Darling09's 100% honest diary

Hiya, i have also recently taken up running, it has taken me about a month to get up to the point of being able to run 15mins comfortably.
so 10mins is great.

Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

try links like the above, gives a u training guide of how to build up ur stamina. really stick with it as i am now starting to enjoy it, has taken a while but have got there

hey thanks for that preetone. i think il stick with it like i said until i go on holiday. the plan looks quite good. its pretty similiar to what i do anyway, i walk some, jog some, sprint some - its supposed to give you a better work out.

diet still going really well, i ate lunch in town today and it was under 300 cals! went to boots and had sushi, sliced fruit with probiotic yoghurt, and a shapers cream soda drink, all for only £2.99 - very impressed with that!

felt quite bad this morning though - its the second time ive woke up in the morning hungry and it really makes me feel like i want to throw the towel in. the other day i woke up at 20 past 4 in the morning and had to have a drink of milk as i really felt quite ill with hunger!

i feel ok now and have had a really good day diet wise but if it keeps happening then i dont know how much resolve i would have to keep on the diet. i dont go to bed particularly hungry but its really not nice waking up before your alarm because you're so hungry!

i sometimes wake up hungry. or feel a bit peckish just before bed.
in an attempt to stop this im having a glass of milk before bed

ok - update. as i posted in another thread, after my two week weigh in on the diet i have put on 1.5 lbs!!! not good!!! i have also had the last two days off the diet! im such a bum!!!

why cant i stick with anything for more than afew days??? am i bored? no. is it really hard? not really. am i incredibly hungry? well, only sometimes. so then why am i overeating like this? the only answer i can come up with is that i am simply greedy!! i love the taste of junk food. its nice. i enjoy sitting infront of the tele doing nothing and eating rubbish. i like the feeling of being full and content.

does this sound like a healthy 19 year old? NO! so it needs to stop! i have a family history of obesity and diabetes, and whilst im not overweight at the moment, i could quite easily be if i stopped caring, and put my future health at risk. and i want to be a fit and healthy person with lots of energy that looks great!!

so it needs to stop now!! i want to be confident! and just a stone off and i know i will feel great! its only 5 weeks till my holiday now - to lose 15 lb before my holiday i would have to lose 3 lb a week. now this is doable, although it may be optimistic. so if i dont quite get there it wont be a massive problem - ive got plently of time before my final year at uni to get the rest off, so as long as i can get below 7st 10 lb il be happy - thats 9 lb, less than 2 lb a week to lose.

i AM going to do this. i NEED to do this. and i WANT to do this. hope you guys will be able to help me out along the way. im going to plan out what im going to eat each day and if you have any suggestions as always they will be most appreciated.

today:

breakfast: 2 weetabix with 100ml skimmed milk (165)

lunch: salad with half a romaine lettuce (13), half a sweet pointed pepper (17) two slices of turkey ham (44) and a 1/4 of a cucumber (10)

dinner: homemade french onion soup (around 700? i have no idea! suggestions?? - see ingredients below)

snacks: apple (63) special k mini bites (99)

water: 2 lites

total calories: 1111

exercise: 30 minutes on exercise bike. 100 situps. upper body weights.

with regards to the french onion soup - its made with 3 tbsp veg oil; 5 large onions; 50g butter; 1 bay leaf; 3 thyme sprigs; salt and pepper; 200ml madeira and 200ml chicken stock. this will be between two of us, plus 1 slice of a french baton. i think its around 700 cals.

i know its quite high for one meal but OH wants to make it for me and had bought all the ingredients so i cant say no! plus i guess the best thing about this diet is that you can have what you want as long as you're within the calorie limit?? or am i just trying to justify it being really high in cals?? LOL!

anyway, i know its not a brilliant day because of the evening meal - but its got my five a day in there and low fat diary, although quite low in protein probably - will have to work on that tomorrow. so how does that sound?

hope everyone is doing well! xx

like you said, darling - you're within your calories for the day and you're getting your 5 a day so you should be set :)

with your brekkie, i'd recommend you microwave it. if there's not enough milk with 100ml, i add some water as well then pop it in the microwave for 2mins. i find it keeps me full for much longer when it's warm!

also, if you're having trouble with the oh making high-cal meals, why don't you suggest taking it in turns? if you make a low-cal meal one night, then he a higher cal one the next night, you can adjust your day-time cals accordingly.

last night i made the tastiest meal - spicy butterbeans with prawns and sweet potatoes. it turned out to be about 395 cals a portion and both of us were really full!!

check out my food diary, and if you want any recipes for things i have for tea, i'll be happy to post them for you :)

tonight it's couscous with roasted red peppers, tomatoes and mint. yum yum!

xx

hey rhuba, thanks for the tip on the weetabix. i actually quite like my weetabix when they are a bit crunchy still so i dont have a problem with only having a little milk, plus i dont actually have a microwave! we just never got round to buying one when we moved in together and as we dont eat ready meals we didnt think there was much point in buying one! but il bear it in mind for future reference if we ever buy one!

its usually me who does the cooking now anyway so high calorie meals wont be a usual occurance. when i did my exams my OH did all the cooking - for about 2 months he did everything around the house bless him (this may also account for my weight gain LOL!) so now ive finished for the summer il be doing the vast majority of it. for some reason he's just decided he wants to take me to the cinema and then make me dinner so im not going to say no lol!

i have been looking at your food diary - really like the sound of your meals! id quite like the recipie for your meal last night - the butterbean prawn and sweet potato one, please if its not too much trouble - sounds yummy!

ive just done 30 minutes on my exercise bike - did 10.3k. its not the best ive ever done but im quite happy with it! was sweating absolute buckets when i finished - had it dripping down me - sexy! lol!! but feel really good for doing it and really hope that it will all be worth it on my next weigh in.

still got my 100 situps to do and a 20-30 minute weight session. feeling really positive now compared to this morning - im not letting the weigh in get me down - im using it to motivate me! the pressure is on now to look good for holiday and im using that to my advantage!! also ive just tried on my bikini - i look OK, not brilliant though. id love to get rid of my love handals and my thighs - but i fear they will never completely dissapear so i best start getting used to them!

in such a good mood right now - must be the exercise! have a good day everyone xx

exercise is an amazing mood enhancer. i never thought i would be anything but a couch potato, reluctantly peeling myself away from CSI but i'm finding that i wana do it almost every day now! i even got up at silly-o-clock and went for a jog a couple of sundays ago. wtf??!
keep it up though hun, it's instrumental in your weight loss!

as for the recipe, it serves 2 at around 390-400 cals a pop.

1 tsp olive oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 tbsp curry paste (i use hot tandoori- sharwoods)
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
100g mushrooms
100g king prawns
tin tomatoes
tin of drained butter beans
200g sweet potato
Couple of tbsp of chopped coriander and mint (fresh)

steam the sweet potato until tender.
Put oil in a pan and fry onion and garlic until soft. stir in the curry paste and fry for a couple of mins. Add curry paste, stirring continuously for 1 minute. Add toms, mushrooms, butter beans and sweet potaoes. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10mins. Add prawns and simmer until they are cooked. Just before serving, stir in chopped fresh herbs.

et voila. a yummy, filling dinner! i go for a walk about 5-10mins after i've eaten as it stops me immediately reaching for something sweet. if i'm still hungry when i get back, then i allow myself a pudding :rolleyes:

you'll be surprised at how much you get with that recipe as well. it's great! enjoy.....

thanks for that hun, i shall definately give it a try soon! i dont have a steamer though, so would it be ok to boil the sweet potatoes? and do u just kinda mash the sweet potatoes into it or keep them whole? also, can i use curry powder instead of paste? im sorry for all the questions, im a horrifically bad cook! lol!

done 50 of my 100 situps. prob wont have time to do much else now before i go to the cinema, so il do the rest of my situps and my weights after dinner - will give me something to do!

yes i can see how exercise can become quite addictive - although im not quite there yet lol! i really did have to force myself to do it this morning!

feeling quite hungry at the mo, had my breakfast and lunch so far, going to save my special k mini bites for when im at the cinema, so think il just have to fill up on water until then!
then ill come home, have dinner, do the rest of my exercise, then have my apple if i'm hungry.

im going to be walking into town too (around 2 miles) so that will be an extra bit of exercise, although il prob get the bus home!

best shoot off now and get myself all beautiful to meet OH - even waxed my 'tash today!! LOL!! :giggle:

yesterday went well, went slightly over what i thought i would have, but ended the day on 1240 cals, and according to one website i burnt over 200 cals on my exercise bike (the bike told me it was around 400 i had burnt but it doesnt take into account your weight).

my plan for today:

breakfast: 2 weetabix with 100ml skimmed milk (165)

lunch: 1/2 romaine lettuce (13)
1/2 sweet pointed pepper (17)
2 slices of turkey (44)
1/4 cucumber (10)

snack: apple (63)

dinner: sheppards pie with sweet potatoe topping (665)

snack: activia yoghurt (117)

i make this a total of 1094. i realise that the evening meal is again high in calories - this is because we need to use our mince up - but i need to make sure this isnt a daily occurance as i would rather have the calories spread out more evenly across the day. tomorrow i will make more of an effort to do this.

im also going to go on my exercise bike again today for 30 minutes and do upper body weights and situps, as i didnt get to do them yesterday.

im quite hopeful for next weeks weigh in - it would be so nice to actually meet a target for once, and i think 3 lb is definately doable. the only thing is im sooo tempted to jump on the scales every day to see how im doing!!! but i know i shouldnt and have resisted today.

stuck pretty much to the plan yesterday - 1201 cals altogether, although didnt do any exercise. still classing it as a 100% day though as i dont want to be too hard on myself, or else il just give up!!

woke up this morning, had breakfast and jumped on my exercise bike - 10.3 k in 30 minutes again, quite happy with that :)

off to work this afternoon, other than that not much else planned for the day.

feeling quite happy with the diet, not feeling too hungry at the moment and hoping for good results on tuesday!

oh, and i find out whether ive passed my exams or not a week tomorrow - dreading it!! will let you all know how ive done! have a good day xx

yesterday didnt go quite as well, went about 300 cals over my limit, although wasnt quite up to mainentance cals, plus i had done 30 minutes on the exercise bike in the morning. i am still classing this as a 100% day though. i was incredibly hungry when i got home from work at around 7.45 so i allowed myself a bigger portion of dinner and then missed out my evening snack. although im abit dissapointed that i didnt manage to stick to my 1200 limit, it could have been alot worse and at lease i consciously allowed it and was in control rather than binge! so all in all it wasnt too bad :)

i did actually jump on the scales today - naughty i know but i couldnt resist!! not sure whether i should tell what is says all not??!! lets just say it was a very good number and im very pleased :D

again nothing planned for today, just abit of housework. i should really start looking for another job soon though.

hope everyone has a good day! xx

hiya honey,

i did exactly the same yesterday- conciously upped my cals (although i went aboot 500 over! up to maintenance) but i was feeling lethargic and feint and it needed to be done. it was mainly all healthy and i'm back on track today. well done for not bingeing - you're doing really well.

and congrats on the secret result of your illicit mid-week weigh in! i'm a big advocate of once-a-week only, to avoid anomalous results, but sometimes the urge is just too irresistable!!

good luck with your cals today love, i'm sure you'll be fine :)

i think sometimes we need to up our cals abit. after all, we are the best judges of what our bodies need and, as long as we are being honest with ourselves, if we feel we need to eat abit more then it isnt going to ruin the diet. i hope upping your cals makes u feel abit better :)

i know i shouldnt weigh in more than once a week, but the temptation really was too much to resist! its nice to know im doing ok though ;) i know my weight loss is never going to be shocking due to my size, but if im on track to reach (or dare i say surpass) my targets then im happy!!

just had my breakfast - weetabix with 100ml of skimmed milk - i know its quite late but thats what you get for having a massive lie in!!

going to have mackeral for dinner, have no idea what with though!! i know its supposed to be quite high in cals so will have to be careful with what i put with it.

thinking i should do some exercise today too - maybe some toning instead of c.v? hmmm... we'll see!

yesterday went fine, today going well so far too, got up really early and had a decent breakfast of grilled sausages and a poached egg (around 350 cals altogether) then walked into work (around 40 minutes).

had a massive chat with my manager today about how unhappy i am at work, feel much better after getting it off my chest.

bascially the problem was that i dont really get on with the assistant manager too much and recently he has cut my hours. he explained that he had to do this because head office had cut their budget and everyone was in the same boat - so although i was abit dissapointed i didnt mind too much. then i found out that 3 other people had been given loads of extra hours! didnt bother to say anything at the time though as i thought that there wasnt much point, but brought it up today with the manager. told him that after working for the company for over 3 years its left me feeling under-valued and that i wasnt wanted there. i explained that although i dont get on well with the assistant manager, it shouldnt affect my working relationship with him, and i dont have to be friends with him, as long as im professional about it. also told him that as i dont turn up to work late or hung over (like most other staff) or mess around in front of customers, it was abit unfair to cut my hours, and ive proved that im a reliable employee by finding my own cover for shifts when i needed time off for my exams. im hoping that the talk will make him realise how the cut in hours has made me feel and hopfully il get some more hours if there are any going. he said he was sorry if it seemed like there was favouritism going on, but didnt really give me an adequate explanation as to why my hours had been cut. oh well, i guess some things you just cant fight!

phew, just needed to get that off my chest!

just cooking dinner at the moment, marinated chicken thighs with salad. missed lunch today (naughty i know) but went straight to bed when i got home and didnt wake up till nearly five oclock! starving now!

btw, has anyone been watching the biggest loser? the final was yesterday - and the winner looked amazing different!! he was quite big before and had lost 40% of his body weight! amazing transformation - came out looking like james bond! he really deserved to win.

hows everyone's weekends shaping up then? hope ok! xx

well, this is the start of the second week - but before i reveal my weigh in result il just fill in the rest of last week!

in all honesty i havnt been brilliant, i have noticed my calories steadily increasing throughout the week, and naughty foods starting to creep back in - such as tea and biscuits, which i vowed to give up completely. i also went out for a meal on fathers day with my family and had lots and lots of batterred shrimp - it was soooo good! lol! didnt have a pudding though :)

so, how has my first week gone according to the scales?? well..... ive lost 4.5 lbs!!!!! very very happy with that! its given me a lot of motivation to carry on and im definately on target to reach 7st 8lbs by holiday - perhaps more, but we'll see. i would only be 4 lbs off goal then anyway :)

i think my attitude towards dieting has changed considerably in the last week. whenever ive been on a diet in the past i have always vowed to be 100% strict, to not touch a naughty food at all. then when i did, i would feel like i had ruined the diet and then binge and end up heavier than when i started!! this time i have had afew little naughty things, but not felt bad about it and just carried on, and have lost an impressive amount of weight - so im definately sticking to this way of thinking.

so all in all im very very happy right now :) and have treated myself with abit of an online shopping spree at oasis for my holiday! cant really afford it but hey, thats what interest free overdrafts are for lol!!! ive ordered a pair of sunglasses, some earings, a dress, a tunic top, and a long cami! hopefully they will turn up tomorrow!

get my exams results on friday - really anxious about it! may have to treat myself to a cocktail at TGI fridays if ive done well - just the one though. in fact, i may need a cocktail if ive done badly anyway LOL!

so heres to a good second week, with hopefully another good loss :)

:clap:

yay! congrats! i think i've found the lbs you lost, but never mind, here's to a week of 100%!!

xx

thanks rhuba. sorry to hear about ur dissapointing weigh in - at least you are still lighter than u were two weeks ago lol!

i must confess - i had quite a bad day yesterday. lets just say it involved half a pack of biscuits :eek: very annoyed with myself seeing as i had such a good weigh in!!!

back on the straight and narrow now though. had my clothes from oasis delivered today. the dress is gorgeous! a size 8 and its really loose! bit concerned as its a strapless one and dont want it to fall down!!! but i tried it on without a bra so hopefully it should be ok when ive got one on LOL! the tunc and the cami im going to be taking back though.

here is my plan for today:

breakfast:
30g light choices bran flakes with 100ml skimmed milk (140)
250ml apple juice (120)

lunch:
slimfast chocolate shake (223)

dinner:
beef strips with sweet chilli sauce (145)
mixed veg (50)
extra sweet chilli sauce (50)

thats a total of 728. will add in some fruit and almonds between meals too - that should get me up to near my 1200 target. i know the slimfast shake isnt the best thing in the world to have, but we have hardly anything in the cupboards so im just trying to make do with what we have at the moment. going to try and drink lots of water today too - no more cups of tea and biscuits for me!!!

omg im so nervous, i find out whether i have passed or failed my exams in around 30 minutes! im soooo scared!! im 99% sure ive failed at least one (i did come out of the exam crying so it wouldnt be suprising!)! its a good thing i havnt got any snacks in the house because i know id be eating them all right now!! dont know what im gonna do if ive failed - it would be a seriously big knock to me, and i would have to be very strong not to walk down to tescos and pick up a whole heap of junk food and go on a binge! ive never failed anything in my life before, and the idea of failing scares me sensless! somebody please calm me down!!

relax, honey. it's done now. there's nothing you can do now to change the results and a binge will leave you feeling even more upset. i failed one of my exams in second year of uni and although it was distressing, knowing you can re-sit and focus all of your energy on that one subject is quite re-assuring. if, by any chance, you have failed it, resist the junk food. come on here and distract yourself - re-affirm why you're doing this hun!

(and good luck!!) xx

ive passed!! thank god for that!!! im so relieved!!

thanks for the kind words rhuba :) at least the temptation to binge is no longer with me!

im so glad ive managed to get thru my second year, i dont know exactly what my grades are, but i dont care, im just happy ive passed and can carry on with my final year! looking forward to enjoying the rest of my summer now without having to do resits!

been good on the diet today - branflakes and skimmed milk for breakfast, then some apple juice. just about to have lunch now. OH out tonight with his work so im having an evening in alone. when i wasnt on a diet and OH went out, i once ordered myself some fried chicken, pizza, and a chocolate cake!! all to myself!!! definately wont be doing that tonight!! not sure what il have but havnt got anything out of the freezer so it might just be a corn on the cob lol!! im sure i can russle up something.

hope everyone else is enjoying thier not so sunny afternoon xxx

Back