Dancing???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Naturally_Stush, 6 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Naturally_Stush

Naturally_Stush Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, hon just a quick one I just did a search on the Cranberry Bar's and Citric acid, are u still having them? Any problems with them? I had one today and it was lush!.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

sorry - was offline for awhile there. I've decided to not have the bars for awhile. However, I started on LighterLife and some of their bars had citric acid in. When we queried it we were told the amounts were so small they would not have an effect on ketosis.

I've read some people on here say that they have half a bar in the morning and half in the evening just to be sure it won't knock them out of ketosis. If you were worried, you could try that.

They are quite nice. I also like the choc orange one as it is dark chocolate.

4. Naturally_Stush

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Dancing, may I ask why you have stopped using the bars? I dont understand why having half in the morn and the other half in the evening makes a difference? ( Having a blonde moment here!).

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

in terms of having one in morning and one in afternoon .... it means you are having half of the carb from the bar at one time and giving it time to be used by the body without taking you out of ketosis and then having the rest of it later.

Even if the bars were to take you out of ketosis, you would only be out of ketosis as long as it takes the body to use up the carbs/glycogen they provide. By spreading it out throughout the day, there is less chance of reaching the point when there are too many carbs/glycogen in the body and you come out of ketosis (does that make sense? Not explaining very clearly).

The bars have always left me wanting more - at first it was a real struggle not to want to eat another one. I just want to be back at basics at the moment as I've been having a challenging last few months as I got nearer and nearer to goal and started self sabotaging.

Many many people happily have the bars so don't worry about it

6. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya Naturally Stush. Hope you don't mind me replying to your thread. Just thought I'd let you know that I've had a cranberry bar everyday since week 3. Some weeks I lose 7lbs, some weeks I lose 2lbs. I do absolutley nothing differently on these weeks (I'm a creature of habit!! LOL!!). Just drink a nice big glass of water while you have them xxx

7. Naturally_Stush

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Dancing- I totally get what u mean, I will continue having the bars this week, see how it goes. They are addictive though.

Kayjay- Please do reply to the thread, It's nice to know that they don't really effect your weight loss. :wow: your weight loss has been tremendous. x

8. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

god i cant wait til i reach week 3 for the bars :)

9. Naturally_Stush

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Haha Misheemoo, Be warned they are ADDICTIVE! My fave is the peanut crunch one I dont rate the chocolate/toffee/caramel one's.

10. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

naturally_stush i intend on having every single 1 of them, but i havent even finished 1st week yet :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.