Dannii's (Vegetarian) CC diary!

Have been using these forums for a while now, moving between low carb, weight watchers and calorie counting and have realised that CC is the easiest for me and still allows me to eat what I want, but in moderation.
I am right in the middle of the healthy BMI range and healthy weight, but I would feel a LOT happier about a stone lighter.
I am a size 10, and whilst I am fine with that at the moment, I am not fine with my measurements. My stomach is huge (according to the NHS website, my waist measurement is too high and puts me at risk of cardiovascular disease) and therefore I am hoping that if I lose some more weight, my waist measurement will go down. I really don't understand though, as through the last 2.5 stone I have lost, my waist measurement has not changed one inch. If anyone has any advice for me in regards to that, I would REALLY appreciate it!
So, I shall post here each day what I am eating and how much I am exercising. Maybe I will see where I am going wrong.
I am going on holiday on September 2nd and would like my waist measurement to have changed...even just a tiny bit. I am aiming to eat around 1000 calories a day and swim for 30 minutes everyday and do some yoga whenever I can!
So...
Start Weight: 10st 3lbs
Start Waist: 38 inch :cry:

Last edited:
So far today I have had...
B: Porridge (made with half skimmed milk and half water) topped with Agave syrup and half a banana = 365
L: Prawn Salad = 200
D: Quorn chicken and veggie tikka curry = 410

975 so far. But I still want something to eat :( Might haave some fruit and a WW yogurt. That will make it about 1050.
Swam for 30 mins today.

I don't get how 1000 calories adds up so quickly. I don't feel like I am getting enough for 1000 :(
B: Shredded Wheat bitesize with skimmed milk and an apple = 260
L: Veggie stir fry with Quorn pepper steak and brown rice and some pineapple = 420
D: Salmon and Avocado salad = 320
Total = 1000 exactly.
I still need/want something sweet though. It's going to have to be yogurt and fruit again. I might just try and stick to 1200 a day, rather than getting angry with just 1000. Does anyone else try and stick to 1000? How do you do it?

Also done 30 minutes swimming and 20 minutes walking.

I could never eat just 1000 everyday. Maybe once a week I have a low day (900ish) because I'm not that hungry, but I also usually have a high day too (1900ish). My average is usually around 1300.

With my weight now...eating much more than 1000-1200 doesn't shift anything. I was on 1500 for ages and lost nothing, so thought I would bring it down a bit hoping something would change!

Yesterday was...
B: Mushroom Omelette
L: Quorn pepper steak, sprouts and stir fry
D: Salmon, carrots and spinach stuffed mushrooms
S: Fruit and yogurt and sugar free jelly.
Came to about 1100 in total.
Did 30 mins of swimming and 20 mins walking again.

Back