Danni's Weight Loss Diary

You seem to be coping really well with the college, but I am sure you will enjoy the rest over the weekend;)

I'm fancying sweet baked potatoe with cheese now!

Hey Danni
you are coping really well sweetie. Proud of you. Retail therapy rocks :D

I too love purple. That and red are my absolute favourite colours

Have a :grouphugg: the carers should stay long enough, but its like everything these days isn't it, busy busy busy :( xxxxxxxxxx

College was good, though I hate Microsoft Access. Give me a command line and mySQL any day ;)

This is like a foreign language to me :D

Tea was sweet potatoes, 42g mozzarella cheese (healthy extra A) and salad. I have two potatoes as there is too much cheese for one. I also had another Wispa, taking today's syns up to 14.5. The sushi and the chocolate were worth it :)

This is more my level - talking about food :D

The care agency is really understaffed at the moment, as they keep taking on new clients but not increasing the amount of staff. I am meant to have a 30 minute call in the evenings when it's not a bath night, but the carer today was hurrying because she was already late for her next call, and was only here 11 minutes. The rushing makes me tired, as I don't get to rest in between each step like I'm meant to (which is why I get so long). I shouldn't complain too much though- I'm lucky to get any care at all.

It's the way this countries going. Could you make a complaint. The problem is if it's council run they're trying to make cutbacks and if it's private run they're trying to up their profits. But if we just let these things happen they will get worse. Don't complain if it will make you stressed but if you think you'd be able to without it upsetting you then it's worth a try. Also tell them you're conracting your MP.

No college now until Monday. In good news, I've ordered lots of new stuff from the internet- wet weather gear for my wheelchair (in purple :p), a headrest for it as Johan lost part of my old one (in black as I couldn't find a purple one), a new purple watch, and a couple of things for Johan. Oh, and a Trabasack, which is a combination bag and laptop tray :)

Are Johans things purple too :)

I've been complaining lots, and very slowly things are improving. It's just been this week they've been mad. Decided to disclose that the mess up on Wednesday caused me to mildly self harm (unconciously- just scratches) so they're aware of what it does and why I'm so adamant that I'm informed of any changes.

The things I bought Johan aren't purple (a book and a pestle and mortar), but it's his favourite colour too :)

Today my Trabasack arrived, along with Johan's pestle and mortar and the headphones he'd ordered. I'm loving the Trabasack- currently using it as a laptray in bed :) I should be able to move everything from my handbag into it as well, so I'm carrying less stuff.

Food wise, I've had a late breakfast of bananas and Muller Light, a snack of two Alpen Lights (Healthy Extra B), some frozen grapes, and I had an earlyish (for me) tea of chicken and mushroom risotto with an apple to make up the superfree. It was Johan's first time making a risotto, and it was lovely. He finished the pan :p Later on I'm going to have two Babybel, probably a Wispa and some more fruit if I want it.

I spent too long today sitting at my computer, but I was playing World of Warcraft and I lost track of time. Managed to gain two levels though, so I accomplished something.

Thank you, Tilly :)

Today has been a mixed day. Spent most of it in bed, though was well enough to go on my computer for a bit this evening. I think I've overdone it a bit, though :(

On to food.

Lunch: Ham, chicken and salad, followed by a Muller Light.

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light (healthy extra B), frozen grapes, apple.

Tea: An apple and a ham, mushroom and cheese omelette (42g mozzarella as healthy extra A), followed by a Muller Light and a mini Twister (2.5 syns).

Snacks: Apples, satsumas, Muller Light, Flake (8.5 syns), 1 chip (no idea- maybe 0.5 syns?)

I had the chip as Johan got some from downstairs and they smelt really good. It tasted good, too (and I was happy with just one :p).

Bad day. I shouldn't have overdone it. Spent most of the day trying not to fall out of bed while in pain. Hope I can make college tomorrow.

Food today:

Breakfast: Bananas and Muller Light

Lunch: None, as felt too sick.

Tea: Salmon with salad and 2 Babybel (Healthy Extra A), followed by 2 Alpen Lights (Healthy Extra B).

Snacks: Grapes and a packet of sugar free Polos that I've been sucking on all day to try and deal with the nausea (4 syns).

I've taken my night time meds so should be asleep within the hour. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I made it to college :) Still more ill than normal, but stubborness won out.

Anyone know the syn value of 2 maltesers? I got given them at college :p It could have been worse though- we were playing a game that involved cutting up a Mars bar, and then eating it- I never got past the putting gloves on :p

Lunch: A very small amount of Thai Prawn Noodles (entire thing is 3.5 syns, but I had less than a quarter and no dressing, so 0.5-1 syns?), Fruit Salad.

Not sure what we'll be having for tea tonight. Johan didn't sleep well last night so probably something really simple and easy.

Haven't really got a clue about the maltesers, but can't imagine more than 1 syn.

Glad you got to college, and didn't win the Mars Bar!

I thought I'd posted here already? Weird.

Yesterday's food:

Snack: 2 Maltesers (~1 syn)

Lunch: Small portion of Thai Prawn Noodles (~1 syn), fruit salad, 2 Alpen Light bars (healthy extra B- had them just after posting :p)

Tea: 2 Babybel (healthy extra A), 2 satsumas, an apple and a flake (8.5 syns)

Total syns: ~10.5

Too ill for college today :( Hoping to be well enough for weigh in at 5pm- evenings are normally my best time anyway.

Lunch today was ham, chicken, salad and 2 Babybels (healthy extra A). Also had a Berwick Cockle (1 syn each, if my calculations are correct) and am sucking on sugar free Polos, which are 4 syns for the packet.

Thanks. Went to the meeting tonight- stayed the same :| Not as bad as a gain, but still- one chocolate bar couldn't have caused that. Am emailing my food diary to my consultant so she can have a look at it.

I was very spaced out there from a combination of pain and painkillers. It was mostly about making sure you get your third superfree if you're doing Extra Easy- something I already do. The other suggestion was to drink more, but I'm already consuming between 2-6 litres of water a day, so don't think that's going to help much.

Maybe it's my medication and the inactivity? I know that weight gain is normal on the ones I'm on, but I gained for a bit then started losing it again, so I didn't think it was. I will see what my consultant has to say, then wait until next week.

I was editing my message while you were typing- accidently pressed send too early.

I'm not too bad, just in pain and tired. Johan had an anxiety attack while there, so I'm more worried about him at the moment. He's not happy because I've told him we're making doctors appointments for both of us tomorrow, for the same day so I can go to his. He needs more help than he's getting at the moment.

Stress mostly, plus I'm sure he's on the autism spectrum. He's waiting for an assessment for that but as normal it's taking ages. I'm worried because last time his anxiety resulted in severe depression, and he had to go into hospital for a bit. He was seeing someone for CBT but she's just made him loads worse.

Back