Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Wow you are inspirational! My boyfriend has lost 5 stones and still weighs 22 stones - stories like yours help him keep going.

Thanks!

Hi Hathor, WOW fair play to your boyfriend has he been on Slimming World? Does he visit Minimins at all? I'm sure he would be a massive inspiration for others on here with similar journeys to make.

This is the end of Day 2 of being home alone ... had the same food more or less as yesterday. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

I missed brekky though as had a sneaky lay in til 11.30! So woke up to lunch, which was a lovely big salad. Had a HiFi bar just to use a Heb! Funny a diet which forces you to eat choccy hehe. Dinner was a pasta n sauce macaroni cheese for 2 syns, which I mixed some ham into (lazy man's carbonara!), and also had a side salad with 42g Cathedral City lighter thrown in for my HEa. Also snacked on a banana, 2 satsumas through the day.

Had a friend over all afternoon/evening. He has been on Slimming World for a few months now and lost a good amount of weight. But his eating habits are just awful lol. ALL he eats are vegetarian sausages!! He has always claimed to not like anything else, so has them for lunch and dinner, with nothing else. Very odd haha. But he had dinner with me tonight and realises there is more to life, he can now add pasta and also salad to his list. Which can only be good. I'm so proud of him for trying something new, and glad he enjoyed it.

I never got round to doing any exercise today, unless you can count using the tv remote as I have been catching up with my Sky+ planner from my week's camping. Two episodes of Biggest Loser, OMG that show is fantastic and great for reminding us of what we can achieve and also a welcome kick up the bum!

In my few week's absence from my diary I forgot to mention a couple of things ...

I had been in my local paper a couple of months ago, but more recently the other local paper also did a piece. Here is a link to the story ... A FAVERSHAM man whose life has been transformed after shedding eight stone in a matter of months has put his newfound fitness levels to good use, by taking part in two charity bike rides.

And also, I was reading through the current issue of 'Cycling Active' and came across a piece about the Nightrider charity bike ride I did ... then blow me down there's a picture of me staring at me from the pages!! I remember speaking to someone at the end but don't remember a photo being taken so massive surprise lol. Sadly I can't find a link for this but I may well copy it onto here at some point. The guy whow wrote the piece wants to do a report just on me and my weight loss and we are gonna talk when he gets back from his holidays end of August ish.

Also, my consultant has contacted the SW magazine about doing a piece.

Phew, I think that is all for now lol.

I'm looking forward to playing a round of golf tomorrow (that IS exercise hehe).

ttfn x

You deserve to be in the magazine Dave. :)

My boyfriend lost the first part of his weight by doing excersize. I was very impressed to see him have the guts to join a gym weighing nearly 27 stones. He goes three times a week and plays football once a week. He combined that with eating "normally". Now he has lost the first part of the weight, he is applying slimming world diet and his weight loss has started to really speed up. It took him 9 months to lose 5 stones, but in the last 2 weeks he lost half a stone on SW.

I think the combination of SW and excersize will help him get down to his first goal of under 20stones, then he wants to aim for 18 stones. He is very big built, so we're not really sure what his target weight is. He is pleased right now because the scale said 21 st 10 the other day.

I know how hard it is when you've been really overweight and I'm impressed with your journey too. It shows that it is possible to live a healthy lifestyle even though you've previously been very overweight.

Dawn
x

Dawn, great to hear the success of your other half, you should get him posting on here there aren't enough guys!!

And talking of success ...

(you see what I did there? hehe)

I'm fresh back from WI, and I lost 3lb and picked up SOTW :)

Particularly good as my last WI was only 5 days ago at another class, and also that I've been fending for myself as the wife was away.

She is home for tonight, as we are all out in London for the day tomorrow. We had a lovely indian for dinner, I'd only had 2syns all day but it is very much off plan. Chicken madras, pilau rice, plain naan and 4 popadums. Delish :)

Back on plan of course tomorrow, this was just a treat. Tomorrow as mentioned we are out in London for the day, meeting up with friends and family. We are taking a picnic, but I will be on plan all day. Taking with me pasta/chicken tikka that I take to work normally (2 syns for the mayo), some fruit, bag of Matteson's fridge raiders and a couple of boiled eggs. Taking loads of naughties for the kids and others who might want it - mini pork pies/sausage rolls/savoury eggs/etc but that kind of food doesn't really do it for me anymore so no worries of temptation. I will of course have 13 syns left so if it is warm and I fancy an ice cream I can go for it without worry.

I love it when a plan comes together :)

ttfn ♥

Hello Laddiesboy,
am reading your diary with interest as have a few (ahem!) stone to shift myself!

Hi Dave, can't wait until you're in the magazine.. (I keep bragging about how well you have done, with the support of Minimins, to my class).

Just a little nudge.... I know that some of the Mattessons fridge raiders have syns... at least 2 1/2 - 3 for the ones that I have....

I have decided that you should be banned from using the saying 'flying visit' and should start saying 'quick station (as in train) break' or something similar that relates to trains.... it's like you're being disloyal to the railway!!!!

hey dave just been reading your progress. there's def hope for the rest of us! hope i can stay as dedicated

Hi Rosie, whether it's a few lb or 10+ stone you want to shed you can only do it lb by lb and day by day, my advice is to set loads of little achievable mini-targets for your journey that way you'll never seem too far from the next one, and also you'll have the pleasure of hitting them as the weight comes off. Best of luck :)

Lonestitcher, thanks for the tip off about the fridge raiders, I realised the same myself prior to leaving and ended up giving them to the boys. Dunno why I thought they were syn free but glad I realised before I ate them. Although what you say is off course true every stop on a train is indeed a flying visit lol. And in fairness my ticker is a train on tracks :)

why d, hi (sounds like the start of a certain 1980s show eh? hehe). My motivation remains unchanged as I just wanna get to goal weight, and though my dedication to this aim does waver from time to time I seem to have gotten used to jumping right back on plan straight after any indescrepancies which is a vast improvement on how I used to be, one night off used to become a week and so on!

And talking of indescrepancies ...

(I'm getting good at these links ;))

I managed to stick to plan all day during my day out in London, watched everyone else eating all those savouries packed with syns and just had my pasta ... but then we got back to Victoria station ... and someone somehow snuck a load of Millies cookies into my bag!!

And then someone else must have forced them all down my throat and into my belly, as they weren't there when I got home. And then, due to being quite late back we decided to check the indian the night before hadn't just been a fluke in deliciousness, so had another. And hell yes it is gorgeous lol.

So it was no surprise Thursday morning to weigh in and be about 4lb heavier than I had been Tuesday morning.

But I was right back on plan Thursday, spent the morning taking a tent down (Body Magic?), and a couple of hours in the gym in the late evening.

No sign of those extra 4lbs shifting yet but I'm sure they will before Tuesday. And if not then they will be gone by next Tuesday. It definitely is getting harder to lose the weight now I am nearing the end of my journey, but I like the extra challenge. The gym although great for my fitness and physique is actually hindering my weight loss I reckon. My chest, legs, arms all feel quite toned now and that muscle mass must have an effect on the scales. But que sera sera, I'm doing all the right things so it's all good. Maybe I am closer to my ultimate target weight than I imagined? Who knows ... I never set it in stone.

Time will tell ...

ttfn ♥

Hi all, hope you all had fabulous weekends ...

Mine was great, went on a railtour train all the way down to Bournemouth, spent the day there with the wife and kids in the most gorgeous weather you could imagine, ate like a piggy loads of rubbish. But thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless.

Decided to check the damage on the scales this morning, and am now over 7lb heavier than I was last Tuesday morning! I KNOW how to overeat ;)

I have all day today and tomorrow to undo some of that. I'm back on plan again of course, planning a gym trip this afternoon after work and a jog after work tomorrow, which will all help put me back on the right path of weightloss rather than weightgain.

Too little too late for Tuesday though!

Hope you've all managed to be better behaved than I was lol

ttfn ♥

Dave, Dave , Dave you sure do now how to overeat BUT you also are an expert ay getting back on plan. Hopefully a couple of OP days and exercise will mean that gain is not quite as shocking. then back to losing for you. Or do you think that maintaining should be your summer holiday goal ??

I know you can do it whatever you decide.

Teresa

Hi Teresa, I'm not planning on switching to a maintenance programme until I am happy with my size/weight, which isn't yet. I will be mainly sticking to plan, but having time off it whenever I fancy. Perhaps ironically, I may still be the same weight end of the summer as I was at the start, same result as successfully maintaining, but my weight would have rocketed up and down in between as I came off and back on the plan according to my plans.

My weekend off plan ended up rolling into Monday and Tuesday too, so four days off plan not just the two I had originally planned. Both the Monday and Tuesday I had brekky/lunch on plan, but then come off plan when I got home from work. Bit annoyed with both really. I don't mind coming off plan completely when it is planned and for a good reason but to do it just for the sake of it was pretty dumb.

I had an idea from my home scales that Tuesday's weigh in at SW would show a massive gain, and was very tempted to not go. But I decided I was better off going along, taking the gain on the chin like a man, and just moving on. Which is ultimately what I did. WI was a 12lb gain. But whatever I take off this week and next will now show on the scales as a loss; If I had failed to go along this week and face the music then even big losses over the next couple of weeks would actually show as a gain next time at club (due to never officially have registering the 12lb gain). I can't get to class next week as I'm working, although I'm gonna try hard to get a swap for day off, but I will definitely be able to get to the following one.

I've been back on plan again today, and am about to get down the gym. Wonder how long it takes me to lose the 12lb I gained? If not in the next two weeks then soon afterward I'm sure.

ttfn ♥

Well done for going to class that is one MASSIVE gain but you did the right thing.

Hope now your back on plan it comes off quickly. I am the same as you in that I do not mind if i plan on going off plan but when i go off plan just through a whim i always regret it.

Teresa

Hi all, sorry I've not been posting much. Hope things are all going well :)

All is well with me, bit of a mixture of being very busy and also not having much to say (even though that's never stopped me before haha).

Not much to update you with really, other than I've finally joined a gym for real. I had a two week trial with a local gym and was ready to join then found out there was another one closer to my house and also cheaper (£30 per month, compared to £45) so phoned them and they also gave me a week's trial. It's not as big, and doesn't have the facilities of the dearer one, but it does have everything there I need. And it's cheaper :)

So I am now officially a member and trying to go at least every other day.

Initially as a giggle, I attempted the gym's rowing challenges - so far I have done the 1000m and 2000m distances, and I have surprised myself by going 2nd on the leaderboard on both - in fact the only person ahead of me goes by the name of "The Stig" and I think it is one of the instructors. The other instructors are below me!! Not sure how long that will last but I'll enjoy the kudos while I have it, and keep trying to improve my times. There are also a 500m and 5000m challenge and I will get round to those soon.

I'm still playing badminton too, once or twice a week. I've realised recently that I haven't been swimming since my 4-month pass expired so I am going to make an effort to do an occassional swim too.

Prior to my mega-blip where I put on 12lb, the lowest weigh in I have been at SW class was 15st 8lb. Tuesday gone I was down again to 16st 1lb, and this morning on my own scales I was down to 15st 9lb so things are heading in the right direction again and if I don't get below the 15st 8lb target this Tuesday (unlikely) it will be next week.

I'm glad the Summer has finished, have found it quite a struggle with all the days out and other distractions. Bring on the rain and cloud lol.

Oh, it's already here!

I think I'd already mentioned but I am planning to do the London Marathon next year, and also the 3 peaks challenge. I have now added a 10k road run in Faversham in a couple of weeks, and also a 10k mud/hill tortuous 'run' in January next year. And why not? lol

Hope you're all well and the lbs are dropping off, back soon. Ish ;)

Cheers Eve :)

Weigh in day is upon me again today, and I was hoping for another biggie on the back of the 5lb I dropped last week. On my scales this morning I was 15st 7¾lb, this time last week on my scales I was 15st 13¼lb so I was guessing about a loss of 5½lb.

BUT ...

I have been out playing golf tonight. And great it was, but that is a different post on a different forum lol. We were served a cooked brekky - which I avoided by having Weetabix before leaving, and a banana while they ate their fry ups. I had a couple more bananas around the course to help with energy. Then on our return we were served up with 'lunch'. I was lucky in that I had thought ahead and actually ordered a very specific ham salad to have while others were tucking into fry up number two for the day. And it came out perfectly, just as I wanted it.

The only problem in fact is that I didn't get to eat it til 16.00! When weigh in is at 18:30!! Big lunch coupled with a couple of pints of diet coke are gonna hinder me tonight, and I suspect I will have lost more than I actually have.

But having said that, I still expect to lose a couple of lbs, and I can look forward to another good weigh in next week simply on the back of the weight the scales should have showed me at tonight!

I love it when a plan comes together ;)

Grrr I hate being right all the time lol

Had a reasonable weigh in tonight, especially considering I lost 5lb last night - I lost 3lb and got SOTW too :)

As I explained earlier had it not have been for a very late 'lunch' it would have been more than double that. But on a positive note, I guess that means I already have a few lb in the bag for next week :)

I'm up early tomorrow to go to the gym, then have the day to myself. And Thursday I am playing badminton Thursday afternoon for a couple of hours. Not sure what to do yet Friday I am working and will struggle to squeeze a gym visit in before or after unless I get up at stupida o'clock - which isn't all that clever an idea seeing as I will have 9½ hours of work til late afterward. We will see.

We've had the bacon/¼lb burger from the new SW magazine this week, and also have two more new meals lined up to try - the chicken kiev, and also the chicken and mushroom pie. Looking forward to both.

Quorn balti remains my favourite though, and I suspect it always will do :)

We had LOADS of new members at our class tonight, not sure why maybe my SWC has been out advertising? The winner of young slimmer of the year came from one of my SWC's groups (not my one - we only have the man of the year and woman of the year lolol) so maybe that has somehow generated some interest. Whatever the reason, it's all good :)

ttfn ♥

Following my weigh in Tuesday night, I had a cookie treat night.

Then I was back on plan Wednesday, until the evening when for some reason I saw fit to have some more cookies!

So Thursday I got back on plan again, until the evening came and again I indulged in cookies!!

I think it's fair to say I am rather partial to cookies!!

So back on plan I have been again today, Weetabix for brekky and about to have a salad for lunch.

Very glad to say I am back at work today after a few days off, and will be taking chicken/pasta to work with me, with couple of Alpen lights and some fruit.

And by the time I finish Tesco will be shut! So a proper 100% day back on plan again. Simples :)

I went to the gym Wednesday and today, and played badminton yesterday, which will no doubt help to cancel out the cookies to a certain extent.

Tomorrow and Sunday we have the 'Hop Festival' in Faversham which is the biggest event this town has through the year. People from all around will pour into Faversham and according to weather forecasts should have a couple of hot sunny and dry days of fun and entertainment.

I of course will be working both days, and indeed am now working through til Friday. Back on earlies again. But it's all good, as I seem to thrive on the structure that work puts my way in relation to staying on plan.

I can get to weigh in Tuesday. a 4lb loss would return me back to my previous lowest SW weight of 15st 8lb, and 1lb more would get me to my 8½ stone award. And if I don't get to them this week, then I will get them the week after.

So long as Tesco stop selling those goddam cookies ;)

ttfn ♥

Back