Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Hi all, first the ride ...

It was meant to be 100km, which is 62½ miles, but I ended up doing 73 miles!! I managed to get lost not once but TWICE lol, and also the police had blocked part of the route off due to their being a murder in the road so we had to find our way round.

Also, I had a puncture about 20 miles in, just as I was about to ride over Tower Bridge, which I was REALLY looking forward to. I took off my helmet and gloves, backpack too, then took my lights and trip computer off the bike so as not to scratch them, flipped the bike over, changed into the correct gear, loosened the wheel nuts ... went to get my under saddle bag which had my spare tube in it ... and it was GONE! It had fallen off somewhere en-route, in London, which was still FULL of people. No chance of seeing that again. Which left me with a couple of problems. One was that I had lost everything in it - spare inner tube, tyre removal levers, multi tool which cost me loads, and more crucially my card wallet with all my travel cards in and £20 too. Grr Grr and double Grr. It is costing me £30 to replace the travel cards, will be about £20 to replace the multi tool, another tenner or so replace the tube and tyre levers, and of course I still need to buy another bag. Not good.

But my bigger problem was that I was only a third of the way into the ride, no way of fixing my problem! But luckily for me there was a refreshment stop only about two miles away which had maintenance facilities too so I pushed the bike across the bridge - not quite the same lol - and got fixed up there.

That was the negative points, but the positive ... OMG it was doubly awesome!! What an amazing ride!! We saw just about every sight there is to see in London, had loads of cheering and clapping support from the people we passed - in particular cycling down Brick Lane about 2 in the morning and it was heaving!! Riding down Regent Street was brilliant lol. There were a couple of MONSTER hills which seemed to have had some of the cyclists well and truly beaten, but I just motored up pedal by pedal and was well pleased with myself.

We kicked off at 23.30, and I got off the bike at 07.10!! I came home, stayed awake (reluctantly) all day - it was Father's Day - then had an early night, and 16 hours sleep lololol.

We are looking into riding Land's End to John o'Groats next year - about 900 miles over 10 days!! Watch this space haha

Anyway, onto weigh in ... after 2 weeks of gains (3lb then 6lb) while I was pretty much off plan, I am glad to report back with my best loss EVER - tonight I lost 12lbs!! That isn't a typo, it was TWELVE!! Still can't really believe it myself, but I'll take it hehe.

I'm only 1lb away from my 8 stone award with Slimming World, with my own scales I am only 2lb away from my 9 stone total loss mark so all to play for and I will sticking to plan 100% again at least until I reach those :)

ttfn ♥

Hi all,

I'm up quite early today considering it is a day off, going out to play 18 holes of golf. Although 'play' is a stretch of the definition as I am pretty rubbish lol. Then back home for a delicious spaghetti carbonara, in plenty of time to watch England qualify for the knockout stages of the World Cup, then off to work this evening for the first of a run of nights.

I'm never too sure what to do with nights and Slimming World, and don't have much of a plan this time round either. Once you're actually on them it is quite straightforward it is the period coming onto them and then back off of them which can throw up some dificulties. Later today if my lunch isn't too late I plan on having a salad before work, but if I get back late from golf and have a late lunch I will take chicken tikka/pasta to work with me.

I love it when a plan comes together.

C'MON ENGLAND!! ♥

fab loss this week dave week:)glade enjoyed the bike ride have a good

Quick flying visit ...

I weighed in this morning (don't tell my Consultant lol), and my weight started with a 15!!

First time it's done that since I was at school!!

I'm now only ½lb at home from reaching the total weight loss milestone of 9 stones, and 1½lbs at my official Tuesday weigh ins from reaching my 8 stone loss since being with Slimming World!!

Let the good times roll :)

THATS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, WELL DONE :D I love reading about successes like this... I hope you are going to celebrate!

wahey! so amazing. Truely and inspiration!

and as for your riding, i wish i could do that.. i just dont have that self discipline!

:peep::peep::peep::peep::peep:

:missing::missing::missing::missing::missing::missing:

DAVE??? Page 3 mate, your slipping!!!!

So, you got us all hooked and have now withdrawn our 'soap-opera/gossip' supply. We demand updates!!!!!!

:sign0163::sign0163::sign0163:

:peep::peep::peep::peep::peep:

Hi all, sorry I haven't been in for so long!

As you may remember near the end of June I got down below 16st on my home scales, then shortly after broke the 9st total loss mark. I was planning on waiting til I had my SW 8st award before celebrating, but then a few nights out all came along at once and before you knew it my sub 16st weight had shot right back up to 16st 12lb!!

I had more to drink in one week than I would usually have in a year. Not that I am a big drinker normally lol. One retirement do, and for the life of me I can't remember what the other two things were haha, they must have been good.

Once I had gotten it all out of the system as it were, I got right back on plan where I have sat happily since.

To bring you up to date then with the weight thing, I have no idea what it is on the home scales as I am away on holiday camping, came away last Friday and going home again tomorrow - very much looking forward to weighing in at home Sunday morning it is VERY frustrating having no clue!! But I did manage to get to a SW group last night - my mum-in-law's group in Larkfield, where I registered a 6lb loss and picked up my 8st award :)

So I left you end of June just before picking up my 8st award, and rejoin you all having just collected it! In terms of weight loss I assure you you haven't missed a thing haha.

As I have mentioned I have been away from home all week, and away from my scales too Grrr, I have been very good though and managed to stay on plan despite all the many temptations so I think the god of diets rewarded me very nicely last night as a result with the 3lb loss.

I am home again tomorrow after taking the tent back down (body magic?), but the wife and kids are staying on here for an extra week with the mum-in-law in a caravan. So I am home alone for the week. Last time that happened I came right off plan the entire week, but this time I am gonna make sure that doesn't happen.

I have a free 2-week trial at a local gym, which I intend to start from either Sunday or Monday, and also at some point during the week I plan one or two rides from home all the way here to Wateringbury and back to see the wife and kids. Not sure how far it is til I have done it but in non-technical terms it is a LONG WAY lol.

Anyway I guess that is it for now, you are up to speed, and I once again promise to keep my reports to my diary more frequent. If only because a longer break between them takes longer to type up when I do pop back lol.

Hope you're all ticking over well on plan, I have noticed it is harder through the summer than through the winter, but I don't think it matters how much we stutter along the way, staying to the road where we can is the most important thing.

ttfn x

Hi Guys! Glad you didn't wait so long to post as I had lol

I'm home now. Wife and kids still away, until Tuesday night to start with - more about that later though.

I went shopping, picked up the essentials, salad stuff and fruit, didn't go anywhere near the cookies lol. Of course, I wouldn't have been tempted even if I had. Temptations are by definition only temptations when you fancy them! Whenever I am focused, in possession of my Slimming World mojo let's say, there really is no temptation at all. Simples :)

As I touched on earlier, wife and kids are home Tuesday evening, in preparation for a day out in London together with all of us and other friends and family - bit of an on foot tour, picnic in Hyde park if the weather is good to us. Will be taking all the right things, not planning on coming off plan just yet.

Anyway, 'twas just a flying visit :)

ttfn ♥

Back