Daily Syns

Hi girls. I'm a sw consultant myself and would never tell someone how many syns they should use as the 15 are there if you need them. The whole purpose of syns is to take the guilt out of slimming and having a bit of what you fancy each day does us the world of good. We'd advise between 5 and 15 a day as a rule and as you're nearing your target probably best to stick to around 10.

For men and slightly more overweight women they can have an allowance of more than 15 although this is usually at the consultants discretion and again needs to be reduced as he/she loses the weight.

Some good advice is this, if you are losing weight nicely by having 15 syns each day then why change anything? When you're losses slow down a bit then try reducing to 12 and then 10.

But please please please don't go without the things you love because you're unnesessarily limiting your syns, it's not cheating, it's allowing you to live your life.

Think this site is amazing!

Thank you for that answer angel :) Always good to have things explained. Our consultant says 5-15, but start with 10 to see how we go. I have always had 70 a week. Now and previous times. It seems about right. Plus it means because I know I could go to 105, i do not feel guilty going up to 80 :)

Hi girls. I'm a sw consultant myself and would never tell someone how many syns they should use as the 15 are there if you need them. The whole purpose of syns is to take the guilt out of slimming and having a bit of what you fancy each day does us the world of good. We'd advise between 5 and 15 a day as a rule and as you're nearing your target probably best to stick to around 10.

For men and slightly more overweight women they can have an allowance of more than 15 although this is usually at the consultants discretion and again needs to be reduced as he/she loses the weight.

Some good advice is this, if you are losing weight nicely by having 15 syns each day then why change anything? When you're losses slow down a bit then try reducing to 12 and then 10.

But please please please don't go without the things you love because you're unnesessarily limiting your syns, it's not cheating, it's allowing you to live your life.

Think this site is amazing!

Thanks for that Angelslice

Was baffled by my first night at class when she said all women have between 5 and 7!!
She seems lovely lady but dare I say a bit on the old side! Also told me not to do the extra easy plan which is what i wanted to do as it seemed "simple to follow" she never asked what my goal weight was - never even discussed my weight!?

Oh well see what happens this week its early days!

But thanks again for your info ;o)

They don't tend to discuss your goal yet. You decide that in time. They just give your your 10% weight loss to aim for :)

Yup... Fuffs is right. I been doing this since last april but I still not settled on a target weight!! I was aiming for 11stones as this is what i got to last SW attempt!! This is now my mini goal. I can't make my mind up whether I want to get to 10 stone or stick at 10.7. I shall see how i feel when I get there. Though, if I decide to aim for 10 stone my target will be 9.13, just so I can say I've been in the 9's!!!!! LOL!!!! I don't think I've been in the 9's since my early teens!!!

I start the week with 105 (15 x 7) and count down, that way if I go over one day (yorkshire puddings and gravy are a must sometimes!!) then I don't feel like I've ruined a whole week.

For example, Monday night I had 48! and for the rest of this week I've had about 5 per day! Not sure the flexi syns thing is for everyone, but it seems to be ok for me.

This is what i do too, i weigh in on a Wednesday then on Thurs & Fri i tend to keep my syns low so i can use more over the weekend!

Yup... Fuffs is right. I been doing this since last april but I still not settled on a target weight!! I was aiming for 11stones as this is what i got to last SW attempt!! This is now my mini goal. I can't make my mind up whether I want to get to 10 stone or stick at 10.7. I shall see how i feel when I get there. Though, if I decide to aim for 10 stone my target will be 9.13, just so I can say I've been in the 9's!!!!! LOL!!!! I don't think I've been in the 9's since my early teens!!!

lol....I can understand the 9st 13 I idea. I have been told before that at my height I should be 12 st 8. I am aiming for 12 st 13, as I will be happy just to be in the 12's. But, like you have done, I will see how I feel when I am near it.

Well done so far. I am sure you will be sniffing the 9's before you know it lol

Thanks for that Angelslice

Was baffled by my first night at class when she said all women have between 5 and 7!!
She seems lovely lady but dare I say a bit on the old side! Also told me not to do the extra easy plan which is what i wanted to do as it seemed "simple to follow" she never asked what my goal weight was - never even discussed my weight!?

Oh well see what happens this week its early days!

But thanks again for your info ;o)

Hi Tracey, me again!

When you're next in group ask the consultant why she advised you steer clear of extra easy. I'm just curious to know as this was brought in specifically for new members. Sometimes the structure of the other plans can confuse new members and so they made it 'extra easy' for them to follow, then realised existing members would also benefit from such a plan. If it's something you think fits better into your life and something you want to try I would definitely do it. I don't want to tread on your consultants toes but extra easy is for everyone and I want you to get the benefits.
Sometimes consultants are also nervous of change and it's taken some a while to get to trusting extra easy themselves so it may be a case of you and other members showing her that it can be done and you will do her proud!!!

Back