Dairy of a Cuckoo

Hi and first of all well done on the no smoking / no drinking-you are doing amazingly well :patback:

I've really enjoyed reading your diary and it's interesting to see how impressed you are with the Paul McKenna hypnotherapy. I bought the book / cd last year (along with the Beck Diet Solution, the Dukan Diet book, the Pig to Twig book....I have a library's worth of diet books) and Im now tempted to dig out the Paul McKenna and give it a go. I really struggle to know when I am full and I'd love to be able to learn how to control that. Keep up the great work and I look forward to hearing how you progress :)

Hiya Nikkinoo :wavey:

with the feeling full thing I usually gauge it with a kind of pressure building up under my diaphragm at the top of my stomach and also if I start asking myself in my mind 'am I full yet' it usually means Im getting there ....so I stop eating, put the food straight in the bin (also known has my husband :D) have a big glass of water/pop/cordial then immediately make myself a coffee and eat a stick of chewing gum. You can bet within 20 minutes I've forgotten about eating or what I've left or still feeling peckish proving to myself that I had actually eaten enough. I think because I've had to use distraction techniques to stop smoking I'm basically using similar while getting used to listening to my body again - let's face it food is a kind of an addiction to some, it's just getting out of certain bad eating habits. If you find it difficult to do that - serve yourself a smaller portion of food on a smaller plate or serve yourself the same portion has everyone else then as soon as you sit down at the table scrape half of the food into a bowl and push it away from yourself you soon won't be able to ignore that full feeling, just like you can't ignore genuine hunger pangs ... Just eat really slowly and you will get that feeling of a slight pressure at the top of your stomach, it could happen after 4 mouthfuls depending on how slow you chew. I usually chew my food until I get bored with the mouthful and it disintegrates - it takes discipline, but like everything if done often enough it becomes a habit. Either way if you are still hungry an hour after eating and have had drinks in between just go and eat again.
Its actually nice to be able to chat to someone on here who is interested in starting PM because there aren't any recently active threads or forums and those that where once active still seem to treat it has a diet and that's exactly what it's not. It's like anything if I can programme myself not to want cigarettes or alcohol anymore then I can serve the same principle with my bad eating habits and stop over stuffing myself :D

if you want any help or have any questions then I'm here - I'm a great believer in PM hypnotherapy I've seen too many people succeed lately and can't doubt it anymore, this guy has cured my insomnia and helped me quit smoking what more proof do I need?!!...I am the reverted cynic!!! :) Lisa xx

Last edited:
DIARY OF A CUCKOO. PAUL McKENNA - I CAN MAKE YOU THIN HYPNOTHERAPY

DAY THREE:

Listened to the CD this morning like normal- got into about 20 minutes of it before 2 kittens decided to take a short-cut across my face whilst deciding to spazz around the bed.

After ushering them out of the bedroom and warning the kids I was going to be another 30 minutes :grumble: I managed to listen to the whole CD again.

Was going to have a quiet day in the house - catch up on some emails and reading and a few podcasts - but my eldest son put paid to that by phoning and inviting me round for lunch, even though I was the one who had to pick-up (buy) lunch on the way there :snooty:!!!!

I live 10 minutes walk from the town centre and no matter what regime or 'plan' I've decided to suffer - I always tend to struggle past the bakery and cooked meat market etc, but not today!!.

I strolled into the bakery and bought pasties and iced creamed buns for my son and his partner. It seems because I now know I can eat WHATEVER I like while doing this hypnotherapy I actually don't want to eat the crap....it's stranger than strange:eek:. I could have a pie and a cake if I wanted, but all I fancied was chicken!

So off I trotted to the cooked meat stalls on the market and bought 2 cooked breaded chicken fillets on a bread roll with some lettuce. I decided rather than take the bus to my sons flat like I normally would I was going to walk. That's no big deal just another 20 minutes of steady walking but for those (foolish enough) who have been following my diary will know I have severe asthma and up until recently pushing a hoover around or walking up the stairs would require an oxygen tent and resuscitation at the end :D.

I took it slow, stopping off for a bottle of water and a can of diet pop. Walking up that hill I felt like a mountaineer reaching Everest....lungs screaming and kicking off...but I did it!! :)

We had lunch and I sat there and watched both my son and his girlfriend polish off 2 pasties each and the biggest cream bun with inch thick icing. I ate half of my chicken burger - my son wolfed down the rest.

At around 4pm where I'd been drinking coffee and water all afternoon I started feeling hungry so had a bag of crisps, took me 20 minutes to eat but I ate them all and enjoyed them.

After finally getting home at around 7pm I had one spoon of boiled rice 3 spoons of curry sauce and about 10 chips and only ate half.

Im nearly a month into my no smoking no drinking - and have decided since my appetite has been suppressed beyond all belief that my usual sweets, chocolates, breadsticks and dips and peanuts that are the norm from Friday to Sunday are going to be as much use to me as a jelly towel in a sauna. Soooo.....I've treated myself to a fine half bottle of Curvoisior brandy which I'm going to have a few nips of with ice.

So in a nutshell..

breakfast - nothing

lunch - half a chicken fillet burger

snack - a packet of cheese and onion crisps

Dinner - half of a small portion of curry sauce, boiled rice and chips.

Another unbelievably good day - and sitting here at 9pm still feeling stuffed from the tiny portion of dinner I had has even got me stumped!

Anyway if anyone is still reading hope you're having a great Friday....and I will be back to talk to myself again tomorrow :D

DIARY OF A CUCKOO - PAUL McKENNA I CAN MAKE YOU SLIM

DAY FOUR:
Drank far too much coffee today - feel like I'm going to whizz bang off the walls lol!

Went for a walk into town with hubbs and the kids and had some lunch a meatball marinara with loads of salad and olives and sweet onion sauce from Subway but ended up leaving a quarter of it.
Should be interesting at how I get through the monster Sunday roast I usually do without feeling like a space hopper - Mr McKenna has got a major challenge tomorrow. Hope his smooth relaxing tones will do the trick again for me :)

Anyway today in a nutshell:

Breakfast - nothing

Lunch - 3 quarters of a Meatball Marinara from subway

Dinner - Cheese and lettuce sandwich packet of twiglets and a hot chocolate

Hope you're having a good Saturday - shall report in tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Hi Lisa, congratulations on another couple of amazing days! You're doing so well. Thanks for taking the time to explain it all-it all makes perfect sense and everything you describe is exactly how I don't do it! I eat really fast and never listen to the signals that say I'm full. I'm definitely going to change the way I eat and I reckon the paul mckenna method would fit in so well with slimming world! I feel motivated!!!

Good luck with the big yummy sunday roast tomorrow!

Nic x

Hi Lisa, congratulations on another couple of amazing days! You're doing so well. Thanks for taking the time to explain it all-it all makes perfect sense and everything you describe is exactly how I don't do it! I eat really fast and never listen to the signals that say I'm full. I'm definitely going to change the way I eat and I reckon the paul mckenna method would fit in so well with slimming world! I feel motivated!!!

Good luck with the big yummy sunday roast tomorrow!

Nic x

Don't forget to let me know how you're getting on! :)

Lisa xx

DIARY OF A CUCKOO - PAUL McKENNA I CAN MAKE YOU THIN

DAY FIVE:

listened to the CD today and for the first time managed to actually visualise myself slim!...I'm usually imagining all kinds of stuff other than what he tells me I should be...suppose its all to do with self-discipline and having the belief in what you're doing...which I don't think I had last time I tried this many years ago.
But then again I have studied Adult Psychology since then and received a diploma in both that and Counselling, there's not enough said about self discipline and re-learning and too much placed on will-power.
After reading into clinical hypnotherapy and subliminal psychotherapy I'm seriously considering a correspondence course at diploma level on hypnotherapy in counselling.

Anyway seeing myself in my mind all petite with a shape thats achievable is really REALLY mind-blowing!!!'

So here goes...

Breakfast - nothing.

Lunch - 3 quarters of a medium serving of a chicken roast dinner.

Dinner - 1 packet of Twiglets and half of a quarter slice of cheese cake.

Last edited:
hello Lisa!! sounds like your still doing brilliantly so well done you. im 1 and a half days in, just about to listen to my third round. doing well so far....!! x

hello Lisa!! sounds like your still doing brilliantly so well done you. im 1 and a half days in, just about to listen to my third round. doing well so far....!! x

Nearly 2 days in!!...go girl!....How you doing with gauging the 'am I full feeling?'....when do you listen to your CD? xx

Diary of a cuckoo - Paul McKenna I can make you thin.

DAY SIX:

Listened to the CD early this morning but couldn't relax hardly slept all night and ended up getting up at 5am so by the time I listened at around 7.30am I was very wide awake and restless and too busy thinking of how tired I was and how much I had to do instead of concentrating in the subliminal therapy. But anyway....

Breakfast - Nothing (but had water, coffee and sugar free cordial)

Lunch - all you can eat Chinese buffet*.

Dinner - small bowl of cereal and a hot chocolate.

*(One plate with 4 pieces of sweet and sour chicken 5 pieces of hoi sin chicken, one bbq rib, 1 prawn toast, 1 Small spoonful of Peking crispy chicken, 5 chips. 1 small bowl of ice cream, chopped nuts and chocolate sauce)

Last edited:
i listened this afternoon whilst my little lad had a nap, but been last thing in bed sat and sun. feel like im just sleeping but i wake up and come to as he's counting down so maybe my subconscious is listening!!! if i think im getting to the feeling of being full ive been taking one more mouthful then waiting to see. must say tho, it seems to be a definite thing that my head says enough. today ended up eating half a sandwich at lunch then finishing it off as a snack 2 hrs later! quite pleased with how its going so far.
how's your day been?? x

i listened this afternoon whilst my little lad had a nap, but been last thing in bed sat and sun. feel like im just sleeping but i wake up and come to as he's counting down so maybe my subconscious is listening!!! if i think im getting to the feeling of being full ive been taking one more mouthful then waiting to see. must say tho, it seems to be a definite thing that my head says enough. today ended up eating half a sandwich at lunch then finishing it off as a snack 2 hrs later! quite pleased with how its going so far.
how's your day been?? x

Its sounds like its going in the right direction!!! :) I always drift off when Im listening to the CD but then again I listen to it first thing in the morning so am already half asleep, I feel I get more from it if I drift off because it proves that I'm really relaxed instead of laying there trying to listen to every single thing he's saying which I've learned its pretty impossible and does my head in if I try! Lol :D

Considering I went out for lunch today to a all you can eat chinese buffet I did really well. I've just had about 3 spoons of cornflakes with a bit of milk and finishing the evening off with a hot chocolate. I'm hoping to lose 2lbs this week which will bring me to half a stone in 3 weeks which I will be chuffed to death with considering I'm only a month into quitting the fags. I know PM tells you not to weigh yourself and get obsessed with the scales ect - but I'm not a serial weigher and have always weighed myself every week even when not trying to manage my weight.

Hope your day ends as good as it started ....bring on tomorrow! :)

xxx

Last edited:
Diary of a Cuckoo - Paul McKenna I can make you thin

DAY SEVEN:

Feel rotten today been awake half the night with stomach pains so I think I can safely say I have a stomach bug. Feel worn out and drained, slept all the way through the CD this morning, which won't make no difference because I did wake up when it said to.

Not done to good with food so far today, can't keep off the bog and feel very sickly. I managed a mug of bovril and some twiglets which took me half an hour to eat. Made a cheese salad sandwich cut it into 4 and managed to eat one little quarter.
Going to carry on drinking my milky coffee and roll on bedtime :sick0019: :sign0137: :sigh:

Breakfast - nothing.

Lunch - quarter of a cheese salad sandwich and a quarter pack of twiglets.

Dinner - 3 quarters of a medium portion of chilli and rice with a spoonful of salad and one 8th of Italian cheese and olive bread.

weigh in tomorrow - fingers crossed :cross:

Last edited:
well done you! to do this on top of giving up the ciggies is fantastic. are you listening to pm smoking aswell as slimming ? hope you feeling better xx

well done you! to do this on top of giving up the ciggies is fantastic. are you listening to pm smoking aswell as slimming ? hope you feeling better xx

Thanks love :) :flowers:

I did initially for the first 2 weeks but was finding it too much to listen to the thin one first thing from waking up and the quit one last thing before going to sleep. So I've basically kept the smoking one to the weekend and listened to it in the afternoon. But I went onto step 2 of my nicotine patches last Friday which is a lower milligram of nicotine and still finding it ok, so might just leave the smoking one out this weekend and see how it goes. :superwoman:

i can't actually believe that I've lost 6 pound in 3 weeks going through a quit too. Last time I quite nearly 3 years ago I put on over a stone and half and that's when I was very active and went the gym and swimming. So I'm really chuffed with myself and to be honest will be happy with a pound loss every week or even half a pound or actually even STS as long as I don't gain :).

how you getting on love? xxxx

Paul McKenna I can make you thin

DAY EIGHT:

still feeling a little below par since my bug yesterday so done absolutely nothing today only watch TV with the heating on snuggled up with all my kittehs. Anyway here's my day..

Breakfast - 1 slice of wholemeal toast with marmite and margarine

Lunch - half a ham sandwich

Dinner - a third of a portion of butter chicken and onion rice

Will be back tomorrow to chat to myself :D

Last edited:
i second that. having any kind of weight loss going through quitting cigs is pretty bloomin amazing!! so you should be very chuffed with yourself. didn't manage to listen yesterday with work commitments, but hopefully will get little man to nod off in a bit!! am finding it ok. can't say 100% yet...found myself in the kitchen picking at chocolate and biscuits..but...realised and stopped . usually that would lead to an all out go for gold! definately eating less but oh so enjoying what i am eating!!!
gonna take a lot for me not to get on the scales this weekend but want to wait the fortnight....we'll see!!!!!
hope you feeling better x

Back