She's now heading off to Les Halles, and to find that fabulous little shop which sells all sorts of wonderful food flavourings:
G. Detou in Paris | David Lebovitz

We meet again tomorrow evening, with our partners and her almost adult kids, for dinner at Hippopotamus (also Dukan friendly! GO ME!!) :D

I wish we had Dukan friendly restaurants here in Aberdeen but unfortunately we don't :(

Good Morning guys :) Oh I used to do that on WW too guys...LOL Loved my crunchie bars!! Hope everyones going good, I have another week in KL, SOOOO over carbs guys..Can feel fat again....lol Will be good to get home and jump back on 100% Dukan. Shopping been great and that always means a lot of walking so I guess thats one good thing :) and I was told yesterday that my daughter will be a fatty boom boom like me, OMG are u serious?? Dam silly skinny asian families!!
Missed u guys heaps :) Hope mousy and maintainers lunch went well :)
Have a great day/night guys xxxxxxxxxxx

Lovely to hear from you Vickki and great that your holiday is going well (and STILL another week to go!!). I hear you re carbs. Hope you've not regained too much!! Lunch with Mouse yesterday was lovely. Tonight dinner with the whole Mouse family and my other half.

Dukan friendly resto just means having to avoid everything I'd sooner order on the menu, and choosing steak + green beans (cos even their salad tends to have ingredients I can't have!)... I don't even look at the menu, just order, to avoid temptation!!

'fraid not jaq.

I had a lovely evening with Mouse and her family.
More in my diary...

Mouse + family went to the tower after leaving us to see her lights shimmer (as they do every hour on the hour for five mins once it's dark)...

Very pretty
‪Eiffel Tower Shimmer‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited:
Back!

After 3 WEEKS of no internet connection (firstly told was dodgy box, got a new one after 10 days, still didn't work, then told that it was the phone line, which has just been fixed in the last half hour) or telephone (I have no mobile, husband's didn't work here despite them saying it did, blah, blah. We are now with another supplier (husband has new mobile that works and I'll be getting one soon as having no phone is scary), so will be back properly soon (after holidays but first week spent here with brother/s so may pop on) as I have to do the admin stuff that has built up (ie boring) before I can do anything for me, there's also the tiny matter of getting the house visitor-ready.

So welcome to the new people and hello to the others, hope everyone's doing well and I'll be back soon!

Hi Laura, my last full day in France! Went to Futuroscope yesterday which was good and a good thing to do on a dodgy weather day! The rain has stopped now so hoping to do something after lunch. Going out tonight - got to try to appease both kids - one wants plain food (no fish), the other wants to eat something French :)

hi Laura hun glad you back and you have a phone !!!!

oooooo I'm sleepy. Heat kept me awak til 2 last night, I have to go home and curl up [yawn]

i spent last night watching it on the news so awful , cant believe the do gooding crowd expect us to feel sorry for these mindless little thugs

I'm glad I dont have a car, am sure insurance will be going through the roof the number of burnt out ones I passed this morning.

i know awful isnt it ...i hard the bins banging in our carpark about 2am and though oh god my car !!! but it was a fat seagull i think

This part-time do-gooder has been trying to point out for years that we have small but utterly vicious groups of feral child gangsters in our cities.

They been murdering each other (and innocent bystanders) for over a decade. Now they have gone "shopping" with a crowbar in one hand and lighter fuel in the other.

Kids who think nothing of shooting and crippling a 5 year-old in a newsagents, in broad daylight, or knifing a rival to death in the midst of Victoria Station in the rush hour aren't going to think twice about torching cars or kicking in doors.

Answers? - no f*****g clue right now.

But how can the police justifiy the millions spent on containing climate change protestors and anarchists (however irritating and crusty) and yet they can't use the same techniques to control 150 snotty teens with hoodies and blackberries.

My sister-in-law is a special constable - she's just been called back from holiday to be on duty tonight.

Sorry about the rant - and my comments about the police are NOT directed at the individual men and women who are trying to contain this lunacy.

Back