Damage limitation/staying on plan for weekend away? Please help :)

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
Hey - I wanted some advice for how to stay on plan whilst on a weekend away. I am going to a friends house first and then to London so I get the feeling we will be eating out for most if not all meals yet I have gained weight recently and really want to lose it, not put more on :(

I am going to pack healthy snacks but does anyone have any tips? I have always done green days but I hate the thought of having jacket potatoes for every meal :eek:

Do you eat Meat?? Only if you are eating out you could order things like Steak & ask for salad with it rather than chips.

I tend to stick to red days & eating out hasn't proven much of a problem if I do as above.

If its places like Indian resturants/chinese etc then I would just say to myself that its going to be a week whereby I will gain :(

Just try & be 100% until you go - maybe save as many syns as poss to allow for the naughties at the weekend.

You do still have to have a life - enjoy your weekend away :)

check out some of the threads on the 'eating out' forum, I personally love sushi so have that a lot when eating out as it's pretty low fat/syn generally speaking. From the forum a lot of people say Nandos is good or if having chinese/indian stick to plain boiled rice and pick a low syn dish from the book eg. for curry chicken dhansak 6.5 syns on EE(i have that all the time!) good luck :)

I know how hard it is to do that, I did it a few weekends ago. The way I did it was to be good all week, then give myself Saturday completley off; it was over Easter so we had eggs, wine, popcorn, and a decent meal. Then Sunday I was back to it properly (weigh in Monday) and I still lost. I think giving yourself a night/day off does you the world of good sometimes.

Saying that, I think I had a salmon meal that evening with lentils, so no chips etc but my thinking was 'I want that piece of cake so I must have a healthier meal tonight'.

Above all, enjoy!!

Back