Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Damage limitation/staying on plan for weekend away? Please help :)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by miss_emmajane, 14 April 2010 Social URL.

1. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey - I wanted some advice for how to stay on plan whilst on a weekend away. I am going to a friends house first and then to London so I get the feeling we will be eating out for most if not all meals yet I have gained weight recently and really want to lose it, not put more on :(

I am going to pack healthy snacks but does anyone have any tips? I have always done green days but I hate the thought of having jacket potatoes for every meal :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you eat Meat?? Only if you are eating out you could order things like Steak & ask for salad with it rather than chips.

I tend to stick to red days & eating out hasn't proven much of a problem if I do as above.

If its places like Indian resturants/chinese etc then I would just say to myself that its going to be a week whereby I will gain :(

Just try & be 100% until you go - maybe save as many syns as poss to allow for the naughties at the weekend.

You do still have to have a life - enjoy your weekend away :)

4. Moo85

Moo85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    check out some of the threads on the 'eating out' forum, I personally love sushi so have that a lot when eating out as it's pretty low fat/syn generally speaking. From the forum a lot of people say Nandos is good or if having chinese/indian stick to plain boiled rice and pick a low syn dish from the book eg. for curry chicken dhansak 6.5 syns on EE(i have that all the time!) good luck :)

5. sunnies

sunnies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know how hard it is to do that, I did it a few weekends ago. The way I did it was to be good all week, then give myself Saturday completley off; it was over Easter so we had eggs, wine, popcorn, and a decent meal. Then Sunday I was back to it properly (weigh in Monday) and I still lost. I think giving yourself a night/day off does you the world of good sometimes.

Saying that, I think I had a salmon meal that evening with lentils, so no chips etc but my thinking was 'I want that piece of cake so I must have a healthier meal tonight'.

Above all, enjoy!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.