daily mail

I know thats the thing with coffee - i have been caffeine fre since 31st december so dont really want to go back down that road!

Does anyone else find it more confusing or is it just me? lol. It's kinda like the book Dr Charles Clark published after the success of The High Protein Diet, I can't remember the exact title but it was about higher protein that includedc fruits, brown rice, yoghurt etc.

Haven't got my copy yet Lyn. Should be here tomorrow. Is it incorporating all the things 'the world' thinks Atkinseers should be eating??

I've been looking on line and reading a few articles and it sounds remarkably like the GI diet, talk about high and low glycemic foods etc..

Looks like it to me love. A very watered down form of the original Atkins to me.

Well yes, I'm only confident giving advice on the original Atkins really, that's what worked for me.

I think it sounds quite interesting I would love eat different verg - and fruit not eaten any in 6 months!!

xx

in reply to an earlier post, (ditzeeblonde) you can get green coffee extract tablets which are decaffienated but are supposed to help with weight loss. I use Lamberts Pure Green Coffee extract and i seem to notice more of a loss when i take them than when i dont - even if it's just half a pound.

I still think it's going to be very hard to advise anyone if they follow it though.

I agree, it seems like a lot of the rules have changed. I think I'll stick to what I know.

as for the coffee tablets, its something to do with the 'chemicals' in the raw coffee bean which stops you using all your glucose stores from food, so you're not using the caffeine. so, i think(!), by taking the tablet with your carbiest meal, it stops your body absorbing all the glucose in the carbs, which, as we know, is what turns to fat - this doesn't mean you can cheat! If i thought i could eat fresh bread and take those tablets instead of doing the diet....!

Book arrived this morning & only had a fleeting glimpse, looks fairly similar so far apart from you can choose which phase to start in, lean cuts of meat are allowable, 2 approaches to lifetime maintenance.

Induction is still 20 carbs per day but alot more allowable veggies... tomatoes, onions & peppers included for example!

Will update as I find it but so far it seems fairly similar... so far looks pretty good. x

Surely tomatoes and onions are allowed anyway they just very carby?

Hmm, interesting.

Back