Damage limitation/staying on plan for weekend away? Please help :)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by miss_emmajane, 14 April 2010 Social URL.

1. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey - I wanted some advice for how to stay on plan whilst on a weekend away. I am going to a friends house first and then to London so I get the feeling we will be eating out for most if not all meals yet I have gained weight recently and really want to lose it, not put more on :(

I am going to pack healthy snacks but does anyone have any tips? I have always done green days but I hate the thought of having jacket potatoes for every meal :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you eat Meat?? Only if you are eating out you could order things like Steak & ask for salad with it rather than chips.

I tend to stick to red days & eating out hasn't proven much of a problem if I do as above.

If its places like Indian resturants/chinese etc then I would just say to myself that its going to be a week whereby I will gain :(

Just try & be 100% until you go - maybe save as many syns as poss to allow for the naughties at the weekend.

You do still have to have a life - enjoy your weekend away :)

4. Moo85

Moo85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    check out some of the threads on the 'eating out' forum, I personally love sushi so have that a lot when eating out as it's pretty low fat/syn generally speaking. From the forum a lot of people say Nandos is good or if having chinese/indian stick to plain boiled rice and pick a low syn dish from the book eg. for curry chicken dhansak 6.5 syns on EE(i have that all the time!) good luck :)

5. sunnies

sunnies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know how hard it is to do that, I did it a few weekends ago. The way I did it was to be good all week, then give myself Saturday completley off; it was over Easter so we had eggs, wine, popcorn, and a decent meal. Then Sunday I was back to it properly (weigh in Monday) and I still lost. I think giving yourself a night/day off does you the world of good sometimes.

Saying that, I think I had a salmon meal that evening with lentils, so no chips etc but my thinking was 'I want that piece of cake so I must have a healthier meal tonight'.

Above all, enjoy!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.