Dairy of a Cuckoo

The tattoo went well - was in there nearly 2 hours was a labour of love and the second sitting for this one after having it done originally in colour and not liking it. So had to endure lots of shading and black, white and grey colouring. Hence by the time I came out and met up with the kids and had been to the opticians and picked a few 'bits' up from market by the time I got home had to ship out to Tesco pharmacy to get this weeks nicotine patches. It was going on for 6pm, kids where dragging their tongues behind them complaining of starvation and hubbs was sitting at home looking at a plate of fresh air for dinner.
So chippy it was, I chose wisely and had a chop suey for (according to info online) 7 syns. So I'm pretty chuffed with myself I could of easily eaten my own head which would of been loaded with syns considering I have a fat head :)

Im using some syns tonight for treats trying to make it a normal Friday as possible.... But there's not much normal in our house :D

Hello, just thought I'd say 'hi' and well done on stopping the smoking and drinking! :) I quit smoking years ago, but drink far too much, although I've not been able to drink since the weekend as I've been poorly. Quite refreshing really, and it got me thinking that I'm gonna try and go til Christmas at least without!! We'll see how that goes!! :D

Anyway, have loved your diary so far and will pop back to see how you are getting along!! :)

Hello, just thought I'd say 'hi' and well done on stopping the smoking and drinking! :) I quit smoking years ago, but drink far too much, although I've not been able to drink since the weekend as I've been poorly. Quite refreshing really, and it got me thinking that I'm gonna try and go til Christmas at least without!! We'll see how that goes!! :D

Anyway, have loved your diary so far and will pop back to see how you are getting along!! :)

Thank you Emz <3 believe me if I thought my will power could handle it I'd be off my face fissed as a part now :D but I just know I'd want a truck load of smokes after a few bevvies. I must admit it is nice knowing where you are when you wake up without having half a kebab on your head and chilli sauce in your ear hole ;).

youre doing sooooo well girl!...I'm impressed and have decided to stalk your diary for the foreseeable future, and no doubt offer no support whatsoever but plenty of nonsense and randomness :)

Saturday 3rd November 2012
Green

Breakfast/Brunch - a trillion coffees (HexA) 2 slices of bread from a small hovis loaf (HexB) toasted then spread with quark mixed with marmite.

Dinner - Mashed potato (no added milk/butter) mushy peas, onions poached in water with a chicken oxo (1 syn) peppercorns and quark, Linda McCartney sausages x2 (3 syns)

snacks - ff Greek yoghurt mixed with sweetener sugar and poured over grapes
a tomato mugshot
2 pieces of small hovis bread (HexB)
wotsits wafflers (4 syns)

Total syns: 8

Last edited:
dacuckoo said:
Thank you Emz <3 believe me if I thought my will power could handle it I'd be off my face fissed as a part now :D but I just know I'd want a truck load of smokes after a few bevvies. I must admit it is nice knowing where you are when you wake up without having half a kebab on your head and chilli sauce in your ear hole ;).

youre doing sooooo well girl!...I'm impressed and have decided to stalk your diary for the foreseeable future, and no doubt offer no support whatsoever but plenty of nonsense and randomness :)

Hahah, I know the feeling of waking up covered in all sorts well! In my college days I would often wake up not even knowing where I was (shhhh, don't tell my dad, he thinks I'm a good girl!!)! :D. Not happened for a while though, thank god!

Stalk away, and please do offer any support, and/or randomness, I feel like I talk to myself most of the time hahaha!! Xxx

Sunday 4th November 2012
green

Breakfast - coffee and lots of it (hexA)

Lunch - carrots and turnips, Brussel sprouts, boiled potatoes, dry roasted potatoes, small Yorkshire pudding (2 syns), lean tender loin pork (hexB), gravy made from chicken oxo and onions blended (1 syn).

Dinner - 2 small slices of bread from hovis (hexB) spread with quark mixed with boiled egg and black pepper, French fries (4.5 syns)

then went and wrecked it all with a piece of New York vanilla cheese cake and a slab of toffee apple cake .....oh and the bowl of sugared popcorn and tortilla chips and BBQ dip..
at least I'm honest!... Damn you nicotine monster making me eat anything that keeps still long enough! :-(

Ahhhh well tomorrow is another day....pfftttff!

​TOTAL SYNS: 40-ish

Last edited:
I've started this flipping' diet so many times since last Monday I forgot which day I'm supposed to weigh myself on.... :D
:hitthefan::silly:

Monday 5th November 2012
Extra Easy

Breakfast - coffee's (hexA) grapes, apple and tangerine, 2 small hovis slices (hexB) with quark and marmite

Lunch - Mackerel fillets in spicy tomato sauce,green salad and tomatoes with olives (1 syn) and balsamic dressing.

Dinner - Lynda McCartney Sausages x2 (3 syns) mashed potato, peas and carrots, onion gravy made with one chicken oxo(1 syn)

snacks - grapes, strawberries, tangerine and red apple, sweet and sour mugshot.

TOTAL SYNS: 5

Last edited:
The weekend has been a disaster, only in dietary terms though, infact it's been a brilliant weekend and got lots done, including eating.....ohhhh yes! Got lots of eating done. So I could sit here and moan and whine like its the end of the world and put myself on a guilt trip, but I won't (I don't) I'm still not smoking, Im still not drinking, I've probably lost not a single ounce of weight, BUT IM STILL TEE-TOTAL!....I think this at the moment to me it damage-limitation try and get through the quit without gaining weight....not really bothered as long as I don't gain...in my ideal world I would like to stay the same until January 1st 2013, there I would be 2 and a half months quit from smokes and drink and more han ready to take my eating habits more seriously.

I know I come across like I'm not really bothered about what I'm doing, but in essence I really am keeping this under control considering.....I used to be a very heavy drinker (I still am a "heavy" drinker :D) and smoker. So on Thursday when I weigh myself I will forgive you if you don't quite understand why I will be chuffed to death at even staying the same after my first week :D

If I end up doing an impression of PAC-man round the kitchen today...that's ok....still not smoked!!... Day 11 today thank you very muchly :)

personally i think your some woman for one woman as my ole mammy says lol to give up smoking & drinking at the same time while trying to stick to a diet is hard work. i know where your coming from on the staying the same weight thing, if im same weight tomorrow im gonna be chuffed, once im not up im succeeding :)

keep up the good work :)

personally i think your some woman for one woman as my ole mammy says lol to give up smoking & drinking at the same time while trying to stick to a diet is hard work. i know where your coming from on the staying the same weight thing, if im same weight tomorrow im gonna be chuffed, once im not up im succeeding :)

keep up the good work :)

my Mams little sayings never made sense well not to me anyway, made me laugh though lol!

I think we're doing well at keeping it in perspective...I don't understand why some people cant to be honest....maybe that's why I look like a blancmange and they don't :D ....one day at a time everytime....that'll do me for the moment.

my Mams little sayings never made sense well not to me anyway, made me laugh though lol!

I think we're doing well at keeping it in perspective...I don't understand why some people cant to be honest....maybe that's why I look like a blancmange and they don't :D ....one day at a time everytime....that'll do me for the moment.

see thats it, whats the point in not being honest! who are they fooling? nobody but themselves. now off to find something to eat nom nom nom nom nom

see thats it, whats the point in not being honest! who are they fooling? nobody but themselves. now off to find something to eat nom nom nom nom nom

Im gonna be blatantly honest on my diary coz I'm not stressing it :D

spicy mackerel and salad for me :)

I have seriously ate too much fruit today so far...if you get what I mean.....:sign0131:

apple, bowl of grapes, a mutant tangerine, and a bowl of strawberries :sign0137:......think I might just hold my breath all day....hope the Virgin Media Engineer who is coming at 4pm to fix my media box has got one helluva bad cold :D

I know what you mean in terms of maintaining!! After Christmas last year, when I came back on here to report one hellova gain I was pleased it wasn't more, cos knowing how much I had eaten and drunk, mainly drunk if I'm honest and I was surprised my gain wasn't bigger! The way I see it, as long as I can learn to get back on track even after a blow out, then I'll be better off in the long run! :)

Still tee total, woohoo, well done, I'm on day 8 without a drink (but who's counting lol) that sounds really bad doesn't it, but I'm so chuffed that I've gone this long! :D

Have a great evening sweets, xxx

I know what you mean in terms of maintaining!! After Christmas last year, when I came back on here to report one hellova gain I was pleased it wasn't more, cos knowing how much I had eaten and drunk, mainly drunk if I'm honest and I was surprised my gain wasn't bigger! The way I see it, as long as I can learn to get back on track even after a blow out, then I'll be better off in the long run! :)

Still tee total, woohoo, well done, I'm on day 8 without a drink (but who's counting lol) that sounds really bad doesn't it, but I'm so chuffed that I've gone this long! :D

Have a great evening sweets, xxx

day 8 is brilliant!!!....it's hard when you enjoy a tipple, and lets face it the price of beer in a pub or club is so expensive and no joy for anyone these days especially if you smoke... It seems the norm nowadays to drink at home - I don't believe in this label of binge drinking and alcoholism just because you have a drink every night don't making you a smelly alco and just because you have a blow out at the weekend don't make you a binge drinker either - well not in my opinion anyway. It's when you CAN'T do without a drink physically is when people have problems. I think I just got into bad habits after my mam passed away. I knew it would stop eventually because I felt ill everyday - tired and weary and run down. When you get perspective on a habit, then it stops becoming one I think. When you stop counting the days is when you know it's no big deal.

Ive had a good day today. Considering I've been awake since 6am and on my own all day (apart from 5 cats) because the kids are back at school I actually thought I would crack and start eating crisps and biscuits - but I've just had loads of fruit. Anyway I'm off to watch TV in bed, take all 5 cat beds and cats with me spray the beds with a liberal amount of cat nip hoping that they'll chill a little while the fireworks are going off. Hope you have/had a nice evening. GOOD LUCK with the psycho scales tomorrow ....fingers, eyes, toes, legs and nostrils crossed for you :D xxx

day 8 is brilliant!!!....it's hard when you enjoy a tipple, and lets face it the price of beer in a pub or club is so expensive and no joy for anyone these days especially if you smoke... It seems the norm nowadays to drink at home - I don't believe in this label of binge drinking and alcoholism just because you have a drink every night don't making you a smelly alco and just because you have a blow out at the weekend don't make you a binge drinker either - well not in my opinion anyway. It's when you CAN'T do without a drink physically is when people have problems. I think I just got into bad habits after my mam passed away. I knew it would stop eventually because I felt ill everyday - tired and weary and run down. When you get perspective on a habit, then it stops becoming one I think. When you stop counting the days is when you know it's no big deal.

Ive had a good day today. Considering I've been awake since 6am and on my own all day (apart from 5 cats) because the kids are back at school I actually thought I would crack and start eating crisps and biscuits - but I've just had loads of fruit. Anyway I'm off to watch TV in bed, take all 5 cat beds and cats with me spray the beds with a liberal amount of cat nip hoping that they'll chill a little while the fireworks are going off. Hope you have/had a nice evening. GOOD LUCK with the psycho scales tomorrow ....fingers, eyes, toes, legs and nostrils crossed for you :D xxx

I agree, my drinking is also a bad habit I've got into, funnily enough after my mum passed away. Weird thing is, she had liver and kidney problems so drinking should be a no-no for me, but grief obviously does funny things to you!

My poor cat is in hiding under the sofa, the other one isn't bothered at all by the fireworks, but he's a bit daft, bless him! :)
have a good evening, xxx

So today Im having an EE day.... Had grapes, a banana and a mutant tangerine with coffee for breakfast. Thinking ham salad sandwich for lunch with a big mug of bovril and a packet of twiglets. For dinner is going to be a nice big cottage pie with loads of cabbage and green beans. Been craving mince for days now.

Not doing much today, it's chucking it down outside so not going out.... Was going to start painting in the house, but it's just not happening at all...had the paint for about 4 months and keep thinking about doing it....Ahhhh well its the thought that counts :p it's a good job I'm not doing anything today because tomorrow I've got about 2 days worth of stuff to do in one day :eek: including going out for lunch with my eldest son - that always spells disaster.... Considering my weigh in (I think) is Thursday morning I better choose wisely although I doubt it will make much difference anyway :D

The smell of this cottage pie is gorgeous!!!...I've been extra good today only having a ham sandwich a few twiglets and fruit. I know Im going to inhale the lunch menu tomorrow but hey *shrugs* only do lunch with my eldest son once a week while his partner is at college, it's our time to catch up and he usually has a little moan about stuff he can't say in front of his Dad or his gf, not going to let syns get in the way of a once a week thing. It's my turn to pay tomorrow (we take turns) he usually does the pub-lunch thing, so I'm considering the Chinese buffet at £6.99 plus drinks all in. I'm doing a EE so will eat plenty of Chinese vegetables in stock before I inhale all the ribs and sushi :)

I've been very good this morning, only drank coffee and eaten grapes. Considering that Ive had to drop Rosie off at the vets for her lady op and there's a pie and cake shop 2 doors down, and also then had to go to the doctors straight after (which I walked) I had to pass a sandwich shop. The smell was amazzzzzing....fried bacon wafting up me nostrils, could of weakened but NO!.

just getting ready to go and meet my son for lunch. Although I've been to the Chinese Buffet before I still checked the menu on line, going to try and make wise choices but if not i will make sure I enjoy whatever I have and make it worth it :D

Went to the doctors today for a checkup on my chest. I've had pleurisy and bronchitis many times this year, lost count the amount of antibiotics and steroids I've been on. Anyway my chest is getting better, just on a steroid inhaler now and am getting better management of my asthma since I quit smoking (which is 2 weeks today!) :)

The doctor said once my peak flow is higher and my chest fully recovers he's is going to refer me to some exercise classes specifically for people with physical limitations....I wonder if they do classes for the mental ones too?, think they'd be more apt for me :D

Anyway the future is looking bright and I'm aiming for recovered lungs and a million percent commitment to SW after new year plus some structured supervised exercise. I think back to how I was 2 months ago when my Mam passed away I was a wreck, drinking strong cans of lager every night, at one point I was drinking 5 cans of the stuff at 9% and smoking at least 30 cigs a day. Not too mention clearing 2 bottles of brandy every weekend. Now here I am, sober and smoke free, getting things done and planning ahead. The house is clean the kids are happy hubbs looks a lot less worried and the cats...well yeh, as long as they're fed and cuddled at least 3 times a day they're ok lol :).

Anyway if all that is too much information for some - get used to it....because I'm treating the cause as well as the symptoms :)

Have a FAB DAY YA'LL.....shall report in later :)

Back