Dance central kinnect!

xKimmiex

Silver Member
Has anyone got it! I love it!! Just done half an hour, I think I dance like riahanna until I see the pictures and I look a fool lol! OH decided to record me! My god my back fat is awful!

Hey Kimmie, I've been thinking about buying it coz I have all the sports and fitness ones, they film u too lol

Got your shape too lol that's good but bloody hard! Lol

Hi Kimmie and debbydocious --

I told my father that I did not want an xbox 360 and kinnect -- as wel already have a wii and a wiifit, but then son played on one of these at his friend's house and loved it. So, my daughter's birthday is in February and I am sooo tempted.

But, I just order the WiiFit Zumba on line.

MM

Kinnect is soo much better then wii, iv got a wii and all games lol but kinnect u don't need any controls :)

Kimmie -- I am seriously considering this... but I did buy 3 pairs of boots online last night (oops!)

MM

MinnieMel said:
Kimmie -- I am seriously considering this... but I did buy 3 pairs of boots online last night (oops!)

MM

Lol! That's allowed though! I wish I could just buy boots and shoes ect jut legs too big still :-(

Two of them were ankle boots and one of them said (in customer reviews) that the "trunk" was too loose (lol). I have chunky legs... even when "normal weight". Shops like It's Yours, etc. (the ones that start at size 14 and go up) have wider legged knee boots. I had a friend that used to find the cutest things there.

MM

When I get to goal and even now I refuse point blank to go into evans or yours! I used to have to shop there all the time, this time last year I couldn't even fit into boots from Evans! Even there widest range! This year I'm wearing fake uggs from asda :)

I love those things -- real Uggs look like rubbish after you wear them out in the rain *suede is hard to clean. I think I'd rather spend less and replace more often!!! I love them... warm and comfy and easy on and off.

In my LL group we discussed what our goals were -- and I told the group that when I was first pregnant with my son, I had gone into a "fat lady" store, because the clothes would be cheaper than buying maternity clothes... and the sales lady asked me if I was there to buy a gift! (i.e. there was nothing in the store for someone my size)!

So, I told the group -- I want to walk into an Evans or store like that and have the person working there tell me I am in the wrong shop -- just by looking at me!!!! ;) It did happen (when I was thinner -- in 2008 and 09)... but at Christmas 2010, I looked in one of those shops for a wrap and they knew I was there for myself. :(

MM

Last edited:
I don't understand when women who are like a size 14 shop in Evans? I don't mean to offend anyone but iv been shopping in there since I was 14 yrs old! I have a size 24 evans coat, that became too small when I was pregnant with my first! I remember going to buy it with my mum (I was 17) and I wanted the smaller size because I wanted it to look "fitted" some women came up to me and told me to get a bigger size! (I was 20weeks pregnant at this time) I said I wanted it o be fitted and she turned around and said "there's fitted then there's too small" cheeky cow! I ended up bursting into tears lol! But I'm glad I got the bigger one as it became too small for me anyway lol!

Iv got a size 18 and size 20 (abit big) coats this year :) hopefully be a size 12 next year!

I soooo want an x-box and kinnect :( hubby says no as he's a playstation fan grrr

as for boots and that, ive just ordered some from the clarks sale, but tbh i dont think they are going to fit round my calf :( do we loose weight from our legs? Hope so!

We got Kinect just before Xmas. I haven't tried Dance Central yet but Hubby has and it looks fun! We also got Your Shape so will do them both when I am fully recovered from my C Section.

Just Dance 1 and 2 on the Wii are fun also :)

I soooo want an x-box and kinnect :( hubby says no as he's a playstation fan grrr

as for boots and that, ive just ordered some from the clarks sale, but tbh i dont think they are going to fit round my calf :( do we loose weight from our legs? Hope so!

You'll lose weight from everywhere that fat can be stored, legs included :D

Where the fat comes off first, however, is not under our control :(

@Kimmie --

Re: "the coat" -- some people (I can be like this) have no filters on what they say. How awful, and being pregant (the hormones, etc) isn't easy anyway.

How tall are you? Are you a small, medium or large frame? Measure your wrist -- if under 6 inches around (small), between 6 and 8 (med), and over 8 large.

I am only 5'4" (if I fluff my hair a bit) and am either a small or small medium frame. UK Size 12 is my goal size. My 5'11" friend looks anorexic at 9 stone 5, and I am still overweight (and look it) at 9 st 5. So, a good goal is a size that "fits" well and looks good. It is just a number on a tag -- and these are so varied... I pretty much have to try everything on and have a look.

MM

Il mesure now :) I'm 5ft8 il go and measure then tell u lol

Its one centimetre over 6inch lol

@Kimmie -- It looks like 11.5 to 12 stone is a healthy weight for you. You might wear a size 12 at that weight depends on how you carry your weight.

I carry my weight low -- big bum and chunky legs. I look thin from the ribs up, but I have two stone to lose. My waist is 34" (it'll be about 26 -28 when I get to goal, but my bum will still be at least 36"). My bust never changes much... it stays between 38" (at 13.5 stone) and 35" at 9 st 5 - and the difference is back fat not cup size :(. So, my trouser sizes change (a lot).

I am wearing UK14 ATM, and will be wearing UK8 when I lose 2 stone (3 sizes -- when most guides say a stone a size).

So, go by stones to lose and guesstimate what size you'll be at goal. But remember it is fit and comfort -- looking good in the clothes not the number on the label.

MM

I'm smaller on top too, size 16 on top and 20 (bit baggy) on bottom, I have short stumpy legs lol, I have a waist when I loose weight, and tbh I'm not that broad either. 12stone is my goal but would live to be a size 12, so I can shop in topshop ect lol

Back