Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

JoRoger, thanks I am very much looking forward to tonight :) You are right that I take pre-prepared stuff into work when I go. We have microwave facilities in most of our mess rooms, but the times of my official breaks vary wildly and I like to eat at pretty regular times (12 ish for lunch and 5pm ish for dinner) so I tend to eat on the trains the majority of the time!

Teresa, you are indeed mad fools lolol, but well done :) My ride is in June. Good luck with the marathon, will it be your first? How is the training going? I have had pasta 'n' sauce before, but not since starting on SW. My wife reads my diary (hence my occassional sucking up haha) and she has decided she definitely wants to get some pasta 'n' sauce now :)

I've finally come to a decision about how to treat today! Two days ago I used only 7.5 syns, and yesterday only 3 syns - I have been saving for today! I had normal brekky today (HEb and HEa). Lunch will be on the train, and I will be having a couple of boiled eggs, some pickled onions, and some mixed lettuce/cucumber/sweetcorn, and also taking 2 mini Babybels (HEa) and 2 Alpen light bars (HEb) and a banana for the journey. We are also taking a mug shot to have when we get to the hotel, so when we get to the party we aren't feeling hungry. That means on arrival at the party, I will have at my disposal 15 syns from today, and loads from the last two days and earlier in the week too. I will be drinking vodka with diet coke (2.5 syns each assuming it is a 25ml optic), so I can make sure I am within plan. I may borrow some of tomorrow's syns if necessary lol.

I am taking two weetabix with me, and also my measuring jug haha. I'm sure I will look a right spanner in the restaurant tomorrow at breakfast time, but I will be back on plan 100% no matter what is on offer and what others are eating. I'm stubborn like that :) I'm also taking a 'spare' couple of Alpen light bars which I will have as my Heb tomorrow and I can have them on the way home to stop me getting peckish. Lunch will be maybe later than usual, but when I get home. And dinner is a syn free chow mein so I can adjust tomorrow's 'snacky' menu depending on how many syns I get through tonight lol.

Then back to normal again Monday :)

Will have to adopt a similar plan next Saturday, as I am at my work's dinner and dance, and also the following Saturday as I am at a friend's 21st birthday at TGI Fridays. Tis the season to be jolly eh?

Anyway, loads to do so I better go! Make sure you all behave yourself while I'm gone, because I will know if you haven't, and there'll be hell to pay ;)

hope u have a fab time :)

Have a great time ! You sound like you have it all planned, buffets are my favourite and a big dieting downfall.

I am going out to dinner tonight with my husband and being a little reckless as I have no idea where we are going ! We have tickets to go to a shakespeare play (not really my first choice but a friend is the director!) My husband is part of an amateur dramatic group, his play is next week and far more my cup of tea a comedy. I am having my hair cut and coloured and then have to meet in town (derby city center ) to grab a meal and get to the theater. So our choices may be based on time. I have some ideas in my head of what to have at most restaurants that is most SW friendly. Like you Dave I have been saving my syns (have only used 3 a day since wednesdsays weigh in so potentially have 37 to play with !! but non home cooked food does add up)

I have walked a few marathons and run a few. But never London and i am very excited about it.

Offical training does nto start until Jan but I have a half marathon at the end of november so have a 14 mile training run tomorrow! (so all tomorrow's syns will go on jelly babies and lucozade hydro active during my run)

Teresa

Well, I'm back!!

Had a great afternoon and evening yesterday .. no idea of the syns used on drink or food, but that was the plan :)

Back on plan today, sat and ate my weetabix while watching others eating cooked brekky which was a good way to start, and I had a couple of Alpen light bars for the journey.

Sadly, the journey ended up a nightmare, and instead of getting home for lunch we got home just after 5! Obviously 2 Alpen light bars weren't gonna last me 5 mins, so we picked up some snacks between trains at Victoria station, made the good choices but was hard to find anything to fit in - went for 2 mini Babybels, 2 Special K bars and 2 bananas.

Bit late to think about preparing a cooked dinner so we are going for salad this evening for dinner. Can't be a bad plan when the fallback option is still one of my favourites!!

Back on plan again in a regular way tomorrow, which is just how I like it :)

Off to play a couple of hours of badminton tomorrow morning, which I think is gonna be very testing but we shall see. No matter what state I end up in, I'm gonna love it.

I'm interested to see what my scales say I am tomorrow, following the weekend. And of course, I get my long awaited official SW weigh in Tuesday night.

Bring it on ♥

Teresa and mommyb, my wife reads my diary so will have your recommendation, I have a sneaky suspicion we will be picking some up when we shop Thursday.

I went out to play badminton today with a couple of guys from work. I got totally mullered (and not in the yoghurt way!) but the 2 hour workout was great. Sadly one of my friends seems to have torn a muscle or ligament and will be out of action for a while. Get well soon Mick!! I love badminton so much, and the fact that even after two hours of it I still feel as fit as I do when I start - I seem to be so much fitter these days than I ever recall being :)

We have chow mein for dinner this evening and tomorrow after my weigh in tuna/pasta/sweetcorn/mayo which I haven't had for a couple of weeks and is always very delicious.

I am really looking forward to my weigh in, I am on the cusp of my 2.5 stone award, my Club 10 award, and also hitting my 12-week Christmas target a few weeks ahead of schedule, which will all be fab!

I don't know just how much I will lose, but my home weigh ins have been very positive and I was this morning 21st 1lb (albeit naked and after a night's sleep). My previous official Tuesday evening weigh in had me on 21st 11lb so I could even be looking at a good weigh in. No pressure though, what will be will be :)

After weigh in, I need to restart a syn-saving exercise in preparation for going out to my work's dinner and dance on Saturday. I will use the bare minimum 5 syns per day (or thereabouts) Wed/Thurs/Fri which means that by the time Saturday arrives I will have 45 syns at my disposal. It is a set menu, and if I like it I'm gonna eat it regardless! Same with drinks, it is the last dinner and dance I can go to as I am moving to a new depot for my new job 13th December so I am certainly gonna have a few - I will stick to vodka/diet coke though as in the long run I reckon it is much better than pints of lager. It is only meal out of 21 during the week, so no worries.

I'm off now, just been told by my 5 year old that I have to read him a story haha.

Hope you're all in the zone, and concentrating on the positives of this journey ♥

3 hours til weigh in and counting ....

I had normal brekky today, and salad for lunch with my HEa 42g low fat Cathedral City too. Salad cream was 2 syns.

Dinner will be after weigh in, I am having tuna/pasta/sweetcorn/mayo which is another 2 syns taking me to four. Tuna is a HEb meaning I have had all my HEx's for the day.

I will be having a HiFi bar for dessert taking me to my total 10 syns for today.

I went out for a ride earlier just after lunch, just under ten miles, most of which was off road. Found a fantastic little place near me (called the Oare gun works) and it is all trees, hills, mud, puddles - had a whale of a time making cycling routes where there wasn't one, and at one point I more or less came down a hill sideways haha.

I'm back at work tomorrow, having to get up at silly a.m. for the pleasure, so I sadly can't stay after weigh in for the meeting as I need to get home, have my dinner and get to bed pretty early :(

The weigh in is the important thing though. And hopefully I will be collecting my 2.5 stone award, Club 10 award, and hitting my 12-week Christmas club target too. Touch wood :)

hope the wi went well and you got your bundle of awards:)

Forgot to mention, if you're Whitstable way, Tesco has the choc and fudge Alpen lights.

Enjoy being back at work:)

Hi Bayside, thanks for the tip I will get down there if I get the chance :)

Weigh in went great I lost 7.5lbs, picked up my 2.5 stone award and club 10 too, and am also now 5lbs ahead of the 28lb target I set myself for the 12-week Christmas challenge :)

Not at all looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, especially as there are no trains running due to a big fire between here and where I work so I will end up on a railway replacement bus to and from work tomorrow. Yuk!

Am a little concerned as to how good my rice will be at work tomorrow, after being made this evening and refridgerated overnight and not reheated before being eaten. If it turns out as horrid as I suspect then I may have to look at a plan B - which could be taking pasta instead. Which sounds better than rice anyway lol

for now though, it is bedtime! Gotta be up at stupid o'clock!!

fantastic!! Don't forget to update your weightloss under user CP, cos it will then let you know your current BMI and that you now weigh under 300lbs!!! Way to go:)

Hi Dave,

Over the course of today at work (wasn't very busy!) and this evening, I have read your diary start to finish, you've had me laughing a fair few times and you're enthusiasm is contagious - I'll be checking in regulary for updates :)

Hey Dave just wanted to say well done on picking up your 2.5st and club 10 awards this week. I got my silver seven (WW equivelent of half st award) tonight so am happy.

Just a tip, the Asda SP and Tesco Value pasta and sauce in cheese and brocolli is gorgeous and saves alot of money esp if like me you eat them frequently. I made them without milk and butter and they are really creamy and free.

Anyway well done xx

Tobii xx

Dave, you are my hero!

I only registered with Minimins yesterday and i've read you're entire diary while I should have been working! :)

I am so impressed with your style, your attitude and of course, your weight loss! You are an inspiration.

Keep up the good work.

Sarah

Thanks all for your lovely messages :D:D

Bayside, cheers for reminding me to update my userCP - there always seems so much to update and I always forget something!!

mommyb, actually my rice was as tasty as ever but I like the mayo idea!

mhairib, welcome to my diary, glad you enjoy it and you are welcome back any time. But stop skyving, you'll get me in trouble with your boss!!

fallenangel, thanks very much and well done to you for picking up your half stone award so quickly

teresa, I am very happy to have lost so much considering the night away. Even more so as I have a few more nights like that, and worse, coming up before christmas so I know that with the right planning I can enjoy them without them denting my success too much :)

Sarah, thanks for the lovely message and welcome to my diary. It's no wonder the economy is the state it is with everyone stopping work to read my diary lol ;)

I survived my first early turn today, although there were loads of problems on the tracks, some trains up to 90 mins late at one point. Not a good day at all, although I came through it relatively unscathed which is rather good :) My first train was about 15 mins late then all others pretty much on time. Just lucky though, nothing else.

I've got long days the next couple (leaving home before half five a.m. and getting back almost 12 hours later) and I'm not looking forward to it one bit. I'm gonna take most of my food allowance with me both days and just leave here what I plan to have for dinner - makes sense as I won't get much time at home after work before I have to go to bed.

Saturday I am on a training day, about 9 til 3, then I have my works dinner and dance afterward. I will have brekky as usual, lunch at work, but save all my syns for the evening. Touch wood my plan will work as well as it did last week and I might still show a loss on WI day.

I'm not exercising much this week which I think could have a dramatic effect on my results. It's too wet and windy to ride, and I'll get no time to Wii fit (always others around when I am on early turn). Sunday evening I will get a chance to Wii fit, and Monday I am planning on playing badminton again.

From Sunday I am off for four days, yum!!

But now, my bed is calling me, can you hear it? :)

evening, i'm sure you'll handle your dance etc ad still have a great WI :) mini mins is great for diet but bad for work!!

Hi Dave, haven't been around all week as have been confined to my bed with a migraine, get one really bad one every six months or so, not fun! Have just read your excellent weight loss result, well done you! Absolutely fantastic results, really pleased for you :)

Hi all

I think this must be the longest between posts for me since I started my diary! But fear not, I'm notr slacking, nor losing focus nor faith, I've just been busy and very tired.

This week I have been on early early earlies, having to get up at 04.30 Wednesday-Friday, and it is shattering!

On top of the tiredness caused by the unsociable hours, it is a very hard time of year to to drive trains - the leaves are down and it is wet, turns the tracks into an ice rink in places and you have to concentrate 100% all day and it really drains you. Glad to say they are all behind me now! Today I was meant to be on a training course starting at nine but it has been cancelled for some reason, so I am at work but just mooching about and hoping I can go soon haha.

The early starts have been playing havoc with my morning weigh ins!! The morning of my Tuesday WI I was 21st 1lb, but since then I have been 21st 3lb!! Back to a normal reading today, I am down to 20st 13.75lbs which is not only a slight loss, it also smashes the 21st mark WOOHOO!!! I'm so pleased :D:D

I have my dinner and dance tonight, which I'm looking forward to. I have been saving my syns all week, using only 6/6.5 per day and today I will be using only 2 before I get there (salad cream on my salad at lunchtime, in case you were wondering :)). I will be drinking vodka/diet coke as opposed to lager as it is friendlier to SW, but I won't be counting how many I have nor worried about what I eat - the preparation is there with my syn saving, and it is just one meal out of 21 this week, I'm just gonna enjoy it. Sadly it is a fixed menu so I couldn't choose but I won't be having starter as I don't like prawn or salmon both of which are in it.

I haven't done ANY exercise yet since WI, it is so hard with early turns, and a family at home. I'm not giving up on it by any means, I'll be back on it tomorrow with a vengeance :)

I have gone down another notch on my belts, and on one of them I am on the smallest one, which I never got to last time I lost weight and got to a lower weight than I am now. I seem to be losing it in a different way to previous diets, but it is a better way and I feel much better than I ever remember feeling even back to my schooldays!!

I ♥ Slimming World :D:D

I hope you all have a great weekend, and remember BEFORE YOU BITE IT, WRITE IT ;)

Back