Daring to Dream...

MrsR81

Hi all,

I'm new in here, but have been on the SW road since April - currently 19lbs down.

I have been married to my hubby since July 2014 and we have tried during the last few years to conceive. Unfortunately last summer we experienced two miscarriages, and I had a growing feeling that my body was not the best environment to try and grow a new, healthy life. So this April I made the decision to walk back through the doors of my local group, and since April 26th I have said goodbye to 19lbs.

I'm aiming to lose a total of about 8-9st, so only another 7 or so to go (it feels so much!) and that will hopefully help us on the way to welcoming our rainbow baby and generally just being happier and healthier all round :)

I will share properly again soon, and I look forward to meeting a lot of you and sharing in your journeys also :)

So yeah - that's little (or will be!) me! :) xx

Hi,

welcome to minimins :) its a great place to keep track of how you're doing etc,

so sorry to hear about your miscarriages, its such a hard thing to go through. I've had 8 miscarriages but luckily I'm pregnant with my 4th and final baby. have you asked your gp to run tests? for me, I have a blood condition which means my blood gets too thick during pregnancy, its easily solved with medication but I had to lose 8 babies before I found out.

best of luck getting to your goal weight and having a healthy baby.

subscribing :)

x x

Hi,

welcome to minimins :) its a great place to keep track of how you're doing etc,

so sorry to hear about your miscarriages, its such a hard thing to go through. I've had 8 miscarriages but luckily I'm pregnant with my 4th and final baby. have you asked your gp to run tests? for me, I have a blood condition which means my blood gets too thick during pregnancy, its easily solved with medication but I had to lose 8 babies before I found out.

best of luck getting to your goal weight and having a healthy baby.

subscribing :)

x x

Thanks for the welcome, I used to be on here a few years back when I was on weight watchers but didn't get on with that at all. Much prefer the freedom Slimming World offers!

The miscarriages were obviously pretty rubbish to go through, life was pretty stressful as well when they happened so I can partly guess why they may have happened. We haven't really felt up to trying again until recently, as I kept dreading it happening again. I haven't been to the docs as yet regarding them, I guess I'm mostly worried that they'll just turn round and tell me I need to lose weight. So this way I'll be ahead of them if I do seek advice. We've given it to Christmas for nature to do its own thing, and then we will approach for help if nothing is happening.

I had my next weigh in this evening, and had been greatly hoping for a 2.5lb loss as that would have given me my next half stone award and taken me into the next stone bracket. However only 0.5 off this week, taking total loss so far to 19.5

Determined that next week will give me my next award :)

Anyway, best think about heading to bed, left it a bit late for posting tonight-will be back tomorrow! :) xxx

well done on your loss, I know lots of people are disappointed with 0.5 or 1lb but its still a loss and still a step towards your goal. best of luck for 2lbs next week to get your next certificate.

I hope things work out for you, we always find that when we actively try to get pregnant it doesn't happen, when we stop 'trying' I get pregnant quickly. maybe its a stress of us putting pressure on. good luck x x

Back