Darling09's 100% honest diary

hey guys, how are we all doing?

ive been abit lax over the last couple of days with counting calories. ive not binged or had any naughty snacks at all, ive been eating 3 heathly meals and 2 or 3 snacks a day, but because i havnt been counting the calories properly im not really sure how ive been doing. i also havnt done any exercise so im not too hopeful about losing weight this week. although i only need to lose 1/2 a pound to stay on target, it would still be nice to lose abit more, but i guess i will be happy to stay the same.

so as from tomorrow i will be extra strict with myself, i will detail everything ive ate and how many calories ive had, plus i will make sure i do some exercise everday.

as for today, this is what ive had so far:

breakfast: branflakes with skimmed milk.

snack: cup of tea (skimmed milk, 2 sugars)

lunch: sandwich (2 slices of rye bread, lightly butterred, with a slice of beef and rocket)

dinner will be salmon with salad and new potatoes. will have a piece of fruit for afters. not sure about the calories in all of that, but at least its good food (except for the cup of tea).

gonna do some boxing tonight too, really works up a sweat, i havnt done it for months so it should be fun.

looking forward to being 100% back on track tomorrow, feeling alot more focused now my results are out of the way, and really looking forward to my holiday! just hope i can lose afew more pounds before i go!

hey there :) so a new week and a new start to the diet today. here is what il be having today:

breakfast:
40g oat granola (170)
150ml skimmed milk (55)

lunch:
2 slices of rye bread (166)
butter (53)
1 slice beef (49)
seasonal 4 leaf salad (5)

snack:
cucumber sticks (10)
hummus (124)

dinner:
king prawns (75)
little gem lettuce (14)
cucumber (10)
red pepper (20)
feta cheese (75)
sweet chilli sauce (103)

snack:
mango (70)

total: 999 cals

exercise:
30 mins on exercise bike

the total calories there seem a little low, so may add in another snack if im hungry. weigh in tomorrow, and still alittle doubtful that ive lost weight, but will be really happy if i can lose that half pound and stay on target. if i lose more than half a pound then i will complete my mini goal of getting below 8 stone! fingers crossed!

weighed in today - have lost lb. relatively happy with that as i havnt been strict when counting my calories and havnt done any exercise at all.

i wana work really hard this week, eat very well, do lots of exercise and lose as much as possible. still on target for my goal of 7st 8lb by holiday, and have 3 more weigh ins to lose 5.5 lbs. thats still doable, im hoping that i may have a good loss every other week!

yesterday's diet went well, had around 1050 cals, and did upper body weights and 50 sit ups.

havnt got a plan for today yet but will post later today or tomorrow with what ive had.

have been thinking alot about my holiday and how im going to go about maintaining my weight whilst im there. im gonna sort out a plan for whilst im away to make sure i can enjoy my holiday without gaining.

here is to a good and sucessful week 3!

ok, be prepared for abit of a long post...!!!

firstly, i got my grades from uni back today - got a 2:1!!!! im sooo happy!!! so definately in the running to get a 2:1 overall at the end of next year :D cant believe how well ive done - i really hadnt put enough effort in throughout the year but i guess all that revising has paid off!!

here is my food and exercise diary from yesterday:

breakfast:
50g oat granola (205)
150ml skimmed milk (55)
lunch:
2 slices of rye bread (166)
flora spread (35)
1 slice beef (49)
mustard (8)
seasonal 4 leaf salad (5)
snack:
original ryvita x 3 (99)
oat cake (40)
dinner:
king prawns (75)
little gem lettuce (14)
cucmber slices (10)
red pepper (20)
feta cheese (75)
sweet chilli sauce (103)
snack:
200ml skimmed milk (73)

total: 1032

exercise:
40 press ups, 100 side to sides, 20 dumbell curls, 20 lat raises (each arm), 10 overhead curls, 50 situps.

and here is todays:

breakfast:
50g oat granola (205)
125ml skimmed milk (46)
lunch:
2 slices rye bread (166)
flora spread (35)
turkey slice (33)
cucmber slices (10)
snack:
1 original ryvita (32)
dinner:
grilled turkey breast steak (155)
charlotte new pots (130)
half head of brocolli (64)
snack:
200ml skimmed milk (73)

total: 949

exercise:
20 hip abductions (each leg), 10 x 2 squats with dumbells, 10 x 2 lunges with dumbells (each leg), 50 situps, 100 side to sides, 10 overhead curls, 10 lat raises (each arm), 3 x 10 dumbell curls, and 30 minutes on exercise bike (10.7k).

i realise that it may be a little low in cals, but i really havnt been hungry!! with the weather being so hot ive lost my appetite. i also bought a new set of digital scales today so i can accurately count calories.

heres to another good day tomoz! x

today going well so far, feeling a little hungrier today than normal though, so am treating myself to abit of a high calorie dinner tonight (but will still be staying under 1200 cals for the day)

feeling very lethargic at the moment, and the backs of my arms hurt from doing weights, so having a pretty easy day and just going to do lower body and adbominal exercises later. will do some cardio tomorrow when (hopefully) ive got more energy.

just wondering if any one could give me some suggestions on low cal snack food that i can take on a long car journey that wont get mashed up?? so far ive come up with granola bars and dried fruit. we are driving to spain for my holiday and i want to be able to eat healthy in the car down there, rather than eat my usual car snack food of sausage rolls and scotch eggs!! any suggestions would be most appreciated! :)

todays diary entry:

breakfast:
50g oat granola (205)
150ml skimmed milk (55)
lunch:
bagel (205)
flora spread (35)
turkey slice (33)
baby spinach (10)
dinner:
chinese ribs (300)
corn on the cob (121)
flora spread (35)
green beans (19)

total: 1018

exercise: 3 x 10 squats with weights, 3 x 10 lunges with weights (each leg), 50 sit ups, 100 side to sides, 10 x 2 hip abductions (each leg).

another good day today :), bring on tomorrow!!

I have taken raw veg sticks with me on long journeys, and what about lower cal crisps like skips of quavers. I guess driving accross europe you want something that wont be affected by heat, so things like pots of jelly or fresh fruit could not work

ah i never thought about lower cal crisps, thanks for that mommy B. i guess i still see any kind of crisps as 'bad food' but nothing is bad when eated in moderation (and if they are low cal ones then even better!) thanks! xx

yesterday's menu:

breakfast:
50g oat granola (205)

150ml skimmed milk (55)
lunch:
bagel (205)
flora spread (35)
turkey slice (33)
baby spinach (10)
dinner:
quorn spaghetti bolognaise (have no idea - OH cooked)

total: not sure but wouldnt be more than 1200 cals i dont think.

exercise: none, day off.

still doing fairly well on the diet. went clothes shopping today for my holiday, got a pair of VERY short denim shorts from primark, wasnt sure if i could get away with them or not, so tried them on for my OH when i got home and he said they looked fine (and i know he'd tell me if they looked bad) so quite happy! got a size 10 because i didnt want a muffin top lol.

got another good day planned today - hoping i can break through the half a stone barrier by next weigh in, any more than that would be great. still got 4 more days so im sure its doable.

hey guys!! how are we all doing? sorry ive been awol for a while! well i have a confession to make - i have had a very bad weekend :cry: lets just say it involved jaffa cakes and chocolate raisens!

feeling very dissapointed with myself. i thought i was doing so well. i was really enjoying my new way of eating and thought i had cracked it. turns out im not really in control of my eating and as soon as i step off plan i get blown away!

i now know i need to make sure i stick to my plan, i just cant be trusted to go off on my own. i pulled it back yesterday and managed to stay under cals and had my weigh in today. i was pretty sure i would have put on weight seeing as i had 2 days off plan, but i have lost 0.75lbs. which means i now weigh 7st 12.75lbs - only 0.75lbs off target for this week. so relatively happy with that considering ive had days off.

only 2 more weigh ins until holiday - eeek!!! if i can stick to my targets for the next two weeks then il be happy.

does anyone sometimes have fat days and skinny days? sometimes i look in the mirror and i think, yeah, im not looking too bad, only a few more pounds to go and il be happy. other times i look in the mirror and think, i look bigger now than i have ever done! and really hate what i see. today im having a bit of a fat day, but im positive by next weigh in i will be having lots of skinny days!

Hi there, dont let one bad weekend ruin it all for you or put you off your plan. it clearly wasnt as bad as you think if you've still had a loss , well done.
I have only just started cc and am loving it, i had a great weekend which involve 2 bottles of wine and an indian takeaway!! but tho i went over cals then i made sure i went under sunday and yesterday, its all a matter of balance.

you are cetainly not alone in having the fat day/thin day thing. And have you noticed just to mess with your head more, it never coincides with the scales going up and down. Today i am having an average size day!!

thanks for your reply mommyB, nice to know im not alone! im finding it really hard to stick to the plan at the moment. im not binging or eating chocolate or anything - im just not eating great and i crave everything!! im just gonna have to push through it and hope things start to get better soon. fingers crossed!

Back