Danni's Weight Loss Diary

ginlin said:
Hope you are feeling better soon xxx

What is a Berwick Cockle?

Missed the question :p

A Berwick Cockle is a mint with the texture of Edinburgh rock, basically. It's one of my favourite sweets :) Johan went to the village sweet shop today and I asked him to get me some if they sold them :) He got 100g, but I'm just going to have a few each day as they're about a syn each.

We're just making the appointments today. As we prefer to see one particular doctor, it could be a week before we see him.

Had grapes and 2 Alpen Lights (healthy extra B) last night. Didn't want proper food.

No college today, thankfully. Didn't sleep too well last night, and feeling rotten this morning.

Missed the question :p

A Berwick Cockle is a mint with the texture of Edinburgh rock, basically. It's one of my favourite sweets :) Johan went to the village sweet shop today and I asked him to get me some if they sold them :) He got 100g, but I'm just going to have a few each day as they're about a syn each.

They sound good, don't know if I could resist having more than one;)

I posted this morning and it's disappeared- probably me clicking the wrong thing while under influence of painkillers :p

Had a bad day, mainly toothache. Got an appointment about having it removed in October, but have to put up with it until then as I need a general anaesthetic (they were meant to remove it under sedation in February, but the sedation and local anaesthetic didn't work).

Food last night was just grapes and 2 Alpen Light bars. Today all I've had are some grapes and 1 Berwick Cockle (1 syn), because toothache means I'm not really that hungry.

Yesterday's food was just bananas, because it was all I was able to manage with toothache.

Today I have had so far a fruit medley (strawberries, melon, pineapple and grapes), an egg salad, an apple and a pair. My tooth is still sore, but not as bad as it was so I'm hoping to be able to eat something a bit more substantial tonight.

Last night I had 2 Alpen Light bars (healthy B), 2 Babybel (healthy A), some ham and chicken, 2 satsumas, an apple, a banana and 2 Berwick Cockles (2 syns).

I really need to sort my eating out, as I'm not having proper meals and that means I'm not really eating enough. I know it's because I've been pretty ill recently though- last night my limbs decided to fail on me, and it was a couple of hours before I could move my arms and another few hours before I could move my legs. Johan had to literally drag me into the flat as they failed as I tried to get out of my wheelchair onto the bottom of the stairs up to our flat.

We're also overdue a big shop, because I've been too ill to order it and Johan's too used to me doing it :p That's not helping as we're out of salad and eggs and things.

Lunch: Butternut squash chips (were really yummy- even Johan liked them) with carrots, cauliflour and broccoli

Tea: Chicken stirfry (lots of superfree veg) with lemon juice

Snacks: Flake (8.5 syns), 4 Berwick Cockles (4 syns), Muller Lights, Banana, Satsumas, 2 Alpen Lights (healthy B), 2 Babybel (healthy A).

Managed to have a bath this evening, and went on the computer for a bit. Wrote a blog post on my blog about college, plus one for another site.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to respond to everyone's diaries (I've been reading, it's just responding has been difficult).

Also for tomorrow, I need to email my consultant last week's food diary, and do my homework. I also need to think of a second project for my Computing in case my first project isn't good enough (though if I program a database rather than using a ready made one, it may be okay).

I'm thinking of moving my weigh in time to 11.30am on Tuesday as my timetable changed so I'm no longer in college that day, and it would mean it would give me less time to get anxious about it. Will add that to my email to my consultant.

Now I need to sleep because it's nearly 2am :p

tillymax said:
How you doing today hun?

Not too bad, just tired mostly. Will be another bed day I think.

JackieN said:
just popping in to give you a :bighug: sweetie. Sorry i've been quiet so much going on here and not enough hours.

Rest,okay? give your body a chance to recover abit then you should be fine for college next week :D :bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you, Jackie. I understand- you look after yourself.

I'm trying to rest, just got boredom to try and deal with. Unfortunately, there's no guaranteee that even with resting I'll be well enough for college- getting a lot of warning signs that I've been majorly overdoing it. Being unable to move my limbs only normally happens when I'm right at the bottom of the functioning scale, and I shouldn't even be leaving my bed.

Not sure what to have for lunch today. Had two bananas for breakfast, was going to have yoghurt with them but it was out of date. We are due an Asda delivery sometime between 2pm and 4pm, so that will help.

Okay, had a ham and mushroom omelette for lunch, followed by a melon medley and a mini twister (2.5 syns). Also had sugar free polos (4 syns) and an apple, 2 satsumas and 2 clementines.

Not sure what to have for tea yet.

I went on my computer for an hour and a half, but paying for it now. I'm in a lot of pain, but about to take painkillers so hopefully they'll help.

The Asda order did arrive, though we forgot stuff like risotto rice, carrots and mince :p I may see if Johan is up for making more butternut squash chips- if he is, I'll ask for them with bacon and eggs :)

That's the only problem with online orders, but if needs must, they are fab!

I love BNS chips, having them myself this evening, sprinkled with garlic and chilli.

Today is a red day, mostly because I got too hungry to wait for butternut squash chips (I know I can have them on red days, it was more that I couldn't think of any other superfree to have with bacon and eggs).

Had a bit of a meltdown over having to wait for food while hungry, as Johan was playing WoW. Not normally a problem, but when I'm in this much pain having to wait another hour when hungry on top was just too much. I hate my brain.

Last night as well as the egg and bacon I had 2 Alpen Light bars (healthy B), 3 Babybel light (healthy A) and 5 Berwick Cockles (5 syns).

Total syns = 11.5

Today is a red day.

Lunch: bowl of frozen grapes, then a ham, cheese and mushroom omelette (42g mozzarella as healthy A), followed by 2 Alpen Lights (healthy B) and 4 Berwick Cockles (4 syns).

Snack: 2 Clementines

I'm planning tuna steak and butternut squash chips for tea. Will probably have some form of ice lolly as well as my throat is killing me.

Got 13 hours sleep last night, but I'm still exhausted. Still not emailed my consultant or done my homework, but I'll be doing them a bit later. Getting my food diary together will be easier on a proper computer, rather than my tablet.

I'm going to speak to my tutor at college, but I think realistically I can't continue. I've been lucky up to now that all paralysis has been only for a few hours, and I don't want to take any chances of it becoming more permanent.

Back