Dairy-Free Desserts -Any ideas?

GoForIt

Hello everyone,

I am intolerant to milk, cheese, cream, yoghurt... the works! And all the recipes I come across for low-Syn desserts (and, in fact, main meals) include very low fat fromage frais, Mullerlight yoghurt, quark, etc and I don't know what to use as a substitute for this, or of any other desserts that don't require these substitutes.

Just to clarify, I can have eggs. (Some people classify them in the dairy category.)

Have any of you more experienced SW slimmers (I'm new to all this) ever come across, or indeed created, low-Syn, dairy-free, dessert alternatives?

:)

I'm allergic to milk and obviously anything with it so will quite often have a fruit salad or syn a sorbet (obviously has to be dairy free) and serve it with strawberries.
There's a recipe knocking around for a chocolate mousse using silken tofu and cocoa powder but I wasn't that keen and some people say the tofu should be synned.

I know what you mean about everything having quark etc in. My husband eats loads of muller lights yet I have to syn an alpro yoghurt!

Another one I've made is rice pudding using kara coconut milk as hexa

Thanks for replying!

That Kara coconut milk is delicious! I didn't realise it could be used as a healthy extra! That is most interesting...

If I'm honest, fruit salad doesn't seem very special and I don't see it as a treat. Do you always get served fruit salad at weddings and events for dessert too? It's so unimaginative of them! We don't have a choice about restrictions but, theoretically, they can use any substitute ingredients (when we're not slimming). Anyway, that's my little rant over with! I do like strawberries with a meringue nest though. :)

Back