Dairy - some included in your daily points?

picklednut

I'm a bit confused. I've just read this in this month's WW mag on the menu planner pages:

"Nutrients, such as calcium, in dairy products are essential for good health. Ensure you have 1 pint skimmed milk (or 1/2 semi skimmed milk and 100g low fat yoghurt) every day. This is included in your daily ProPoints allowance of 29"

Does this mean therefore 1/2 pint of semi-skimmed and a low fat yoghurt would be "O" points for the day but if I had any more than this I would need to ProPoint it?

I haven't been told this at my meeting and its the first time I've read anything about it. When I've had a glass of milk I've been pointing it every time.

Maybe a WW leader on here could clarify?

Thanks

I always have the milk on my cereal and in my tea, i always point it. So i'm not really sure myself, would be good to know tho. xxx

I think that they mean that you should have 1 pint of milk and you should take the points off your daily allowance!

I have 2 portions of 142ml of skimmed milk in tea every day and 1 activia yogurt. I always count them in my pro points.

Just a thought:

Why do they say 1pint skimmed or 1/2 pint semi when the calcium content is the same, only difference is the fat content! Or so I thought?!!

:eek:)

Back